Stealth Attacks

Various ways of using programs during hacks
Trickster
Site Admin

Re: Stealth Attacks

Postby Trickster » Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:20 pm

There was a bug that swapped visibility of Wraith and Portal. It is fixed in actual version. Plus visibilities of all stealth programs were raised up by 10%.

Fantöm

Postby Fantöm » Sun Jun 19, 2016 5:06 am

Trickster wrote:There was a bug that swapped visibility of Wraith and Portal. It is fixed in actual version. Plus visibilities of all stealth programs were raised up by 10%.

Is it a visual bug or not? Because I once used a Wraith (Scanner was deactivated) and instead of costing 110, it cost me over 270.
Away until (at least end June but maybe) mid July, so hack me :D and leave a message :)
EDIT : I am actually leaving this Beta, good luck for the devs and have fun hacking!

Trickster
Site Admin

Postby Trickster » Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:22 am

Fantöm wrote:Is it a visual bug or not? Because I once used a Wraith (Scanner was deactivated) and instead of costing 110, it cost me over 270.

We changed visibility of all staealth programs from total visibility to per second visibility. It was confusing when Data leeches had it per second, the network counts it per second, access installs in a second etc.

If scanner was deactivated I guess it cost you 220 (2s * 110).

Aladeen

Postby Aladeen » Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:36 am

Trickster wrote:
Fantöm wrote:Is it a visual bug or not? Because I once used a Wraith (Scanner was deactivated) and instead of costing 110, it cost me over 270.

We changed visibility of all staealth programs from total visibility to per second visibility. It was confusing when Data leeches had it per second, the network counts it per second, access installs in a second etc.

If scanner was deactivated I guess it cost you 220 (2s * 110).

Well done, this is much better......
Aladeen,
beta hacker lvl 30+

Fantöm

Postby Fantöm » Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:42 am

Trickster wrote:If scanner was deactivated I guess it cost you 220 (2s * 110).

Isn't it supposed to be 55/s ? I'm confused.
Away until (at least end June but maybe) mid July, so hack me :D and leave a message :)
EDIT : I am actually leaving this Beta, good luck for the devs and have fun hacking!

Trickster
Site Admin

Postby Trickster » Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:51 am

Fantöm wrote:

That was the old system. The new one shows all programs visibility per second. But I understand it maight be confusing because as I mentioned somewhere else, there was a bug swapping numbers for Wraith and Portal.

All in all this new system is more transparent and coherent and the numbers are finally as designed.

Fantöm

Postby Fantöm » Sun Jun 19, 2016 11:21 am

Trickster wrote:
Fantöm wrote:

That was the old system. The new one shows all programs visibility per second. But I understand it maight be confusing because as I mentioned somewhere else, there was a bug swapping numbers for Wraith and Portal.

All in all this new system is more transparent and coherent and the numbers are finally as designed.

Gotcha! Thanks :)

catmantj

Postby catmantj » Tue Sep 27, 2016 2:18 am

Sorry this may be the wrong sections , please can you add a way to test designs maybe you have to pay like 50$ and you can test without using your database hacks. please add this as it would really help to make layouts better thank you.

theintelligentboy

Postby theintelligentboy » Thu Sep 29, 2016 11:52 pm

catmantj wrote:Sorry this may be the wrong sections , please can you add a way to test designs maybe you have to pay like 50$ and you can test without using your database hacks. please add this as it would really help to make layouts better thank you.

That's a good idea. But then pro hackers would be unbreakable, as they would test the Network until its sustainable, costing just 50 bucks.

Probably current system is not that bad. :)

Gream

Postby Gream » Mon Oct 10, 2016 4:32 pm

theintelligentboy wrote:That's a good idea. But then pro hackers would be unbreakable, as they would test the Network until its sustainable, costing just 50 bucks.

Probably current system is not that bad. :)

In my opinion, there is nothing like "unbreakable" network... For every kind of defense, attacker (on similar level) can always compile such library to break through the defense.

Apart from that, waiting for "how long my newly rebuild network will survive against attackers" is a part of fun. ;)
Gream,
hacker lvl 77+