Potential Update Ideas (New Features)

Anything related to Hackers that doesn't fit in another forum
DankUnicornMemz

Re: Potential Update Ideas (New Features)

Postby DankUnicornMemz » Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:17 am

HCX - DReaD wrote:
DankUnicornMemz wrote:
REMOVE ABILITY TO FILL STORAGES. Why? simple it is morally and legally shady to have the ability to spend real world money on filling up credits wich in turn can be spent on in game money wich is stealable. As the game is now you have made legal player vs player theft a thing. This game is global and european countries as well as a few american ones are getting wise to the lack of oversight in games, and i do not want to see hackers taken down or country banned or fined or something because a lawmaker found a good claim to pursue.

Dude you want to remove a feature where most games have with their in-app purchases??

Morally and legally shady? This kind of feature of buying in-game resources exist across mobile games... If anything, people who used real money to buy credits are keeping the game playable and free for others to play.

Regarding the steal-able, why would you fill up your resources with credits if you're not planning to use them? That's the player's mistake. I never fill up my resource storage unless I planned to use them immediately, leaving it empty again. All mobile games of the same genre have their resources steal-able by other players and refilled by premium currency. Nothing shady about it.

Lol how'd i KNOW that would be the response??? Nvm...I'm trying to talk Smaug himself out of giving one coin from the hoard. Oh well you have a forum for feedback and i tried. Jeez... No coment on skill trees either now im depresed...

HCX - DReaD

Postby HCX - DReaD » Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:24 am

DankUnicornMemz wrote:
Lol how'd i KNOW that would be the response??? Nvm...I'm trying to talk Smaug himself out of giving one coin from the hoard. Oh well you have a forum for feedback and i tried. Jeez... No coment on skill trees either now im depresed...

Having a forum and posting your own feedback obviously guarantee responses of other opinions from other players/users in the forum. If you feel my opinion is wrong, then please clarify.
No comment on skill trees from me, since I don't know whether it's balanced or not from the devs' point of view.

TheLurkingRage

Postby TheLurkingRage » Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:57 am

HCX - DReaD wrote:
DankUnicornMemz wrote:

Having a forum and posting your own feedback obviously guarantee responses of other opinions from other players/users in the forum. If you feel my opinion is wrong, then please clarify.
No comment on skill trees from me, since I don't know whether it's balanced or not from the devs' point of view.

What skill tree are you both talking about?
Last legitimate #1 ranked hacker.

TheLurkingRage A.K.A Azussa, RepRipper and more
Level: 95
Top Rep: 4.9k
Current Rep: 4.5k
Player since: January 2017
YouTube:http://www.youtube.com/user/TheLurkingRage

HCX - DReaD

Postby HCX - DReaD » Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:02 pm

TheLurkingRage wrote:What skill tree are you both talking about?

His post

HCX - DReaD

Postby HCX - DReaD » Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:30 am

(not sure if I just missed it but)
How about an option to cancel ongoing program upgrading?

OwO,WhatsThis?

Postby OwO,WhatsThis? » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:29 pm

QUROX wrote:I know this game is still in a relatively early stage of release, but I thought I would start this topic in the hope that Trickstar Arts might see it and integrate some of the ideas that the actual players of HACKERS have, into the game.

To start with, I know that many people have misconceptions of this game being a clone of Clash of Clans. Sure, it is similar in that you build and upgrade offensive and defensive structures with two different currencies, then you have an overarching currency that you can do anything with and finally you attack and defend against other players. But that is really where the similarity stops in my opinion.

My idea unfortunately will add similarities between HACKERS and CoC, but I believe it will also add a whole new dimension to the game, far outweighing the cons of being associated with CoC. It is for hacking groups of 10 - 20 players to be integrated into HACKERS. I guess there would have to be some sort of hierarchic system within these groups, but I haven't really thought this far yet. Just thought I would put that out there.

I guess the main reason I started this topic was so that myself and others can get/give constructive criticism and/or feedback on potential additions to this game.

Feel free to post your own ideas and hopefully give feedback on the ideas of others.

They should add a way to "lock" a node in place so that you have more customisation over your base. Personally I want to make my base look like it is coiled around itself but I can't do that without attaching the 2 end together wich would FUCK up my defenses so...

