WTF is a Maelstrom

Various ways of using programs during hacks
Hell_Diguner

WTF is a Maelstrom

Postby Hell_Diguner » Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:09 pm

Y'all keep using a term that you never properly defined anywhere that the forum, wiki, or youtube search engines can find.

Huh, I intended to post this in the network strategies sub-forum. Oops.
Hell_Diguner - C12L39, Had C12L29 (world record), Shuriken main
DiaboliExMachina - C12L38, Worms+Maniac main
CaptainDavyJones - C12L39, Beams main, will eventually be Kraken main

Luminaar

Re: WTF is a Maelstrom

Postby Luminaar » Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:21 pm

Hell_Diguner wrote:Y'all keep using a term that you never properly defined anywhere that the forum, wiki, or youtube search engines can find.
I'll add a description to http://hackersthegame.wikia.com/wiki/Network_Layouts in the near future, once I get the fundamentals down. (EDIT: Done, check it out!)

The main traits of a Maelstrom base include a very high level sentry, and an increased number of low level nodes which are all connected together in a jumbled, chaotic mess (albeit, with a high level Core to be able to buy those nodes.) The premise of the base is to have the high damage from the Sentry quickly recapture the low firewall nodes, making it very difficult to gain a substantial foothold anywhere in the base. Additionally, with the low level nodes all being connected, they cluster together, giving the added benefit of making them difficult to press efficiently when needed. The use of choke points in these bases are quite minimal, usually 1 as you enter the Maelstrom'd part of the network, as the main strength is having each node being able to be recaptured by a strong sentry.
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that can read binary, and those that cant.

e1a00000

Postby e1a00000 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:37 pm

Luminaar wrote:
Hell_Diguner wrote:Y'all keep using a term that you never properly defined anywhere that the forum, wiki, or youtube search engines can find.
I'll add a description to http://hackersthegame.wikia.com/wiki/Network_Layouts in the near future, once I get the fundamentals down. (EDIT: Done, check it out!)

The main traits of a Maelstrom base include a very high level sentry, and an increased number of low level nodes which are all connected together in a jumbled, chaotic mess (albeit, with a high level Core to be able to buy those nodes.) The premise of the base is to have the high damage from the Sentry quickly recapture the low firewall nodes, making it very difficult to gain a substantial foothold anywhere in the base. Additionally, with the low level nodes all being connected, they cluster together, giving the added benefit of making them difficult to press efficiently when needed. The use of choke points in these bases are quite minimal, usually 1 as you enter the Maelstrom'd part of the network, as the main strength is having each node being able to be recaptured by a strong sentry.

I wish I could use the maelstrom,unfortunately I don't build miners lol. Slow build, but the cheapest firewall with the most deviation out there.

emanon

Postby emanon » Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:24 am

Thank you Luminaar for the hardwork maintaining the Wikia information

Luminaar

Postby Luminaar » Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:38 pm

emanon wrote:Thank you Luminaar for the hardwork maintaining the Wikia information
:Thumbsup: Thanks man, appreciate it.
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that can read binary, and those that cant.

Return to “HACKING STRATEGIES”