Potential Update Ideas (New Features)

Anything related to Hackers that doesn't fit in another forum
Luminaar

Re: Potential Update Ideas (New Features)

Postby Luminaar » Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:32 pm

Alfatrion wrote:I got the "Server under maintenance, please try again in a few minutes" message, while I was in the middle of an hack. Whenever possible, I would like delay of seven minutes, so that hacks in progress could be finished. No new attacks should be allowed during this delay.
Sorry about that!

For scheduled maintenance there is a timer in place already. For emergency maintenance however, which is usually something outside of our control (Google in this case,) we close the gates and backup accounts ASAP as a safety measure, to ensure players don't lose their entire networks.

While the problem hasn't been completely resolved, the servers seem stable and should be back up now. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that can read binary, and those that cant.

Alfatrion

Postby Alfatrion » Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:05 pm

Sometimes it is good to remember that this is just a game. Sometimes I actually believe I am really hacking people. ;)

STELS

Postby STELS » Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:28 am

Google translate: Hello. Many players have actually reached the limit of development. It would be nice to extend the bar levels of sites and programs, and add something new. It would be interesting if there were cooperative attacks (in the form of tournaments or attacks on the central network of the clan (if they are of course introduced (although the clans are superfluous in this game))). One big and strong network that several players storm at once. It would be interesting.

Cristhian Dias

Postby Cristhian Dias » Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:08 pm

This game could have Attacks Hackers in groups, for example to have some very difficult missions and to ask for help to other Hackers of their Country or their friends and to make an attack, some begins with Attack stealth and when to be perceived, begins the attack brute force, I think it would be cool
Another tip is to be able to test your own network, this would
good when I have other tips I put here :)
(sorry if you have any errors, I'm using a translator ;-;)

wattsjayb

Postby wattsjayb » Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:06 am

Interesting post! I'm really amazed to read such great information. Thank you so much for such an awesome post!

ShadowRz

Re: Potential Update Ideas

Postby ShadowRz » Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:27 pm

Jaystar wrote:It'll be rather nice to get attacked by AI. Random access by random hackers (system generated) that can only occur when you are playing. Almost procedurally generated attacks.

3) Gives you the option to hack them first before they hack you
4) If you don't counter hack, you will get hacked by the NPC. The NPC will attack your network.
5) If successful, you will lose resources like a normal player. The stolen resources will be added to the reward for retracing successful against NPC.
6) After NPC hack has finished, you can retrace them to steal resources and also get a reward for successful retrace.
7) Retrace is only available for 48 hours and it will disappear.

It would be nice tbh
Last edited by ShadowRz on Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Just your average tech guy 8-)

ShadowRz

Postby ShadowRz » Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:35 pm

iSpy wrote:You're right, was trying to think outside the box only other idea i had was a structure similar to the shuriken program that can attack multiple nodes at a time, the problem with adding a new structure is that it can cause a disbalance at higher levels, .

Well it's available at higher core levels because to suddenly add it in will give newer players an advantage.

ShadowRz

Postby ShadowRz » Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:43 pm

[quote="Barons"][quote="Jaystar"][quote="M0ToR"]Copying here what I posted in the shorter compilation times request thread, as I think it could make the game more playable:

Instead of/in addition to shorter compilation times I'd be glad if there were a way to compile and store several batches of hacks, i.e. if databases were x3/x4 bigger at their current levels. This way you would wait longer for full compilation, but then you would have three-four shots in a row. Makes game/real-life timing more balanced.
To avoid hacking power increase by having a bigger arsenal there could still be a limit on how many programs you can take with you for a hack, e.g. RAM = 80, HDD = 320, you compile to HDD, then load a subset to RAM and go hack.[/quote]

To increase the capacity of the library, requires some other mechanics to work too. e.g. you need a staging area now to set the programs that you want to use in a single hack. Possibly have multiple hotkeys on what you want to bring without customising everysingle time.[/quote]

In short just reduce the time it takes =D

[/quote]

I really like the idea of having a new node for ram in-game to store programs for a hack, it's more realistic since loading programs from HDD is longer than from RAM. You'll always need that quick loading in an intense hacking session

ShadowRz

Postby ShadowRz » Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:46 pm

xiya wrote:Different hack success criteria when doing a pure stealth hack. Usually there isn't time to go after the core and the resources you want if you're doing a quick stealth hack run - you just grab some resources and go, taking the loss. But generally both you and your victim know who really won. So maybe there could be different success criteria for when only stealth programs are used, like resource percentages taken. To counteract the speed that a pure stealth hack takes place at, the rating gain could be, say 0 for 1 goal achieved, 25% of normal for two, and 50% of normal for three.

Also if there was a node called the encryptor to increase the amount of time you could spend in a stealth hack (from 3600) would really make stealth more viable in higher levels.

ShadowRz

Postby ShadowRz » Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:54 pm

Kelvin wrote:How about adding a "access log"?
Something like
2016-10-25 00:00:00 xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx USA

Knowing how many ppl "watched" your network without giving a try would be fun :lol: :lol: :twisted:

Exactly :D