Should there be a way for players to Recalculate their Levels?

Anything related to Hackers that doesn't fit in another forum
User avatar
PerseVerAnce
Posts: 198
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:12 am
Contact:

Should there be a way for players to Recalculate their Levels?

Postby PerseVerAnce » Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:09 am

It seems to me that there are a good number of people who managed to get themselves stuck. Whether it's putting too much levels into farms, or upgrading the wrong programs.

Extra Credits https://youtu.be/S5camMoNw-o?t=2m05s say that in progression systems, there should always be a way for players backtrack if they're unhappy with what they've done so far.

Since Hackers is very much a progression system, should there be a way for players to get their levels recalculated based on what they actually have at the moment, as opposed to what they've built in the past? This should be optional, or maybe even cost credits.

This way, players can delete their farms and drop their levels if they feel that's what they want to do. Maybe even let them downgrade their programs too.

Anyone can think of any downsides to this?
Level 61
Rank: Veteran
Highest Rank Achieved: Elite
Youtube https://www.youtube.com/c/PerseVerAncee

Stricks
Posts: 61
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:05 am

Re: Should there be a way for players to Recalculate their Levels?

Postby Stricks » Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:19 am

Great idea, i totally agree and fell that it is more than needed. The ones of us who started playing and upgrade stuff we were not supposed should not be penalized forever on that. Beeing allowed to downgrade nodes and programs and recalculate levels is a must!
Specially because of how the game changed, to be fair the devs kinda changed the whole game when changing the search system, that made a new kind of exploit focused on low lvl and upgrading only few power nodes. That basically changed the game structure and punished the players who were building a strategy by the old rules. (And unfortunately, is not possible to adjust to the new strategy because you cant move back on lvl)
And it says me something, we adjusted to old rules and they changed. The new ones could also be changed in the future, if it is not possible to adjust our strategy as players to match the new rules(and any other major change the game will have in the future), most of us will at some point be frustrated and give up on the game.
I played for almost 6 months now, and im just realizing that i would progress much quicker if just delete the game and start another account from scratch as the things are now.
Im tended to do that, just didnt yet because im waiting a bit to see how the game will evolve since we will wait some weeks until realize the new rep system + search system change just create a new kind of exploit for a strategy that cant be mimic for already more higher lvls.

Just to clarify, i dont think the change is good or bad, it is just a change on the basic strategy of the game, and would be no problem at all if everyone could use the new top strategy, like everyone could use the previous one (lowering rep that mostly complained too)

Marhex
Posts: 59
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:06 am

Re: Should there be a way for players to Recalculate their Levels?

Postby Marhex » Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:50 am

It should be only in the server farm and bcoin mine, because if a high level player have Lvl 21 gate and Lvl 21 sentry then he delete everything else to drop level so the players in the range of his new level can't hack him.
IGN :marhex
Lvl :37
Core Lvl :10
Rank: ***********

Stricks
Posts: 61
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:05 am

Re: Should there be a way for players to Recalculate their Levels?

Postby Stricks » Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:44 pm

Marhex wrote:It should be only in the server farm and bcoin mine, because if a high level player have Lvl 21 gate and Lvl 21 sentry then he delete everything else to drop level so the players in the range of his new level can't hack him.

It is just about capping the downgrade, you should not be able to have sentry lvl 21 without the databases/core needed for it, but if it is possible to reach there with minimum nodes possible, should be possible to downgrade too

Vnasty
Posts: 361
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:50 pm

Re: Should there be a way for players to Recalculate their Levels?

Postby Vnasty » Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:55 pm

Idk, my farms are all lvl 21,'early game I thought... hey resources are important to advance in the game.

Put me into s higher lvl bracket and my defensive nodes are lagging so now I lose more to other players than I gain from maxed farms

I would upgrade programs I don't lose thinking hey we all gotta upgrade everything in the game at some point right? Might as well dump all my coin into programs so my opponent dosent take them from me... which thrust me into even higher lvls and now I don't even ever use data leech lvl 10... lol I had no idea how exp worked until the last update when I was like wow I got a quarter of a lvl upgrading two programs.


