Stealth Attacks

Various ways of using programs during hacks
Trickster
Site Admin

Re: Stealth Attacks

Postby Trickster » Mon May 09, 2016 9:00 pm

Fantöm wrote:So it means that you don't get to stop completely the Visibility bar?

As you say, it can not be stopped.

~Ghost~

Postby ~Ghost~ » Tue May 10, 2016 1:13 pm

I have't tried stealth attacks. I haven't developed them yet. Since my brute force power is fine enough to beat guys who is quite same of my level and somewhat higher. Once I try the stealth, I will let ya know which one I prefer. :D
I believe one might have to use brute attacks anyway, right, to conquer all the nodes. Right guys?

Fantöm

Postby Fantöm » Tue May 10, 2016 9:08 pm

Actually, no :)
You can conquer all the network with 9 or 10 Access Hacks if you're lucky! Let me know if you enjoy it, I can't stop now, even if I lose many Hacking points (?), I still get tons of ressources.
Away until (at least end June but maybe) mid July, so hack me :D and leave a message :)
EDIT : I am actually leaving this Beta, good luck for the devs and have fun hacking!

Gream

Postby Gream » Sun May 15, 2016 10:23 pm

I see Stealth as a crucial part of hacking on higher levels... the succes depend heavily on levels of Attackers Stealh programs vs level of defender Scanner(s).

I'm using Stealh mode to take down most dengerous part of defense - usually Sentry or CodeGate. Using several Access programs to get access to Sentry / CodeGate / whatever node and then take it down with Wraith program. When the level of defending Scanner is low, you can take down two or even three nodes. Probably best combo is use two Wraiths and one portal - if you success, you are basically starting the hack in the middle of network and you can finish it easily with Beamers and Worms.

This tactic cost a lot of b-coins, but also significantly reduce the hacking time as the main hacking timer is started after the stealth-mode.
Gream,
hacker lvl 77+

maerg

Postby maerg » Sun May 15, 2016 11:16 pm

Just tried to use Stealh agains CodeGates ... quick and effective. See here:

youtu.be/qbZ5CjFP73I

Rest of hack was than quite easy. Notice the usage of one Beamer on the right - it works very well for "luring" defensive nodes. In the end, I was just enjoying spreading of Worms :)

Kenny

Postby Kenny » Fri Jun 03, 2016 6:41 pm

And what is the best defence against steath hack?
Last edited by Kenny on Fri Jun 03, 2016 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kenny

Postby Kenny » Fri Jun 03, 2016 6:46 pm

stealth hacking is fun. You can disable funcionaly of node witj wraith, ....

But how to secure network before stealth hacking?

Fantöm

Postby Fantöm » Fri Jun 03, 2016 6:58 pm

Hey there :)
It depends. If the Stealthy attack is directed towards destroying the CodeGate, you can't really do much.

When I hack a network, my top priority is to take down the network's Sentries, so no antivirus is going around.

I have some trouble to beat networks which have many Sentries, well protected with some strong CodeGate, as well as really HL Scanners, but the worst case is when the Sentries are really far in the network.

Have a look at this video I made this morning :

youtu.be/DemNnIDEcRg

In the video, the only Sentry was 7 nodes away, and only 1 CodeGate was in the way : it wasn't that troublesome.
But attacking Theill or other hackers who have their Sentries far away (the ones where you need 9 Access to get to them), it's pretty hard to hack the network (using Stealth as your primary hack).

Another thing you can do is spreading the device you think is hacked. To explain that, I just use the Sentry example. If you have a base that looks like a tree, try to spread your Sentries, so that the opponent doesn't only need 9 Access to get to them.

If your have the common base type (Entrance - CodeGate - Bunch of Turrets/B.I/Sentry - CodeGate- Ressources and Core) then try to move that bunch of defenses the furthest you can.

Also remember to use the Scanner(s) in efficient ways, so the area they cover is widely spread.
Away until (at least end June but maybe) mid July, so hack me :D and leave a message :)
EDIT : I am actually leaving this Beta, good luck for the devs and have fun hacking!

Kenny

Postby Kenny » Fri Jun 03, 2016 8:36 pm

i dont care about core. if you have core at and of network you can go all thru with krakens, which are very powerfull.
if you will see me on map you can try stealth on my network.

I will try record video with kraken usage.

Fantöm

Postby Fantöm » Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:17 pm

I up this subject to ask the devs the following question: Is it a bug that my Access is at 150/s since it's a level 3 program and before the update at level 1 it was 150/s, or did you change that within the update?
The portal received a huge buff (at level 1, it was 120/s and now it's "only" 55/s) : is it under-used?