Potential Update Ideas (New Features)

Anything related to Hackers that doesn't fit in another forum
Silken

Re: Potential Update Ideas

Postby Silken » Sun Oct 02, 2016 6:11 pm

I would like a warning sound or maybe a slow red flash when the timer gets below 5-10 seconds when viewing bases.

Maybe it's just me but i start looking at a base and then totally forget that I have a countdown. :roll:

Must have done it about 4 times this weekend and lost about 60 reputation just from being stupid. :(
Silken
Level - 54
Reputation Status Update - Farming is Dead :o

Luminaar

Postby Luminaar » Sun Oct 02, 2016 6:26 pm

LadTy wrote: This way (when it's shown directly on the node), you can see it's status no matter what node you have selected, which is needed especially with larger networks if you happen to fight on multiple spots at once.

Genius :)
LadTy wrote: Also, it might be good to know, that Ice Walls are used prior to any Protectors on that node. Very useful if you want to maximize your effectiveness with these two combined.

I did actually suss this one out :P Great info for the Wiki again though! Thank you for the follow up, appreciated. Great stuff :)
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that can read binary, and those that cant.

Luminaar

Postby Luminaar » Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:22 pm

When clicking on a node that is being constructed, the radial menu pops up with an additional option to rush completion for credits. It would be nice if the credit option came with a confirmation box as I've just fat-fingered it accidentally :p
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that can read binary, and those that cant.

Trickster
Site Admin

Postby Trickster » Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:25 pm

Luminaar wrote:It would be nice if the credit option came with a confirmation box

It is there if you are about to spend 10+ Credits.

Luminaar

Postby Luminaar » Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:30 pm

Ahh - then ignore me :) I didn't get to see what the amount was before I'd pressed it :P

More accidental Wiki info, haha!

Posaiden

Postby Posaiden » Tue Oct 04, 2016 3:06 am

The "clans" could be called agencies

Seeme

Postby Seeme » Tue Oct 04, 2016 6:18 am

Some great ideas.

The only one I don't like is a global chat. I think global chat will detract from the game. Leaving people messages in the reader.txt has a true hacker feel.

Adding societies is a great idea. My 2c is that a society should be responsible for maintaining a centralised server. This could be used for group hacks and defenses of other societies. To gain access to a society you would have to do it by defeating a member of that society 100% and install a backdoor into their core. From there you can gain access to the main society network and attempt to hack it. Each member of the society is a node that can again have a backdoor installed. This backdoor would give the society that is implementing the hack access to that member.

OK so that's convoluted but could be fun. Would lead to some interesting group hacks and hacker wars.

Group hacks would come from multiple back doors of multiple members.

To summarise:
-clans should be called societies
-society maintains a society network
-each member is a node in that network I.e. The more members you have the more access points are created
-to gain access to a society network you have to have hacked a member and installed a backdoor
-group hacks from multiple members having backdoor from the same society
-centralised banking to protect and lose resources and develop society framework

Just my thought. Think this fits in well with the game feel. I love the game BTW. Been playing 2 days. One of the only f2p games that you can actually compete as f2p if you know what your doing.

Golden

Postby Golden » Tue Oct 04, 2016 7:05 am

We need a Single Player/ Story Mode tbh, the missions are fun and all but having an actual story would be great, like you are hacking into the most powerful company/group in the world and have to slowly work your way through the network to the core and take over the whole thing.

Groups or Clans or whatever it is called would be very good, especially with a team base that others can try to hack.

Jaystar

Postby Jaystar » Tue Oct 04, 2016 9:52 am

It'll be rather nice to get attacked by AI. Random access by random hackers (system generated) that can only occur when you are playing. Almost procedurally generated attacks.

So this will be the scenario:
1) Playing online, casually looking at my own network then SUDDENLY
2) "WARNING, INCOMING ATTACK BY XYZ"
You can create your own NPC ranking players to show how hard the hack will be. (Procedurally generate the names but the ranks depends on the players level) e.g.
Noobster Finn --> Level 1-5
Amateur James --> Level 5-7
Prohack Rachel --> Level 7-10
Demonhack Harrison --> Level 10-15
Dragoon Timmy --> Level 13-20
Stealthy Max --> Level 15+ and etc...
3) Gives you the option to hack them first before they hack you
4) If you don't counter hack, you will get hacked by the NPC. The NPC will attack your network.
5) If successful, you will lose resources like a normal player. The stolen resources will be added to the reward for retracing successful against NPC.
6) After NPC hack has finished, you can retrace them to steal resources and also get a reward for successful retrace.
7) Retrace is only available for 48 hours and it will disappear.

Hopefully this will serve as a bounty board and increases the gameplay by interacting with the players more. This would also provide extra resources, such as the rare B-coins when you can't complete the story missions.
IGN: Emperor.Jaystar
[C12] [LV60]
Current Occupation: Terminated Account

TrojanHorse

Postby TrojanHorse » Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:37 am

I would like to be able to add my friends (maybe even hack them :twisted: ) and be able to view their network. Not only with friends but it could also be quite helpful if we could view networks from people on the leaderboards (leaderboards = good networks = learn how to adapt own system). Also would be nice if we could queue up the programs in our compiler even if we already have a set ready (once you use your set the second is already compiling). The previously mentioned "clans" sounds pretty cool and if the "clan" had a central network that they could use to hack other clan networks it would bring a whole new level of competition. Maybe a credits reward for the best few clans would keep things interesting. (Sorry my writing isn't as fun to read as some other suggestions, typing on my phone and cba to make it nice :P )