I know I feel stupid

Various ways of using programs during hacks
dooshbag

I know I feel stupid

Postby dooshbag » Sat Feb 04, 2017 7:15 am

I'm lv 30 with core lv7 and 100 program space but I just don't know how to take this on any help appreciated

edit: 1/5/17
i was new to the game and it just looked very difficult but looks can be deceiving but im like 4x better at hacking now
Attachments
IMG_20170204_181405_916.jpg
IMG_20170204_181405_916.jpg (76.38 KiB) Viewed 3052 times
Last edited by dooshbag on Mon May 01, 2017 12:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sutopia

Re: I know I feel stupid

Postby Sutopia » Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:55 am

Beam and wall all the way, easy.

Luminaar

Postby Luminaar » Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:35 am

dooshbag wrote:I'm lv 30 with core lv7 and 100 program space but I just don't know how to take this on any help appreciated
Kraken's are really good against this network. Place 'em around the edges, and use an additional Beam Cannon when you get to the Sentries, and a couple of Cannons when you get to the Turret. You'll need one for the Scanner, and a couple for the Black ICE as well. Use more Beam Cannons to mop up the center, with a shield or 2 for the end, as some nodes get recaptured.
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that can read binary, and those that cant.

Postby Newbie » Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:42 am

I just finished this one last week at my only lv20~ .

What I did:

1) Disable CG and inner sentry
2) Send 3 Krakens and worms
3) Luminaar described quite details on those tree nodes where I did almost similar.

Apocalypse

Postby Apocalypse » Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:10 pm

Wraith code gate and all sentries and then kraken and worms all the way. only need to put down ICE walls when nodes going against the black ICE and turret.

Taiwei

Postby Taiwei » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:49 pm

I'm more stupid, I used 4krakens and still failed, got to the server farm...
[Insert uncreative signature here]

Actually, you can join our discord, where questions will be answered with 24hours, here is the join link for you:

www.discord.me/hackersmobile

Neur0c1d3

Postby Neur0c1d3 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:35 am

I wouldn't use kraken, I personally would stealth the gates, the core sentry, and then going from the nearest gate a beam and a worm. Working my way into the core area. Worms will take out the ring by themselves and you don't really care about it anyway.

Honestly it doesn't matter what offense you choose. I personally use a worm, and a 2:1 BC to Shuri ratio. I actually only use 6-7 ice walls, and I've got a protector for the annoying scanner chokepoints.

Taiwei

Postby Taiwei » Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:58 am

Neur0c1d3 wrote:I wouldn't use kraken, I personally would stealth the gates, the core sentry, and then going from the nearest gate a beam and a worm. Working my way into the core area. Worms will take out the ring by themselves and you don't really care about it anyway.

Honestly it doesn't matter what offense you choose. I personally use a worm, and a 2:1 BC to Shuri ratio. I actually only use 6-7 ice walls, and I've got a protector for the annoying scanner chokepoints.

But then you would have to take control of all nodes, do the kraken and the worms will tidy stuff up, also yeah wraith CG and sentry, the AV gets annoying after a while. You might need some ICE walls for the turrets around the outside.

Actually, you can join our discord, where questions will be answered with 24hours, here is the join link for you:

Neur0c1d3

Postby Neur0c1d3 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:54 am

Taiwei wrote:
Neur0c1d3 wrote:I wouldn't use kraken, I personally would stealth the gates, the core sentry, and then going from the nearest gate a beam and a worm. Working my way into the core area. Worms will take out the ring by themselves and you don't really care about it anyway.

But then you would have to take control of all nodes, do the kraken and the worms will tidy stuff up, also yeah wraith CG and sentry, the AV gets annoying after a while. You might need some ICE walls for the turrets around the outside.

What do you mean? A kraken is expensive.

All the good stuff is in the middle with no defensive aspect once that sentry is wraithed. You have 3 minutes, should take 30 to get in the core area. Worms will do it all alone, once you're there, but a few shuriken will speed up the process. An ice wall, a protector, and a few beams to get to the gate. Gg.

Alternatively, portal the sentry and worm shuriken from there.

Taiwei

Postby Taiwei » Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:43 pm

I mean, work aren't that strong, and are a bit slow at duplicating, si when they trekker over a node near the turret the turret started firing in just zero point font seconds. While the worm takes time to duplicate, the firewall will be destroyed fast and you will lose the node (one of the mission requirements is to control all nodes) . Krakens are expensive but there have a really short duplicate time, also once you've realised the krakens you can just sit and wait and it will do everything for you, but worms are definitely needed to tidy up remains of a network. But not as a primary attack program in my opinion.