Program Composition for attacking

Various ways of using programs during hacks
ZeroCool

Program Composition for attacking

Postby ZeroCool » Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:12 pm

I am trying to figure out the best composition for attacking at my current level. (Core level 4) I have access to the blaster and the protector.

I am having a very hard time trying to complete the b-coin vortex and the 2 other security missions. And I haven't been able to hack anyone for 100% in a while. (I can usually get the core, but it's resources I want) I am just looking for advice on what programs and how many to use. My program library can hold a max of 35. Suggestions?

samgyeop

Re: Program Composition for attacking

Postby samgyeop » Wed Oct 05, 2016 4:23 pm

If the player you are attacking has a Code Gate never use "Worm". If you are a player trying to break through a Code Gate but does not have the "Battery Ram" unlocked, use "Blaster" + "2 Beams". If using that combination and your node is about to be taken over, quickly take out 1 beam and replace with an "ICE-WALL".

As for a tip upgrade your Beams and ICE-WALL. Worms will fall off later in the higher levels because the "kraken" gets unlocked. Use a combination of Beams and ICE-WALL to brute force attack to the core.

infiliator27

Re: Program Composition for attacking

Postby infiliator27 » Fri Oct 07, 2016 1:24 am

On the bit coin part, i used 1 worm 2 blasters 9 ice wall and the rest beam. I only started on 1 connection left or right, you choose then used 1 beam and 1 ice wall+ worm for the turret. Then 1 blaster+worm on the code gate. The worm will eventually spreads and will reach the other part. Be sure to use ice wall only when necessary you will be needing it later. After you reach the other code gate use the blaster again and after you reak it use icewall and 1 beam so the worm can spread..