Hacking 2 Code Gates

Various ways of using programs during hacks
miszu

Hacking 2 Code Gates

Postby miszu » Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:28 pm

Hi all,

I am a level 15 player and I am in a point where most of my potential victims have 2 code gates. Currently the programs I have unlocked are (Beam lvl 3, shuriken lvl 2, ice wall lvl 3, blaster, protector, data leech lvl 2 and worms lvl 2). What would be the best way to deal with the 2 code gates? I was thinking using 2 blaster for each code gate (so a total of 4) but that seems expensive and usually I am out of time to hack all the network or I do not have enough beam or shuriken to complete it. My disk space is of 80.

Alfatrion

Re: Hacking 2 Code Gates

Postby Alfatrion » Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:53 pm

I usually use two blasters, but one will work to. If the timing is correct, then one node is disabled and this could save you a protector. My ice-walls are cheap because I have not upgrade them jet.

TheLurkingRage

Postby TheLurkingRage » Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:32 am

Well I would much rather use Battering Rams, since they're faster for bringing down Code Gates.
DEATH TO SMURFS! >:)

TheLurkingRage
Top Rank: #1 for nearly 2 months
Top Rep: 4.9k
Smurfed/minmaxed/exploited shield to reach top: Nope
Player since: Mid January
YouTube:http://www.youtube.com/user/TheLurkingRage

Alfatrion

Postby Alfatrion » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:30 pm

A level 21 code gate has an filter of 95%, a firewall of 2020, regenerates 40 per second and code strength of 6800. The filter makes the firewall effectively 40400, until the filter is removed. A blaster needs to overcome the effective firewall of 40400 and the battering ram only attacks the code strength.

Two level 21 blaster takes 38 seconds to take down a level 21 code gate. A level 21 blaster does 2362.5 damage per hit, therefore 9 hits are required to take down the code gate. A blaster installs in 5 second, the first hit lands 3 seconds after that and every 3.5 second another hit lands on the code gate. A blaster freezes the node for 2 second, so waiting 2 seconds will stop the regeneration completely. (5 + 3 + 2 + 3.5*8 = 38)

Two level 21 battering ram takes 24 second to remove the filter of a level 21 code gate. A level 21 battering ram does 3377.5 damage per hit and 140 is restored before the next hit, therefore 3 hits are required to the remove the filter. A battering ram installs in 2 second, the first hit lands 1 seconds after that and every 3.5 second another hit lands on the code gate. (2 + 1 + 3.5*3 = 13.5) You still need to take down the gate.

Two level 21 shuriken can take down a node with a firewall of 2020 in 14 seconds. A level 21 shuriken does 157 damage per hit and 60 of those are restored before the next hit, therefore 8 hits are required. A shuriken installs in 1 second, the first hit lands 1.5 second after that and every 1 second another hit lands on the code gate. (1 + 1 + 1.5*8 = 14). This gives a total of 27.5 seconds.

Results can vary depending on the choices you make.

Estimated time with battering ram + shurikens vs Code Gate
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B674k ... l9NbGloTkU

Estimated time with blasters vs Code Gate
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B674k ... mNtTzZhblU

Hell_Diguner

Postby Hell_Diguner » Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:02 am

http://hackersthegame.wikia.com/wiki/Code_Gate

At low levels you can just use Blasters. When you unlock Kraken, Wraith, and Battering Rams, they're also viable options. So is just using over-leveled Beam Cannons or Shurikens (as in you're using level 10 Beam Cannons / Shurikens when everybody else at your level seems to use level 5 or 6).

You'll need to keep upgrading your gate-breaking program as you face stronger Gates. Against level 21 gates, Battering Ram and Wraith scale better than trying to use brute force. However, wraithing gates is less viable, since it's hard to keep your stealth programs upgraded enough to actually reach Gates deep in an opponent's network.
Hell_Diguner - C12L34, Had C12L29 (world record), soon to be a Shuriken main
DiaboliExMachina - C10L28, Maniac+Worms main
CaptainDavyJones - C10L27, Beams main, will eventually be Kraken main

Darkness

Postby Darkness » Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:29 am

miszu wrote:Hi all,

I am a level 15 player and I am in a point where most of my potential victims have 2 code gates. Currently the programs I have unlocked are (Beam lvl 3, shuriken lvl 2, ice wall lvl 3, blaster, protector, data leech lvl 2 and worms lvl 2). What would be the best way to deal with the 2 code gates? I was thinking using 2 blaster for each code gate (so a total of 4) but that seems expensive and usually I am out of time to hack all the network or I do not have enough beam or shuriken to complete it. My disk space is of 80.

My recommendations to beat 2 Code gates are :

Wraith (if you're able to unlock it at 16 lv+) ---> 2 x Blaster / 1 Ram for each (Blaster will also able to deal with Core)

--------------------------------------

If you run out of time is because your beam / shur is too weak, Boost either beam or shur (you have to give up one for another to become stronger).

I have same program space too. My program sets are

26-28 Beams (6 lv), 9-10 walls, 1 Protector (4 lv), 5 Blasters (4 for Code gates and 1 for Core)

With this set, you can hack almost all networks but not minmaxers base (as you can only deal with 1 choke for the protector you bring)
In game name : Darkness
Level : 36

Join us at Discord@Hackersmobile
https://discord.me/hackersmobile