Breaking a choke point

Various ways of using programs during hacks
TheMatrixHasYou

Re: Breaking a choke point

Postby TheMatrixHasYou » Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:14 pm

I am still a noob, and learning, but here are some of my strategies that work with varying degrees of success.

If I am conserving Ice Walls and I need more slots for beams (I don't use Shurikens often) then I shocker, protector, 2 beams.

If the defender has a higher level anti-virus that will knock my protector down with their other defenses, then I Ice wall, protector, blaster, and keep the ice wall on until one node is down, then when it goes away I replace with a beam.

If time is not low, or I made the mistake of no shockers, then I Ice Wall, protector, blaster, and beam when the Ice Wall goes down.

Alfatrion

Postby Alfatrion » Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:38 am

How do you deal with maelstrom?

Hell_Diguner

Postby Hell_Diguner » Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:11 pm

Gravemind wrote:someone of your stature
You're embarrassing me. There are plenty of people whom I hold in higher regard than myself. They just don't post on the forums any more.
Gravemind wrote:Choke Points?
Alfatrion wrote:Maelstrom?
I edited my second post on the first page, give it a read.
Hell_Diguner - C12L34, Had C12L29 (world record), will eventually be Shuriken main
DiaboliExMachina - C10L32, Worms+Maniac main
CaptainDavyJones - C12L39, Beams main, will eventually be Kraken main

Alfatrion

Postby Alfatrion » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:09 pm

The last sentence is unclear to me (around "Protector Main"), but other than that it is a good post!

What would your recommendation be for upgrading ice wall, protector and shocker?