Potential Update Ideas (New Features)

Anything related to Hackers that doesn't fit in another forum
Secof

Re: Potential Update Ideas (New Features)

Postby Secof » Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:20 am

I just want to say that I have been following this post, which was started on this date:
Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:22 am, and may even have attributed to it, either this one or another similar post about update ideas...

It is now 2018 and still sitting with the same game that I originally fell in love with. As your client base we wanted to get involved in developing the game further and feel like we were completely stonewalled because of your unwavering belief in a product that worked. So why "fix what aint broken"? for of evolution...

And to point out one minor but huge flaw... the overpowered beam cannon (not only overpowered, but cheapest to upgrade to max level, shortest compile time and cheapest to "refill"), and the imbalance of the programs that are in existence and the complete lack of use, and need, of the Maniac, Worms, Blaster, Kraken, etc programs. No motivation, other than a pure desire to challenge oneself, is provided to upgrade and utilize any other programs as the cost, both bitcoin and time, is too high to keep replacing between hacks.

There has been some awesome ideas, granted... in MY personal opinion, such as defensive programs (When you are being hacked, other than AV), additional nodes, etc etc etc... which would have made the game SO much more interesting to play all the while being part of an evolving product and finding out what works and what doesn't.

Thanks for the game... but I am now (almost) bowing out and finishing at level 70, Secof, IP in South Africa, final decision heavily depending on a solid answer as to what kind of changes we can expect in the NEAR future.

Iriui

Postby Iriui » Thu May 17, 2018 10:13 pm

How about a way to test your network layout by yourself?

If you think about it, it would be a simple addition to the game, but really helpful, to be able to "hack" yourself to see it's flaws, and what exactly needs to improve, and you can do this on your own

TheLurkingRage

Postby TheLurkingRage » Fri May 18, 2018 2:21 am

Iriui wrote:How about a way to test your network layout by yourself?

This is among the oldest and most suggested features, but TA just doesn't want to add it in. An alternative would be to hack yourself with another account.

What I do is when I'm designing a network I'm imagining myself hacking it as I'm building it and then once I'm done and save the design I hop on my other account and hack it twice to see how it holds up. Once simulating how everybody else hacks, and once hacking it as I would. Being the designer I know its flaws so it helps to simulate how others would hack it because it helps me see what flaws are the most likely to be spotted by them and then I rearrange the network accordingly.
Last legitimate #1 ranked hacker.

TheLurkingRage A.K.A Azussa, RepRipper and more
Level: 95
Top Rep: 4.9k
Current Rep: 4.5k
Player since: January 2017
YouTube:http://www.youtube.com/user/TheLurkingRage

Iriui

Postby Iriui » Fri May 18, 2018 10:02 am

TheLurkingRage wrote:
Iriui wrote:How about a way to test your network layout by yourself?

This is among the oldest and most suggested features, but TA just doesn't want to add it in. An alternative would be to hack yourself with another account.

What I do is when I'm designing a network I'm imagining myself hacking it as I'm building it and then once I'm done and save the design I hop on my other account and hack it twice to see how it holds up. Once simulating how everybody else hacks, and once hacking it as I would. Being the designer I know its flaws so it helps to simulate how others would hack it because it helps me see what flaws are the most likely to be spotted by them and then I rearrange the network accordingly.

I understand, didn't know it was one of the oldest, Mmm... then how about a test ground? I mean, the idea is that you can sign up on this "forum/game mode" to create a network, then, others can hack that network to try it's security, like the npcs ask you to do, and the ones that hack successfully your network with the conditions you put(download core data, control all nodes, loot all resources) gains some kind of currency, whether it is B coins or $ or credits, or perhaps a brand new type of currency, just like some kind of compensation, you are not hacking yourself, but you're running a test on your network security, of course, you need to pay credits to sign up in the "forum" and you won't be able to enter again until X time pases, another thing that I considere easier, is a bounty sistem, it's the same thing, but you just pay credits to put a bounty on yourself, to persuade other in haking you, if someone fail, you get X currency, if they succeed, they get X currency, a risk/reward system, and again, you are testing your network security.

What? How to balance it? Idk... I'm just throuwing ideas haha

kicker_bf

Postby kicker_bf » Tue May 29, 2018 12:20 pm

I have not read all the ideas here to see if it was mentioned before, but how about a market place, like in real life? I want to sell Bitcoin for $ I search for a offer from another player or post my own offer and wait for someone to buy. I usually find myself having lots of Bitcoin and not so much $ or vice versa.