Unfortunately there were no guides or any real explanation to how this game worked 7 months ago, I still kinda play, occasionally when I get enough credits for a 7 day 9sec

But tbh unless things really change x since the search function was butchered and you can't grind upgrades like you use too.. me and alot of og players have moved on. This isn't my I quit post yet, but I see it coming

Recently have started playing and experimenting with other mobile game apps. Won't lie hackers was my first app I ever spent more than $200.. for an app but all good things come to an end. Good luck to the rest of you that hang in there hope you get an update.

Trickster your sitting on a gold mine and you don't even know it bro.

Happy Hacking gonna go spend the rest of my weekend playing a few other mobile apps that are well... fun

Mchief
Posts: 165
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2016 7:20 pm

Re: Should there be a way for players to Recalculate their Levels?

Postby Mchief » Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:59 am

I would settle for removing business node from the calculation entirely, you never hear of the great hack masters servers making money, you hear of hm breaking into the bank.

User avatar
PerseVerAnce
Posts: 198
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:12 am
Contact:

Re: Should there be a way for players to Recalculate their Levels?

Postby PerseVerAnce » Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:19 pm

Stricks wrote:
Marhex wrote:It should be only in the server farm and bcoin mine, because if a high level player have Lvl 21 gate and Lvl 21 sentry then he delete everything else to drop level so the players in the range of his new level can't hack him.

It is just about capping the downgrade, you should not be able to have sentry lvl 21 without the databases/core needed for it, but if it is possible to reach there with minimum nodes possible, should be possible to downgrade too


Indeed, I personally believe that if it is achievable through normal means, then it should also be achievable through downgrading.

However, I had a very interesting discussion with TheLurkingRage on YouTube about whether or not spending credits to upgrade programs is pay to win or not. You can find the full discussion here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqhnNoi ... 8298823785

This may be relevant whether or not they should also be allowed to downgrade their programs, or only their nodes.
Level 61
Rank: Veteran
Highest Rank Achieved: Elite
Youtube https://www.youtube.com/c/PerseVerAncee

Stricks
Posts: 61
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:05 am

Re: Should there be a way for players to Recalculate their Levels?

Postby Stricks » Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:50 am

PerseVerAnce wrote:
Stricks wrote:
Marhex wrote:It should be only in the server farm and bcoin mine, because if a high level player have Lvl 21 gate and Lvl 21 sentry then he delete everything else to drop level so the players in the range of his new level can't hack him.

It is just about capping the downgrade, you should not be able to have sentry lvl 21 without the databases/core needed for it, but if it is possible to reach there with minimum nodes possible, should be possible to downgrade too


Indeed, I personally believe that if it is achievable through normal means, then it should also be achievable through downgrading.

However, I had a very interesting discussion with TheLurkingRage on YouTube about whether or not spending credits to upgrade programs is pay to win or not. You can find the full discussion here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqhnNoi ... 8298823785

This may be relevant whether or not they should also be allowed to downgrade their programs, or only their nodes.


I tried, not a discussion its a video from a hack

happy days
Posts: 326
Joined: Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:10 am

Re: Should there be a way for players to Recalculate their Levels?

Postby happy days » Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:38 am

Thanks for u tube link

User avatar
PerseVerAnce
Posts: 198
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:12 am
Contact:

Re: Should there be a way for players to Recalculate their Levels?

Postby PerseVerAnce » Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:24 pm

Stricks wrote:
I tried, not a discussion its a video from a hack


It was supposed to link to a comment. Maybe I can copy it here later.
Level 61
Rank: Veteran
Highest Rank Achieved: Elite
Youtube https://www.youtube.com/c/PerseVerAncee


Return to “GENERAL DISCUSSION”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest