Stealth Attacks

Various ways of using programs during hacks
Kenny

Re: Stealth Attacks

Postby Kenny » Mon Oct 10, 2016 4:45 pm

before last update was possible build really unbreakable network.

but when turrets start atack with 0.5s it's not possible

Gream

Postby Gream » Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:43 pm

Kenny wrote:before last update was possible build really unbreakable network.

but when turrets start atack with 0.5s it's not possible

-------OT-------
Are you refering to "lvl 1 Scanner" type of defense? It was more difficult, but not impossible 8-)
Please PM if you disagree... I don't want to start some [cyber :) ] flame war here...
-------OT-------
Gream,
hacker lvl 77+

theintelligentboy

Postby theintelligentboy » Tue Oct 11, 2016 7:53 am

Gream wrote:
theintelligentboy wrote:That's a good idea. But then pro hackers would be unbreakable, as they would test the Network until its sustainable, costing just 50 bucks.

Probably current system is not that bad. :)

In my opinion, there is nothing like "unbreakable" network... For every kind of defense, attacker (on similar level) can always compile such library to break through the defense.

Apart from that, waiting for "how long my newly rebuild network will survive against attackers" is a part of fun. ;)

I admit that every Network hackable, somehow. But isn't it exciting to get hacked and trace how the hacker ruined my defenses? :lol: That would gather much more attacking strategies.

Shatta

Postby Shatta » Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:00 pm

Hi guys I'm level 17 and my campaign missions wants me to download the core in stealth, I'm not sure how stealth works... if I use say access, and then beam cannon at the same time will it detect me? Or does access make it a stealth beam? Lol please can someone explain how it works

Luminaar

Postby Luminaar » Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:17 pm

Shatta wrote:Hi guys I'm level 17 and my campaign missions wants me to download the core in stealth, I'm not sure how stealth works... if I use say access, and then beam cannon at the same time will it detect me? Or does access make it a stealth beam? Lol please can someone explain how it works
There are only a few types of programs you can use undetected in a Stealth attack. More info can be found here: http://hackersthegame.wikia.com/wiki/Stealth
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that can read binary, and those that cant.

Cha4rv4k4

Postby Cha4rv4k4 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 1:08 pm

I just started using Stealth attacks. I agree with anyone who is using Stealth attacks with just access to loot resources. It is a very fun way to get stuff.
I realised one thing though, the amount by which visibility increases is different depending on which node is being attacked.
For example, I found the code gate node while being accessed with access gives a higher boost in visibility as compared to even the sentry node. I am upgrading my access and leech tools to make them more silent but is there any other way around it ?
Even server farms give a higher boost to visibility as compared to let's say the bitcoin mine.
Any thoughts ?
C

xiya

Postby xiya » Fri Oct 21, 2016 7:09 pm

Cha4rv4k4 wrote:I just started using Stealth attacks. I agree with anyone who is using Stealth attacks with just access to loot resources. It is a very fun way to get stuff.
I realised one thing though, the amount by which visibility increases is different depending on which node is being attacked.
For example, I found the code gate node while being accessed with access gives a higher boost in visibility as compared to even the sentry node. I am upgrading my access and leech tools to make them more silent but is there any other way around it ?
Even server farms give a higher boost to visibility as compared to let's say the bitcoin mine.
Any thoughts ?
C

The cost is based on the install time; Access takes 1 second to install on every node except the Code Gate. The CG has a stat called 'Filter' which slows down install times when it's being stealth hacked (unless you're using Wraith). Therefore, you'll also end up spending the visibility cost for longer, which results in a greater cost. However, the server farm shouldn't increase it more than any other node.

ofca

Postby ofca » Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:49 am

Quick question:

If I use stealth hack to leech out their b-coin mixer, and disconnect before the visibility bar gets full, can they retrace me?

Kelvin

Postby Kelvin » Tue Oct 25, 2016 4:09 am

ofca wrote:Quick question:

If I use stealth hack to leech out their b-coin mixer, and disconnect before the visibility bar gets full, can they retrace me?

Quick answer:

no

Gh0zt

Postby Gh0zt » Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:22 am

Guys I'm confused here. So if we only attack people with stealth mode and leave when we looted their resources without raising their alarm, do we always losing our reputation?