Potential Update Ideas (New Features)

Anything related to Hackers that doesn't fit in another forum
iSpy

Re: Potential Update Ideas

Postby iSpy » Tue Oct 11, 2016 2:32 pm

You're right, was trying to think outside the box only other idea i had was a structure similar to the shuriken program that can attack multiple nodes at a time, the problem with adding a new structure is that it can cause a disbalance at higher levels, which is why it may be simpler to lower the core lvl required for a fourth turret. After analysing statistics i believe higher levels defence is twice as efficient as lower lvls, so the orher option would be to bump up strength of certain defensive nodes if not all, at the lower levels to help bridge the gap.
Last edited by iSpy on Tue Oct 11, 2016 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Level: 29
Updated: 04/11/2016

shadowed

Postby shadowed » Thu Oct 13, 2016 1:59 pm

Secure savings. Perhaps for a portion (like HackEx) or in entirety like Hacker Experience, where if you cover your tracks well enough, you don't get robbed.

More money sinks. Currently you can easily generate more money than you can spend if you play at all, rather than simply waiting for construction cooldowns to finish (the purgatory I'm stuck in every day). This encourages not playing. Why store up 50x the money you need if you're just going to get it stolen? vHack XT has botnets to give a huge money sink. Still boring but at least it makes you want to play and hack, rather than upgrade 'n wait.

One possible money sink that would be a huge incentive: sell credits for large amounts of money. Example: 1c for $100,000. Or 1c for 5,000 bc. Something like that. That would have people playing and hacking all the time, even when waiting on insane build times. Stimulate the economy, basically.

Of course, part of the design is being logged off to be hacked, and IMO that should change either way.

Also, many of Jaystar's ideas here, in case they're not already listed here:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=56&start=80#p1158

Hardianz

Postby Hardianz » Fri Oct 14, 2016 4:56 pm

I think.. will became cool if we replace the "Clan" With "Org" or "Organization"

Lazorix

Postby Lazorix » Sat Oct 15, 2016 4:06 am

1. I think it would make sense to be able to get back a program that you accidentally placed if it hasn't finished installing yet.
2. It would be nice to 45 seconds to look at someones network.
-Lazorix

Echo1Echo2

Postby Echo1Echo2 » Sat Oct 15, 2016 6:46 pm

I just wanted to add this in the hope that any of the developers might see this.

Please don't be afraid to add new content that dramatically changes how the game is played in the early and later levels. Even if it means some people in the higher levels have a different experience than the new players.

Just, if you want to, continue adding new defense structures and hacking programs. Otherwise, I promise you the game will become boring and monotonous.

shadowed

Postby shadowed » Sun Oct 16, 2016 11:14 am

A notification when currency generators full up would be a nice simple addition.

Chase9170

Postby Chase9170 » Sun Oct 16, 2016 3:44 pm

Create a way that you can transfer your account from android to iOS devices

Ujnex

Postby Ujnex » Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:01 am

Builder mode to be more nimble at making networks with what you got instead of having to jump nodes from spot to other spot

M0ToR

Postby M0ToR » Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:04 am

Copying here what I posted in the shorter compilation times request thread, as I think it could make the game more playable:

Instead of/in addition to shorter compilation times I'd be glad if there were a way to compile and store several batches of hacks, i.e. if databases were x3/x4 bigger at their current levels. This way you would wait longer for full compilation, but then you would have three-four shots in a row. Makes game/real-life timing more balanced.
To avoid hacking power increase by having a bigger arsenal there could still be a limit on how many programs you can take with you for a hack, e.g. RAM = 80, HDD = 320, you compile to HDD, then load a subset to RAM and go hack.

Jaystar

Postby Jaystar » Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:51 am

M0ToR wrote:Copying here what I posted in the shorter compilation times request thread, as I think it could make the game more playable:

Instead of/in addition to shorter compilation times I'd be glad if there were a way to compile and store several batches of hacks, i.e. if databases were x3/x4 bigger at their current levels. This way you would wait longer for full compilation, but then you would have three-four shots in a row. Makes game/real-life timing more balanced.
To avoid hacking power increase by having a bigger arsenal there could still be a limit on how many programs you can take with you for a hack, e.g. RAM = 80, HDD = 320, you compile to HDD, then load a subset to RAM and go hack.

I really like this idea! It's brilliant. It's fair and it improves the gameplay without destroying the balance. So right now the library capacity is fair to tackle any network you desired in a single fight. But increasing the size of the "storage" capacity to 4 times the amount that you can compile and keep, makes the gameplay more flexible. Instead of 30 mins of waiting and play for 3, you can have 2 hours of waiting and play for 12 mins. This makes the game more enjoyable and playable.

To increase the capacity of the library, requires some other mechanics to work too. e.g. you need a staging area now to set the programs that you want to use in a single hack. Possibly have multiple hotkeys on what you want to bring without customising everysingle time.
IGN: Emperor.Jaystar
[C12] [LV60]
Current Occupation: Terminated Account