Help Hacking

Various ways of using programs during hacks
The_Teeth

Help Hacking

Postby The_Teeth » Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:05 am

Hey, I need help attacking these two systems, any advice is much appreciated. :D

http://imgur.com/a/zcLj6

Silken

Re: Help Hacking

Postby Silken » Thu Oct 27, 2016 6:20 pm

I've not done either of these yet. But the first I would just brute force with Ice Walls, Blasters and Cannon Beam, coming in from both side.

The second looks deadly only if the anti virus spreads. I tried to hack a base with these Gold/White/Black Sentry and whilst the rest of the base was crap, the sentry alone opened a can of whoop arse on me. However, I would wraith the Sentry near the net connection and take the rest of that little diamond with Ice Walls and Cannon Beam. The other two sides use a Kraken/Ice Wall/Cannon Beam. Meet in the centre. The rest should be easy.
Silken
Level - 54
Reputation Status Update - Farming is Dead :o

legal

Postby legal » Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:05 pm

The_Teeth wrote:Hey, I need help attacking these two systems, any advice is much appreciated. :D

http://imgur.com/a/zcLj6
kraken and protectors and a few ice beams and mow thru them.
Username: Legal
Level: 48 (12/25/16)
Core: 12
Highest reputation: meaningless
Highest world rank: meaningless
Find me on my discord for help @ https://discord.me/unofficialhacker along with many other, high level players.

RitaVrataski

Postby RitaVrataski » Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:22 am

Stealth part :
- 5 access, 2 wraiths
- Attack from the 2 turrets side to disable Code Gate (CG) & the sentry that is next to the scanner. Hopefully, it shouldn't be too much to break the stealth before sentry is down. In case of need, upgrade your programs & try to act the fastest possible when stealth begins.

Savage part :
1 Kraken from there, basic brute force with Beam Cannons (BC) & ice walls.
1 protector where the scanner stands, since he will be under pressure by a CG reached by the other sentry (or even the last CG if you've been too slow, but that shouldn't be the case imo).
For the 2 turrets, from the sentry, you got Kraken that will focus Guardian. Add 2 BC and 1 ice wall to renew once or twice. In case you wanna be fast and have disk space : 1 or 2 blasters instead of BC. Other option : 2 shurikens if you leveled them up, so you take down Guardian faster and start chunking the turrets (will probably need 1 more ice wall though).
When Kraken has reached Guardian, it's another point to finish off the turrets. Normally, no need to shield it, and with Kraken + eventually 1 BC / 1 data leech, you'll get the Core DB in time.
For sides with databases, one should be fine with 2 shurikens placed early, the other one should be crushed as fast as possible spamming BC, with 1 icewall for the Black Ice.

Strat :
- Attack from one side : no waste of time/programs, easier to execute
- Takes down the "main" sentry and allows reaching the center of the network (scanner) to isolate the other sentry
- Allows you to go hardly offensive and save a lot of time
- Low-cost (1 Kraken & Beam Cannons / Shurikens are the main programs here)

Does it seem possible that way? I don't have that level yet, but that's the way I'd go. Need to calculate the disk space this would take...