Explanation of World Domination

Anything related to Hackers that doesn't fit in another forum
fozza

Explanation of World Domination

Postby fozza » Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:18 am

I can't seem to wrap my head around how the World Domination leader board works, can somebody please enlighten me? Thanks :D
Check out my website! http://fozzaco.com

QUROX

Re: Explanation of World Domination

Postby QUROX » Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:42 am

Hi Fozza,

As you no doubt know, at the start of the game you must select a country (this can later be changed). Obviously the world domination leader board revolves around this. At first appearance the score looks like the collective reputation points of all the players within each individual country, but when you delve a little deeper, you see this could not possibly be the case (as the top 50 players in my region have a far greater collective reputation score then my country's world domination 'Power Score').

I had a bit of a look into this and found it hard to find any information (which is no doubt what you started this thread for).

What I did manage to deduce from the in game description however, was that the Power score (What the world domination leader board is based on) is either a ratio of successful hacks to unsuccessful defences or it is just a running tally(ie: whenever a hack from a player within a given country is successful, a point is added to that country's power score and whenever someone successfully hacks a player within the same country, a point is deducted.)

The latter of these two possibilities is by far the most plausible (as the power scores vary to much to be a ratio) and therefore what I believe the system is.

Hope I could help out.

NOTE: This is only an educated guess, as the in game description is relatively vague.

fozza

Postby fozza » Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:04 am

QUROX wrote:Hi Fozza,

As you no doubt know, at the start of the game you must select a country (this can later be changed). Obviously the world domination leader board revolves around this. At first appearance the score looks like the collective reputation points of all the players within each individual country, but when you delve a little deeper, you see this could not possibly be the case (as the top 50 players in my region have a far greater collective reputation score then my country's world domination 'Power Score').

I had a bit of a look into this and found it hard to find any information (which is no doubt what you started this thread for).

What I did manage to deduce from the in game description however, was that the Power score (What the world domination leader board is based on) is either a ratio of successful hacks to unsuccessful defences or it is just a running tally(ie: whenever a hack from a player within a given country is successful, a point is added to that country's power score and whenever someone successfully hacks a player within the same country, a point is deducted.)

The latter of these two possibilities is by far the most plausible (as the power scores vary to much to be a ratio) and therefore what I believe the system is.

Hope I could help out.

NOTE: This is only an educated guess, as the in game description is relatively vague.

Thanks for that, that puts things more into perspective now.

QUROX

Postby QUROX » Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:49 am

You're welcome :) . Glad I could help.

Trickster
Site Admin

Postby Trickster » Sun Sep 25, 2016 3:23 pm

QUROX wrote:whenever a hack from a player within a given country is successful, a point is added to that country's power score and whenever someone successfully hacks a player within the same country, a point is deducted

:arrow: CONFIRMED
(+ with time portions of points are leaving the game)

fozza

Postby fozza » Sun Sep 25, 2016 4:12 pm

Trickster wrote:(+ with time portions of points are leaving the game)

Sorry I can't seem to understand what this bit means. :?

Trickster
Site Admin

Postby Trickster » Sun Sep 25, 2016 4:16 pm

fozza wrote:
Trickster wrote:(+ with time portions of points are leaving the game)

Sorry I can't seem to understand what this bit means. :?

That the points do not grow to infinity, they decay with time.

fozza

Postby fozza » Sun Sep 25, 2016 4:19 pm

Trickster wrote:That the points do not grow to infinity, they decay with time.

Ahhh okay, thanks :D