Being attacked 5 time by the same guys in less than 2 day !? [RESOLVED]

Postby MrSojrio » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:26 pm

So, this guys, crack, has attacked me :

2017-09-18 01:27:55
2017-09-18 05:24:03
2017-09-18 09:51:07
2017-09-19 01:03:58
2017-09-19 12:48:52

He rape me once. Ok, that's the game. Twice the same day, why not. FIVE TIME ??? What the actual hell Oo

You will say "so why do you attacked him back ?" And i will say : I DIDN'T !!!

Here is my attack log :

Yep, i didn't attacked him once. So basicaly, the game algorithm is showing my name to this guys every 3 hours. SERIOUSLY ??

This guys has 11 lvl above me, totaly rape my network (with literaly only basic stuff lvl over 9000 :lol: ), and the game is currently saying : "well, that's not enouth, burn him again"

Well, ok.

Bytheway, this is not my only one exemple, i got some guys that are able to attack me 3 times in a row without cooldown :

Can someone please fix this !?? This is very anoying.....

Luminaar

Re: Being attacked 5 time by the same guys in less than 2 day !?

Postby Luminaar » Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:31 pm

Nice post, well constructed, screenshots help a ton. :D Hopefully my comments are just as helpful. :)
MrSojrio wrote:... the game algorithm is showing my name to this guys every 3 hours.
The game is showing your network to ALL players every 3 hours. It's not just that player that's able to see you :)

What we do find that happens though is that some of the better networks get attacked by the same person repeatedly. It may not seem like it, but this is a positive sign!

As mentioned, once you are able to be searched, all relevant players are able to attack you. A weaker network would be attacked by everyone that happens to find it, which means the attack logs look varied, as lots of different players are able to successfully attack.

With strong networks however, the number of unique attackers you receive drops down, as only stronger players are able to hack it successfully. This sometimes results in a player seemingly being "attacked by only this one person."
MrSojrio wrote:So, this guys, crack, has attacked me :
2017-09-19 01:03:58
2017-09-19 12:48:52
To use these last attacks as an example, you'll notice that there's an 11-12 hour gap between attacks. This means that after the first 3 hours, your network was displaying to other players for 9 hours before someone decided to attack! What seems to be happening in your case is that your network is being viewed by a lot of players, but only a very limited number of players are strong or confident enough to attack.
MrSojrio wrote:i got some guys that are able to attack me 3 times in a row without cooldown
This is due to the 3 hour time only starting when you fail a defence. Since none of those attacks were successful, the shield doesn't kick in.

Hope this helps!
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that can read binary, and those that cant.

hassijun

Re: Being attacked 5 time by the same guys in less than 2 day !? [RESOLVED]

Postby hassijun » Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:28 am

The same happend to me with the user "crack" ... Please check of he or she ist using a hacker tool. Waiting for your response.

Luminaar

Postby Luminaar » Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:57 pm

hassijun wrote:The same happend to me with the user "crack" ... Please check of he or she ist using a hacker tool. Waiting for your response.
Attacks by crack, and all the players at the top of the leaderboard for that matter, are all within parameters set out by the game.

A player is prevented from showing up in a search result for 3 hours once they've been attacked. However the players is not shielded from attacks - they are simply prevented from being found as a target. A player is still able to be attacked by other players who have previously found them on a search(but haven't attacked them yet), as well as via a retrace.

Since the search prevention lasts for 3 hours, it is possible for players to be searched and attacked multiple times during a day. The previous attacker is not prevented from finding a target where they were the last successful attacker.
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that can read binary, and those that cant.

hassijun

Postby hassijun » Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:32 pm

That means you want to tell me, that one user will search and find me several times in a row within the millions of user... Sure i understand that.... Bullshit.

Luminaar

Postby Luminaar » Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:11 am

hassijun wrote:That means you want to tell me, that one user will search and find me several times in a row within the millions of user... Sure i understand that.... Bullshit.
No. This means that all the relevant users are finding you, but they're choosing not to attack you.

Usual causes of this are:
- The player has a stronger than average network.
This will result in players being able to search the network, but will decide not to attack it due to their perceived ability to conquer the network
- The network doesn't contain enough resources to be worth attacking
Most players will only attack a network where they will make a profit, and where they are able to loot more than what their programs cost to compile. A player that is climbing the leaderboard and wishing to gain reputation will not care about the lack of resources, resulting in rep climbers attacking a network repeatedly (because no one else wants to.)

Post a picture of your security logs, showing the attacks in question, if you're still having doubts.

TheLurkingRage

Postby TheLurkingRage » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:26 am

I know this post is marked as "resolved", but the simple reason you're being attacked by crack all the time is because of 3 things:
- You appear on his map all the time because at high rep and end game the search is extremely narrow
- He's climbing rep, so he'll attack whoever he can whenever they show up on search regardless of resources available
- Your network is easy for him, so there's no reason for him to skip you.

Das it. I don't like the search algorithms either and the only thing you can do to keep crack or any other player from repeatedly hacking you is by taking advantage of the online shield, the same way crack does.
First hacker to reach 4k rep.

TheLurkingRage A.K.A Azussa, RepRipper and more
Level: 95
Top Rep: 4.9k
Current Rep: 2.4k
Player since: January 2017
YouTube:https://youtube.com/user/TheLurkingRage