Various ways of using programs during hacks
dooshbag

Re: Stealth Attacks

Postby dooshbag » Mon May 01, 2017 1:05 am

i only go for cash cause im aiming to drop rep

Hackerz101

Postby Hackerz101 » Sat May 06, 2017 9:36 pm

Well if your aiming to lower your rep attack higher level players that's the best way because higher levels will almost always attack lower levels if they have more money or large amounts of B coins or money too

Crack69

Postby Crack69 » Sun May 07, 2017 11:10 am

Ain't it better to attack low lvl people? Less likely to hack you back and you can just waste a beam then end hack for 10-15 rep drop
Note:
Malicious hacking is called Cracking
Malicious hackers are called Crackers 8-) 8-)
Lvl: 43
Core: 12
Rep<100
Main offense: shuriken
Gate buster: blaster
Smurf: Crack69_
Join us on discord for tips and tricks: https://discord.me/hackersmobile

dooshbag

Postby dooshbag » Tue May 09, 2017 4:42 am

access by itself is useless but with data leeches can be used for downloading the core
access/wraith combo is for disabling defenses before you brute force making your job easier
access/portal get into the base and start your brute force attack from where you place your portal
access/wraith/portal (the one i use) disable code gates(sentry if i can) then portal in the middle of the defenses and hack the base from there

Anan

Postby Anan » Sat May 27, 2017 4:58 pm

This thread is gold.. Here I've got more question.. Anyone know how to calculate "Sensitivity" ?? I don't understand this.. I'm curently on C7, Core stealth detection is 20/s,, Scanner sesitivity is 160% .. I'm already read the rest of the thread.. But I'm not quite understand it.. :cry:

You know that feeling when you placing 3 beam cannons that's barely enough to breach another node?? You felt that 'edge' sensation right??
That 'edge' is almost impossible to felt on stealth attack.. Please, lighten me :roll: I'm trying to counter this wraith portaling strategy.. And play the same strategy of course.. but it's not working properly :cry:

Or the solution is just keep upgrading my scanner?? I'm working on that tho :roll:
In game name : Anan
C7
Lv. 25
Noob who's love attacking :lol:
Please say hi to me if we've been met before :D

PerseVerAnce

Postby PerseVerAnce » Sat May 27, 2017 10:07 pm

The Stealth Phase begins immediately upon your first Access being placed.
During the stealth phase, you have a visibility bar that starts at 0 and maxes out at 3600.
When the visibility bar maxes out at 3600, the Stealth Phase ends immediately and the Brute Force Phase begins. When this happens, all stealth programs are immediately deleted (but their effects remain if they were installed successfully).

You passively gain 20 Visibility per second. There is no way to increase, decrease, or stop this. So add this at the end of your calculation.

Every stealth program has a Visibility per second stat.
This tells you how much visibility you will gain every second while the program is installing.
Since this stat is in visibility per second, you need to multiply it by the installation time to calculate how much visibility you'll gain in total.
For example:
Level 1 Wraith = 135 visibility / second
However, the installation time is 2 seconds.
Therefore, Wraith gives 135 * 2 = 270 visibility in total.

Scanners have a sensitivity stat.
This sensitivity stat is a multiplier on top of a stealth program's visibility per second stat.
For example:
Level 1 Wraith = 135 visibility / second
Level 1 Scanner = 120% Sensitivity
Therefore, Wraith will actually give 135 * 120% = 162 visibility / second while it is installing.
Or in other words, 162 * 2 = 324 visibility in total.

However, Scanners have a range of 3. This means that only stealth programs installed within 3 connections of a Scanner will receive this multiplier. If there are multiple Scanners in range, then the scanner with the highest sensitivity is applied. Sensitivity do not stack.

Now, Code Gates increases the installation time of Access. The formula is newInstallationTime = installationTime / (1 - filter).
For example:
Access installation time = 1 second.
Level 1 Code Gate filter = 75%.
Therefore, Access will take 1 / (1 - 0.75) = 4 seconds to install on a level 1 code gate.

So as you can see, Code Gates are an excellent defense against Stealth already. But wait, there's more! This is where the Scanner comes in. If the Scanner is in range of the Code Gate, that means you are applying the multiplier for the entire 4 second, as opposed to only 1 second! So this is why Code Gate + Scanner is an excellent choice of defense against Stealth attacks.

However, Wraith will always take 2 seconds to install on a Code Gate regardless of the Code Gate filter. Once a Wraith has been successfully installed on a Code Gate, it disables the filter, so Access will take 1 second to install again. So the logical conclusion is that you should always Wraith the Code Gate first before installing Access on it. Nevertheless, it forces them to use a Wraith when they otherwise wouldn't, so you can use this to your advantage.

One small thing, the only program that behaves slightly different is the Data Leech. The Data Leech is technically also considered "installing" while it is downloading. So it's installation time is technically however long it takes to download the Database/Server Farm/B-Coin Mixer/B-Coin Mine/Core in addition to the 1 second.
Level 61
Highest Rank Achieved: Elite
Youtube https://www.youtube.com/c/PerseVerAncee

Hell_Diguner

Postby Hell_Diguner » Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:29 am

PerseVerAnce wrote:However, Wraith will always take 2 seconds to install on a Code Gate regardless of the Code Gate filter. Once a Wraith has been successfully installed on a Code Gate, it disables the filter, so Access will take 1 second to install again. So the logical conclusion is that you should always Wraith the Code Gate first before installing Access on it. Nevertheless, it forces them to use a Wraith when they otherwise wouldn't, so you can use this to your advantage.

Note that at certain extremes (Access 21, Wraith 1, Code Gate 1) if you run the math, you'll find Accessing a Code Gate directly will generate less visibility than Wraithing a Gate before using Access. In practice, I don't know anyone who upgraded Access, but not Wraith.
Hell_Diguner - C12L34, Had C12L29 (world record), soon to be a Shuriken main
DiaboliExMachina - C10L28, Maniac+Worms main
CaptainDavyJones - C9L21, Kraken main

SkyPort

Postby SkyPort » Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:36 pm

Trickster wrote:We did some tweaks to that today. You may try it now and let us know how it feels to play stealth.

please check this post:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1628&p=11580#p11580