Potential Update Ideas (New Features)

Anything related to Hackers that doesn't fit in another forum
Luminaar

Re: Potential Update Ideas (New Features)

Postby Luminaar » Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:22 am

HCX - DReaD wrote:How about: A way to degrade programs, but with a price.
With a full program reset, there's the potential for players to get themselves into a position where their programs are no longer strong enough to complete a hack, effectively stunting their own ability to progress.

Downgrading a program one step at a time as suggested however, is far more preferable than "resetting" a program to start at Level 1. :) There are possibly other reasons which prevent this from being implemented, similar to why you can't rollback node levels etc, but I'll append this to the current program-related ideas.
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that can read binary, and those that cant.

HCX - DReaD

Postby HCX - DReaD » Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:59 pm

Luminaar wrote:
HCX - DReaD wrote:How about: A way to degrade programs, but with a price.
With a full program reset, there's the potential for players to get themselves into a position where their programs are no longer strong enough to complete a hack, effectively stunting their own ability to progress.

Downgrading a program one step at a time as suggested however, is far more preferable than "resetting" a program to start at Level 1. :) There are possibly other reasons which prevent this from being implemented, similar to why you can't rollback node levels etc, but I'll append this to the current program-related ideas.

Thank you :)
Even though this does give a leeway for players to be meta builder, but in the end everyone would probably max out everything anyway xD

CodeWritten

New Suggestion: Offline mode

Postby CodeWritten » Fri Sep 28, 2018 11:30 pm

So here is the suggestion for Hackers: Offline Mode. If you fail the connection to the servers 3 times. You are taken to a thing that's kinda like being online but you don't hack others. You hack bases you build. Building a base Is different as you have infinite nodes, and infinite of any node. You can also choose the level they are, and, If they are a farm, choose how much I has in it. As well as the holders. Nodes have infinite connection slots but the same amount of hack slots as usual. Nodes can be more then 9 spaces away from a netcon. You can then hack your offline base with any programs you want. Infinite programs as well. You can choose the level of the programs as well. There is my suggestion
Kill me once, shame on you. Kill me twice, shame on me

CodeWritten

Postby CodeWritten » Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:13 pm

Thanks to luminaar for moving my suggestion to the right category

CodeWritten

Re: New Suggestion: Offline mode

Postby CodeWritten » Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:35 am

CodeWritten wrote:So here is the suggestion for Hackers: Offline Mode. If you fail the connection to the servers 3 times. You are taken to a thing that's kinda like being online but you don't hack others. You hack bases you build. Building a base Is different as you have infinite nodes, and infinite of any node. You can also choose the level they are, and, If they are a farm, choose how much I has in it. As well as the holders. Nodes have infinite connection slots but the same amount of hack slots as usual. Nodes can be more then 9 spaces away from a netcon. You can then hack your offline base with any programs you want. Infinite programs as well. You can choose the level of the programs as well. There is my suggestion

Btw I think this would be good for killing time. I've always wanted to attack a minmaxed base with level one programs

minhducsun2002

Postby minhducsun2002 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:26 pm

CodeWritten wrote:
CodeWritten wrote:So here is the suggestion for Hackers: Offline Mode. If you fail the connection to the servers 3 times. You are taken to a thing that's kinda like being online but you don't hack others. You hack bases you build. Building a base Is different as you have infinite nodes, and infinite of any node. You can also choose the level they are, and, If they are a farm, choose how much I has in it. As well as the holders. Nodes have infinite connection slots but the same amount of hack slots as usual. Nodes can be more then 9 spaces away from a netcon. You can then hack your offline base with any programs you want. Infinite programs as well. You can choose the level of the programs as well. There is my suggestion

Btw I think this would be good for killing time. I've always wanted to attack a minmaxed base with level one programs

Simplified, this equals to a Sandbox mode where you can use any programs at any levels, to attack a custom network with unlimited customizable nodes.
Very fit for testing in-game logic, like program overwriting priority.

However, this poses a risk - you can replicate bases and test them before really attacking - which is sooooo unfair since your reputation can be bulletproof against failing hacks.
[111um1n4 - 61ph3r]
In game as

Code: Select all

CipherAllies1123

CodeWritten

Postby CodeWritten » Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:23 pm

minhducsun2002 wrote:
CodeWritten wrote:

Simplified, this equals to a Sandbox mode where you can use any programs at any levels, to attack a custom network with unlimited customizable nodes.
Very fit for testing in-game logic, like program overwriting priority.

However, this poses a risk - you can replicate bases and test them before really attacking - which is sooooo unfair since your reputation can be bulletproof against failing hacks.

Not really as you cannot tell the level of nodes I.E Turrets.

CodeWritten

Postby CodeWritten » Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:09 am

Another suggestion
Ergo Dark should be available to all, for free. Some people play Ergo in the dark and Ergo White will hurt their eyes.