Stealth Attacks

Various ways of using programs during hacks
Hackercritic

Re: Stealth Attacks

Postby Hackercritic » Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:46 am

Gh0zt wrote:Guys I'm confused here. So if we only attack people with stealth mode and leave when we looted their resources without raising their alarm, do we always losing our reputation?

If you are able to steal all their resources, which is one of the requirements of a successful hack, you will gain reputation.

Gh0zt

Postby Gh0zt » Sun Nov 20, 2016 3:27 am

Hackercritic wrote:
Gh0zt wrote:Guys I'm confused here. So if we only attack people with stealth mode and leave when we looted their resources without raising their alarm, do we always losing our reputation?

If you are able to steal all their resources, which is one of the requirements of a successful hack, you will gain reputation.

Oh I see, thanks my friend!

Hell_Diguner

Postby Hell_Diguner » Tue Dec 27, 2016 4:49 am

If you Wraith a Scanner, will that scanner no longer apply a multiplier to nearby stealth activity?
Hell_Diguner - C12L34, Had C12L29 (world record), soon to be a Shuriken main
DiaboliExMachina - C10L28, Maniac+Worms main
CaptainDavyJones - C9L21, Kraken main

TiKi

Postby TiKi » Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:08 pm

Disabling any node disables it!!

Duffman123

Postby Duffman123 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:07 am

I love stealth hacks, they are pretty good for a alternative way to hack, but, you need to be quick as light, because on stealth mode, you don't have seconds, instead, you have a "visibility bar" where, it needs to fill to detect you and the network starts defending, also, the amount of "time" you have is 3 min. ( 20 visibility per second, because the network has that automatic stealth detection and getting a total of 3600 visibility to detect you) for example: a level 1 Access takes 1 second for install, and has a visibility of 162 per second, so: 162 + 20 = 182 visibility for installing a single Access, but, everything changes when you installed the Access near a Scanner( that freaking node ) because, the scanner makes you to be more detectable, in a more faster way, a level 1 scanner has 120% sensitivity, and a single Access installing in a node near a scanner (max. 3 nodes away from the scanner) meaning that the scanner will add the 20% of the total Access visibility, leading to this: 162/100 * 20 = 32 (this is how I calculate percentage) and by that: 162 + 32 + 20 = 216 total visibility, or in more extreme cases: a scanner level 21 deals a sensitivity of 520% and by that: 162/100 * 420 = 680, and: 162 + 680 + 20 = 862 total visibility, to much for a single level 1 Access but with a Level 21 is this: 42/100 * 420 = 176, and: 42 + 176 + 20 = 238, still very much but, worth it... I know, I have a LOT of free time, this is why I didn't bother doing this :lol:

Anyway, stealth hacking is pretty mind cracking by the fact that you need to be as fast as possible, also, you need to plan a attack before stealth-hacking, for this, calculate the nuumber of nodes that are between the node(s) that you want to hack or get its resources and the nearest NetConnection, and by doing this, count the amount of lines that are between these two factors, example: NetConnection > Compiler > Sentry > ( Turret / Turret ) > Core [ I don't know if I explained good but, the first node ( left > right ) is the left node in relation from the last node and the second one, is the right node ] OK, so, in this case, we need 4 access and around 3 data leeches... Please tell me this managed to help you out :(

And finally, I recommend you to develop either the wraith or if you have enough B-coins, develop a level 2 Access
( 156 visibility per second ) before you reach players around level 15 - 20, because here is where the code gates appear more frequently and the scanners are more much leveled ( i.e. my scanner is level 5, with a 160% sensitivity and is upgrading to level 6, 180% sensitivity ) and you will need the wraith, otherwise, you may not be able to bypass a network security... I hope this served for something :lol: :(

All of this info was get from: http://hackersthegame.wikia.com/wiki/Hackers_Wikia
And by me ( the mathematics and calculations were made by me ) again, hope this was useful!!
Ice Bear Was Here...
Hackers Nick - Duffman123
Reputation - 400/450
GG!

Duffman123

Postby Duffman123 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:10 am

Hell_Diguner wrote:If you Wraith a Scanner, will that scanner no longer apply a multiplier to nearby stealth activity?

Of course, wraith disables ANYTHING but don't thing that wraithing the core means that the 20 visibility per second won't be applied, that is a natural stealth detection for every network ;)
Ice Bear Was Here...
Hackers Nick - Duffman123
Reputation - 400/450
GG!

Neur0c1d3

Postby Neur0c1d3 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:40 am

I mostly only use this to disable gates and sentries. Allowing efficient attacks with other programs.

But, I do from time to time raid for resources (bcoins) so i can rebuild my programs when I click evolve program. Because I'm not going to sit around with 95% of an upgrade... A few access and leech and I'm back on track looking for $ to upgrade my scanner.

Taiwei

Postby Taiwei » Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:03 am

Neur0c1d3 wrote:I mostly only use this to disable gates and sentries. Allowing efficient attacks with other programs.

But, I do from time to time raid for resources (bcoins) so i can rebuild my programs when I click evolve program. Because I'm not going to sit around with 95% of an upgrade... A few access and leech and I'm back on track looking for $ to upgrade my scanner.

Same, raiding resources, but I don't have enough level data leech so the visibility bar runs low and I have to leave, that also means I will fail the hack, lost all my rep that way... Btw this guy wraiths my upgrading sentry?? What was that for?
[Insert uncreative signature here]

Actually, you can join our discord, where questions will be answered with 24hours, here is the join link for you:

www.discord.me/hackersmobile

Neur0c1d3

Postby Neur0c1d3 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:57 am

Taiwei wrote:
Neur0c1d3 wrote:I mostly only use this to disable gates and sentries. Allowing efficient attacks with other programs.

Same, raiding resources, but I don't have enough level data leech so the visibility bar runs low and I have to leave, that also means I will fail the hack, lost all my rep that way... Btw this guy wraiths my upgrading sentry?? What was that for?

I rarely go for deep resources. And you always lose rep on a raid.

Maybe to move the attack priority of the sentry down?

Taiwei

Postby Taiwei » Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:46 pm

Neur0c1d3 wrote:
Taiwei wrote:

I rarely go for deep resources. And you always lose rep on a raid.

Maybe to move the attack priority of the sentry down?

Unless you raid all their cash, then you will get rep. Or if you download core.
[Insert uncreative signature here]

Actually, you can join our discord, where questions will be answered with 24hours, here is the join link for you:

www.discord.me/hackersmobile