Iriui

Postby Iriui » Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:18 pm

OwO,WhatsThis? wrote:They should add a way to "lock" a node in place so that you have more customisation over your base. Personally I want to make my base look like it is coiled around itself but I can't do that without attaching the 2 end together wich would FUCK up my defenses so...

I think this is actually a good suggestion

OwO,WhatsThis?

Postby OwO,WhatsThis? » Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:38 pm

DankUnicornMemz wrote:
HCX - DReaD wrote:
DankUnicornMemz wrote:
REMOVE ABILITY TO FILL STORAGES. Why? simple it is morally and legally shady to have the ability to spend real world money on filling up credits wich in turn can be spent on in game money wich is stealable. As the game is now you have made legal player vs player theft a thing. This game is global and european countries as well as a few american ones are getting wise to the lack of oversight in games, and i do not want to see hackers taken down or country banned or fined or something because a lawmaker found a good claim to pursue.

Dude you want to remove a feature where most games have with their in-app purchases??

Morally and legally shady? This kind of feature of buying in-game resources exist across mobile games... If anything, people who used real money to buy credits are keeping the game playable and free for others to play.

Regarding the steal-able, why would you fill up your resources with credits if you're not planning to use them? That's the player's mistake. I never fill up my resource storage unless I planned to use them immediately, leaving it empty again. All mobile games of the same genre have their resources steal-able by other players and refilled by premium currency. Nothing shady about it.

Ummmmmmm. If you think it is morally shady and people shouldn't play the game/but it because of it, then first off why dont you go and download the top rated free games and see how many have in app purchases. And second off how exactly are they going to make money to pay people to work on their game to make it better and more polished. Plus some people want to support games they like and having a way to do that that also benefits you is great. Personly I haven't spent a dime but I wouldn't be opposed to it, if I wasn't broke af I would have spent money already to support them.

bobston314

Re: Potential Update Ideas

Postby bobston314 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:02 am

Kekkats wrote:Ok i havr an idea, im not sure if its been suggested or not yet buuuut hete goes.

Ive noticed theres 3 diffrent factions in game and in game description or at least what i have noticed, theres;

1. Hack-tivists
2. Dark hackers
3. Cyber security

Why not make them 3 diffrent clan types u can join into?

Like each diffrent class persay gets there own either, buff or there own unique attack or defensive program?

U can either join one of them or none but joining 1 defently has a perk, and u can fight for that side with unique story missions and feel like ur making some sorta diffrence in this hackerz world.

U would also be able to quit ur class and join another for there story mission and programs but when u do that everything from previous clan would be reset back to lv 1 except for story missions.

Potiential abilities would be as follows;
1. Hacktivists- not too sure about this for sure but mabe longer hacking time and small buff to attack and defensive programs, mabe like 5-10%, could also be altered for balance purposes.
2.Dark hackers- would get reduced cost for attacking programs and slight attacking buff only for attacking programs again like 10-15%
3. Cyber security- would get reduced cost for defensive programs and a buff in defensive programs by 10-15%

These r just my opinions and i would like to see it hopefully added to game since clan function is already being planned on but no release dates, it would add the necessity for a clan to have diffrent types of memebers in its ranks besides just the strongst players they can find and add a bit more dynamic to playing.

Any and all comments welecome, anyone else agree or disagree? I didnt see this im comments i looked at yet and felt i should share my thoughts

Really late to the table here, but what might be interesting is if the story missions started along a common path, and at a certain point and/or core level you have to make a decision as to who to hack. Each of the factions has a corresponding network, and each faction tells you to hack all of the other ones. After hacking all but one of them, the one faction left behind is the one you get assigned to.

Would probably require a completely new storyline, and merging of existing players would be a pain. Perhaps all players get reset to the beginning, but depending on how far you reached before such an update, you would be able to skip hacking the actual network and the story would instantly progress as if you had completed the objectives.

HCX - DReaD

Postby HCX - DReaD » Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:29 am

How about:

A way to degrade programs, but with a price.

Each program viewed on "Develop Programs" now will have a "Degrade" option, which costs twice as much the selected program's previous upgrade cost and thrice the amount of time needed for the evolver to de-level the selected program.

Of course, whilst degrading a program, the evolver won't be able to upgrade any program, as usual.
Degrading a program will take away the exp earned from previously upgrading it.