Potential Update Ideas (New Features)

Anything related to Hackers that doesn't fit in another forum
iblitxkreig

Re: Potential Update Ideas (New Features)

Postby iblitxkreig » Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:19 pm

I agree with PVA here, upgrading to higher level weakens your base. Staying low level keeps your base strong. So something does need to change about this.

Bunny

Postby Bunny » Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:20 am

Wanted to start new topic and find that someone think same as I do :D about "my idea" u guys said only basic of your ideas (if someone of u even think aabit bit more about it...) so I will start with basics too and its "just" PvP
Idea about guilds/clans/factions... what ever u want call flink of players, is gr8 and there could be add some big a*s network with multiple layers
Next, if u want to attack some player who is online, u cant because "admin monitoring their network" (or something like that...) well, what if they add option where is point to hack when other player is online? So that same player could defend his network or in case of flink multiple players trying to hack something while other grupe defend it.
Now question about "how to defend?", ez, just add some "anti-virus" programs who could be used for defending....
Ranking system could be changed, next what come is that game become more pvp and less.... "farming" ? There could be also npc misions where they ask for system protection (just idea) or not protection... :D also, more customizable viruses/ anti-virus .... more complex game! :D

Deadly Stream

Test your own network

Postby Deadly Stream » Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:24 pm

I couldn't see a request forum so thought I'd post here.
I'd like a feature where you can do a test hack of your own network with the programs you've developed so you can get an idea of its strengths and weaknesses.

Obviously this wouldn't loot your own resources or actually use the programs, just literally a test play through

TheLurkingRage

Re: Test your own network

Postby TheLurkingRage » Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:33 am

We've been wishing for this feature since the game launched and it's not being implemented yet - which leads us to believe it just won't ever happen.
#1 Veteran Hacker (not smurf or minmaxer)
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheLurkingRage

andara6

Test your own network

Postby andara6 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:36 pm

I think that would be rly good if I can test my own nettwork with programs that I want. So basically I will pick programs that will hack my own network and test it how far my network can resist and deffend.

2nd thing is that I can find base of my friend and test it wothout getting points or money and without him loosing money or coins.

If you like my ideas tump up.

scrougy

Postby scrougy » Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:09 am

the first is already on the list since near the start of the game, as i could gather, the second already possible, but needs facebook connection.

bloodstool

Postby bloodstool » Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:56 am

Hello. I'd like to be able to test my own network. I'd also like two or three topology slots that I can save/revert to. It would make it a more pleasant task redesigning my network.

Luminaar

Postby Luminaar » Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:16 pm

"Test your own Network" requests merged into Update Ideas.
TheLurkingRage wrote:We've been wishing for this feature since the game launched and it's not being implemented yet - which leads us to believe it just won't ever happen.
This idea does seem pretty unlikely to ever happen unfortunately. :( It certainly has been heard and considered however!

I've moved the threads here so I can still keep track of requests, but while I too personally like the idea of testing your own network, the team knows that some players would relentlessly abuse this feature :D This would result in even more unhackable networks ;)

(Maybe the feature could be limited to Network level 15 or less?)

For now, players can still look at replays of attacks and defences. If something doesn't work as expected, ask yourself - or other players - "why". There's usually a good reason :D
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that can read binary, and those that cant.

Sibernetika

Postby Sibernetika » Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:51 am

Luminaar wrote:"Test your own Network" requests merged into Update Ideas.
TheLurkingRage wrote:We've been wishing for this feature since the game launched and it's not being implemented yet - which leads us to believe it just won't ever happen.
This idea does seem pretty unlikely to ever happen unfortunately. :( It certainly has been heard and considered however!

I've moved the threads here so I can still keep track of requests, but while I too personally like the idea of testing your own network, the team knows that some players would relentlessly abuse this feature :D This would result in even more unhackable networks ;)

(Maybe the feature could be limited to Network level 15 or less?)

For now, players can still look at replays of attacks and defences. If something doesn't work as expected, ask yourself - or other players - "why". There's usually a good reason :D

How about making it a blackmarket option with a credit cost and weekly cool down
tH15 T3x7 i5 ju57 h3re 70 4NИ0y y0u :mrgreen:
01000001 01101110 01100100 00100000 01110011 01101111 00100000 01110111 01100001 01110011 00100000 01110100 01101000 01101001 01110011 00100000 00111011 00101001
send nudes

Luminaar

Postby Luminaar » Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:25 pm

Sibernetika wrote:How about making it a blackmarket option with a credit cost and weekly cool down
While the consideration of helping the team financially is appreciated, monetising an idea that they feel would cause more bad for the game than good wouldn't make it a more favourable idea in the eyes of the devs - they're not "that type" of people :P

I will add the details regarding it having a cooldown though, thanks :)
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that can read binary, and those that cant.