What's most effective way to use worms?

Various ways of using programs during hacks
vinyl5001

What's most effective way to use worms?

Postby vinyl5001 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:41 pm

So, what's most effective way to use worms?
Most of the time (not always of course) I just rush to central node, usually core which has 5 slots, place around 2 worms, 2 data leach and an Ice Wall (didn't reach better programs yet) and start capturing everything what's left from there.

I have a strong feel that I'm missing some better strategy for worms, so some advices appreciated, ty
CORE 7 LVL
25 LVL
REP 500+
In-game: Frol

crack

Re: What's most effective way to use worms?

Postby crack » Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:27 pm

Need way more info dude lvl of worms plus other programs send a pic if u like to me of programs and base clearly showing lvl of both or post up so others can help. Not many players have 21 worms I know 2 ,1 failed heavy against my base. Good for clean up thou
Neither of these!!! Pay 2 Win /Smurf /Minmaxer :shock: Definitely these!!! 0$ dude/ TP/ RHG/Play by the ROE/Friendly/& an ass *donkey) lol

PerseVerAnce

Postby PerseVerAnce » Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:01 pm

The general consensus is that worms are useless for the most part. Some people prefer to save 1 or 2 beam cannons by using it to take over the net connection nodes, but that's about it.

Here is a video showcasing the strength of level 21 Worms plus Level 21 Kraken:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xv8RyNsYpUY

It looks cool, but it is pretty underwhelming when you consider how long it took to perform the hack.
Level 61
Highest Rank Achieved: Elite
Youtube https://www.youtube.com/c/PerseVerAncee

scrougy

Postby scrougy » Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:03 am

i usually use it for cleanup and thats it.
Kracken to make way, Shuriken and IceWall+Protector to secure, Worms to clean up, with the ocassional blaster/battering ram for the odd gate that wandered away from the way to the net connection to the core.

same for networks that dont protect core, just more shurikens and the occasion whrat in both case.