TheLurkingRage

Postby TheLurkingRage » Tue May 29, 2018 2:09 pm

kicker_bf wrote:I have not read all the ideas here to see if it was mentioned before, but how about a market place, like in real life? I want to sell Bitcoin for $ I search for a offer from another player or post my own offer and wait for someone to buy. I usually find myself having lots of Bitcoin and not so much $ or vice versa.

Yeah it's been suggested we could trade resources. Don't remember for sure what was TA's response, if any, regarding the trading of resources but it was a no I think... it was a long time ago by now. You can still trade with players by communicating and agreeing to a trade, that's been our work around since more than a year ago.
Last edited by TheLurkingRage on Tue May 29, 2018 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Last legitimate #1 ranked hacker.

TheLurkingRage A.K.A Azussa, RepRipper and more
Level: 95
Top Rep: 4.9k
Current Rep: 4.5k
Player since: January 2017
YouTube:http://www.youtube.com/user/TheLurkingRage

Luminaar

Postby Luminaar » Tue May 29, 2018 8:11 pm

kicker_bf wrote:I have not read all the ideas here to see if it was mentioned before, but how about a market place, like in real life? I want to sell Bitcoin for $ I search for a offer from another player or post my own offer and wait for someone to buy. I usually find myself having lots of Bitcoin and not so much $ or vice versa.
This was indeed a no. While there's clear value in trading for a resource you can use, there's a massive downside which comes with it.

One of the big reasons is that having "spare resources" available on a network is a huge part of attacking other players. If folks could simply trade away their excess resources - and subsequently use the remaining resources they traded for to sink into an upgrade - a large % of player networks would end up with minimal resources. While protecting your resources is important, its even less fun repeatedly searching for networks with no loot!
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that can read binary, and those that cant.

HCX - DReaD

Postby HCX - DReaD » Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:47 pm

How about an automated, indefinite preventative measure against same players hacking you over and over again?

Like, if player A hacked me 3 times (does not need to be consecutive hacks) then player A won't be able to hack me again until other players hacked me 3 times (in which case the blockage changed to that other player).

This probably wont do much on top rankings since they almost always attack each other I presume... But maybe would help on lower levels to avoid being abused..?

EDIT: Also since we got the exp refunding from deleting nodes, how about exp refunding from degrading programs? But with no refunds on the bitcoins. Or is that too much min-maxing?

DankUnicornMemz

Postby DankUnicornMemz » Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:00 am

New story missions featuring the AI plz.

Co-op hacking of raid boss networks for unique skins or skin mods (purple volcano/blue 3d chip) or node skins (red turret beam or something) and loot.

Wave defence mode or wave offence mode. Basically building a network mini game to save you from ever increasing numbers, strength and variety of viruses. And mini game where you're given resources for viruses to break ever increasing networks. Kind of like the first pvz mini game modes and wave defence games.

Ability to upgrade evolver to handle more than one upgrade at a time like the compiler and build threads.

CLAN SUPPORT nuf said

REMOVE ABILITY TO FILL STORAGES. Why? simple it is morally and legally shady to have the ability to spend real world money on filling up credits wich in turn can be spent on in game money wich is stealable. As the game is now you have made legal player vs player theft a thing. This game is global and european countries as well as a few american ones are getting wise to the lack of oversight in games, and i do not want to see hackers taken down or country banned or fined or something because a lawmaker found a good claim to pursue.

Save replay ability.

HCX - DReaD

Postby HCX - DReaD » Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:20 am

DankUnicornMemz wrote:
REMOVE ABILITY TO FILL STORAGES. Why? simple it is morally and legally shady to have the ability to spend real world money on filling up credits wich in turn can be spent on in game money wich is stealable. As the game is now you have made legal player vs player theft a thing. This game is global and european countries as well as a few american ones are getting wise to the lack of oversight in games, and i do not want to see hackers taken down or country banned or fined or something because a lawmaker found a good claim to pursue.

Dude you want to remove a feature where most games have with their in-app purchases??

Morally and legally shady? This kind of feature of buying in-game resources exist across mobile games... If anything, people who used real money to buy credits are keeping the game playable and free for others to play.

Regarding the steal-able, why would you fill up your resources with credits if you're not planning to use them? That's the player's mistake. I never fill up my resource storage unless I planned to use them immediately, leaving it empty again. All mobile games of the same genre have their resources steal-able by other players and refilled by premium currency. Nothing shady about it.