Any tips for new players?

Anything related to Hackers that doesn't fit in another forum
rusty

Re: Any tips for new players?

Postby rusty » Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:23 pm

DO NOT BEAT BERLINER kreditbank

Push for portal and keep hacking that one mission when you need gold. You will get ~400k each go

7 access, 1 portal and use your preference to get the the gold

Note: if you get your access and leach high enough you can stealth hack the gold

Kaiser

Postby Kaiser » Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:50 am

Decided to post here.

I'm level 16, and I have a slight problem.
Before, range of my opponents was comfortable.
Now, I mostly face 20-25 level. Sometimes, I have 18-19, but they are monster defended.
Very seldom, I meet 16-14 levels, but they are 99% of cases poor for resources.
What to do?
I upgraded cannons, ice-wall, shurikkens, worms for 4th level, I have other all programs protector, wraith, access, dleeches.. Actually, I paid more attention to attacking, having 80 slots in libraries. But still, I feel big difficulty.
It's a feeling like a game brings me opponents, not according to my level or my under-developped network, but takes into consideration my experience 700+ and a bit developed programs.

In two words, two strong opponents.

Proxychains

Postby Proxychains » Tue Dec 20, 2016 5:26 pm

Don't spend those beautiful credits you get when you start the game for the first time. You'll need it later, trust me.
Lv: 47 / Rep: ? / Core: 11 / IP: Brazil

SxSnipeR

Postby SxSnipeR » Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:00 pm

Proxychains wrote:Don't spend those beautiful credits you get when you start the game for the first time. You'll need it later, trust me.

Spend them on build threads at start of course

e1a00000

Postby e1a00000 » Sat Dec 24, 2016 10:39 am

Kaiser wrote:Decided to post here.

Now, I mostly face 20-25 level. Sometimes, I have 18-19, but they are monster defended.
What to do?
I upgraded cannons, ice-wall, shurikkens, worms for 4th level, I have other all programs protector, wraith, access, dleeches.. Actually, I paid more attention to attacking, having 80 slots in libraries. But still, I feel big difficulty.
It's a feeling like a game brings me opponents, not according to my level or my under-developped network, but takes into consideration my experience 700+ and a bit developed programs.

Drop your rep. And learn some tricks to attack.
I had, or never had the same issue as you did. Yes, my target levels were ridiculous. Nah, I wipe the floor with them. Since 16 till now (22) I hit people up to 9-10 levels ahead of me. They had some very nice res. 16 range is the best since there is a huge gap in res that a 16 and 25 can give.
One of my biggest hit at 16 was a 25 with 96k gold. You don't get that much hitting around your level at all.

e1a00000

Postby e1a00000 » Sat Dec 24, 2016 10:42 am

What to do?

Also your program list looks diverse. You shouldn't be having much issues except a few rare good bases. Heck even now most of my hunts are with beams, ice, shurikens and rams, with some occasional protector and blaster.
I recently unlocked wraith (pretty late, wasn't my priority) and I don't plan to use it except against certain strong bases due to compile time lol.

Hell_Diguner

Postby Hell_Diguner » Sat Dec 24, 2016 1:04 pm

When compiling an assortment of programs, compile the most time consuming ones first. If you do them last, it may take longer to complete.

Example: 30 Beams, 1 Code Gate, 2 compiling threads. Each Beam takes 20 seconds; Code Gate takes 10 minutes (600 seconds).

If you compile the Beams first, it will take (600/2)+600 = 900 seconds (15 minutes)

If you compile the Code Gate first, it will take (600+600)/2 = 600 seconds (10 minutes)
Hell_Diguner - C12L34, Had C12L29 (world record), soon to be a Shuriken main
DiaboliExMachina - C10L28, Maniac+Worms main
CaptainDavyJones - C10L27, Beams main, will eventually be Kraken main

Sutopia

Postby Sutopia » Sat Dec 24, 2016 3:37 pm

e1a00000 wrote:

What to do?

Drop your rep. And learn some tricks to attack.
I had, or never had the same issue as you did. Yes, my target levels were ridiculous. Nah, I wipe the floor with them. Since 16 till now (22) I hit people up to 9-10 levels ahead of me. They had some very nice res. 16 range is the best since there is a huge gap in res that a 16 and 25 can give.
One of my biggest hit at 16 was a 25 with 96k gold. You don't get that much hitting around your level at all.

my best was 250k gold at level 15 striking a level 21 and that was insta filling of my database
I did intentionally drop rep to like 200 and you find a lot of poorly defended rich men

Kaiser

Postby Kaiser » Sat Dec 24, 2016 8:37 pm

What is the goal of the game?
On first levels it was a key goal to develop most important programs
Then it was necessary to upgrade those programs and build defence
Now, approaching lvl 20, I have all I need to attack almost all kind of network, any defences are easily broken, with portal, wraith, shurikens of 6 level, upgraded walls.

Yes, core 7 takes 4 days to upgrade. What to expect when I need core 10? Two weeks?
It's really long time. And further I go, the longer it takes with all those builds.
Game becomes less challenging.
Imagine, you like a book, you want to read it, but to unlock another page, you have to wait some days.

nighangel

Postby nighangel » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:28 pm

Have to agree with Kaiser

Any normal time over 3 days (without extra build thread bonus)
is frankly making the game worse and suck