Any tips for new players?

Anything related to Hackers that doesn't fit in another forum
User avatar
Barons
Posts: 99
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2016 3:41 am
Location: Florida

Re: Any tips for new players?

Postby Barons » Sat Nov 12, 2016 6:48 am

How exactly do sentry nodes work? As in at what point once they have been captured does the anti virus stop spreading?

Some times I capture all the sentry nodes and the anti virus stops spreading and other times it continues to spread throughout the rest of the base. In the video below I cut off all sentry nodes right away but they continue spreading Antivirus. Is this a bug or is it effected by the lvl of the anti virus.

It's been a while since I found someone with their sentry nodes next to the connections but I was under the impression the Antivirus stopped spreading once they were captured. Is that how it's supposed to work?

Ty for the advice.

Video of sentry nodes continuing to work after being captured.

youtu.be/eZ9f4yFqYSc
Image

User avatar
Silken
Posts: 277
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2016 10:53 am

Re: Any tips for new players?

Postby Silken » Sat Nov 12, 2016 8:17 am

Barons wrote:How exactly do sentry nodes work? As in at what point once they have been captured does the anti virus stop spreading?

Some times I capture all the sentry nodes and the anti virus stops spreading and other times it continues to spread throughout the rest of the base. In the video below I cut off all sentry nodes right away but they continue spreading Antivirus. Is this a bug or is it effected by the lvl of the anti virus.

It's been a while since I found someone with their sentry nodes next to the connections but I was under the impression the Antivirus stopped spreading once they were captured. Is that how it's supposed to work?

Ty for the advice.

Video of sentry nodes continuing to work after being captured.


http://hackersthegame.wikia.com/wiki/Sentry

Basically they transfer the AV to other black security nodes instantly (well 0.5secs). So because that first sentry is connected to black nodes you can't really stop it.
Silken
Level - 54
Reputation Status Update - Farming is Dead :o

User avatar
ScopeFlows
Posts: 14
Joined: Sat Nov 19, 2016 11:44 am
Location: Brunei

Re: Any tips for new players?

Postby ScopeFlows » Sat Nov 19, 2016 2:42 pm

for new players, remember to focus your defense. not resources. what I meant is where the last 13 nodes you can build before you upgrade your core.
IGN:ScopeFlows 8-)
IP: Malaysia (still waiting for Brunei's very own IP on the next update.)

User avatar
Hell_Diguner
Posts: 179
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:03 am

Re: Any tips for new players?

Postby Hell_Diguner » Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:07 am

@Silken Your answer is in the wiki:
Nodes that are either being upgraded or disabled by a Wraith will receive the antivirus, but will not spread it to other nodes and will not attack.
Hell_Diguner - C12L34, Core rush (had C12L29), soon to be a Shuriken main
DiaboliExMachina - C10L28, Maniac+Worms main
CaptainDavyJones - C4L8, Soon to be Kraken+Protector main

e1a00000
Posts: 245
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:22 am

Re: Any tips for new players?

Postby e1a00000 » Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:37 am

From another fresh player point of view:
Plan your attack carefully. Down to every step you take. Don't use a generic program set. Be flexible.
A good base layout is the one you yourself would have problem breaking into. Think: If I were to attack my base, how would I do that? Would I be successful? Analyze after every battle, offensive or defensive. Win or lose, there's something to learn.

Hackercritic
Posts: 52
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:39 pm

Re: Any tips for new players?

Postby Hackercritic » Sat Dec 10, 2016 1:52 pm

1) if you are the kind of person that raids constantly, you won't need too many server farms and bcoin mines, I personally only have 2 bcoin mines and 1 server farm
2) when upgrading core, prioritise turrets followed by scanner/guardian. You'd at most need only 2 sentries for spreading anti-virus until the higher levels.
3) get the kraken asap. It makes raiding alot more fun and easy, at higher levels portal program is amazing.
4) level up beam cannons and ice walls, keeping track of which point its worth upgrading till.
5) you'll need blasters and battering rams for getting through code gates.
6) the rest should be self explanatory.
Have fun.

User avatar
legal
Posts: 233
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2016 1:05 pm

Re: Any tips for new players?

Postby legal » Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:05 pm

Hackercritic wrote:1) if you are the kind of person that raids constantly, you won't need too many server farms and bcoin mines, I personally only have 2 bcoin mines and 1 server farm
2) when upgrading core, prioritise turrets followed by scanner/guardian. You'd at most need only 2 sentries for spreading anti-virus until the higher levels.
3) get the kraken asap. It makes raiding alot more fun and easy, at higher levels portal program is amazing.
4) level up beam cannons and ice walls, keeping track of which point its worth upgrading till.
5) you'll need blasters and battering rams for getting through code gates.
6) the rest should be self explanatory.
Have fun.

I would agree with some of what you said. 1 i agree with
2 is bad advice. scanners yes turrets should be late game sentry is way more important as it does more damage over all. guardian is not so important. i would deem code gates more important.
3 kraken is good early game but sucks late game.
4 I agree with 5 they should pick one or the other.
Username: Legal
Level: 48 (12/25/16)
Core: 12
Country: USA
Highest reputation: meaningless
Highest world rank: meaningless
Find me on my discord for help @ https://discord.me/unofficialhacker along with many other, high level players.

Hackercritic
Posts: 52
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:39 pm

Re: Any tips for new players?

Postby Hackercritic » Sun Dec 11, 2016 3:07 am

legal wrote:
Hackercritic wrote:1) if you are the kind of person that raids constantly, you won't need too many server farms and bcoin mines, I personally only have 2 bcoin mines and 1 server farm
2) when upgrading core, prioritise turrets followed by scanner/guardian. You'd at most need only 2 sentries for spreading anti-virus until the higher levels.
3) get the kraken asap. It makes raiding alot more fun and easy, at higher levels portal program is amazing.
4) level up beam cannons and ice walls, keeping track of which point its worth upgrading till.
5) you'll need blasters and battering rams for getting through code gates.
6) the rest should be self explanatory.
Have fun.

I would agree with some of what you said. 1 i agree with
2 is bad advice. scanners yes turrets should be late game sentry is way more important as it does more damage over all. guardian is not so important. i would deem code gates more important.
3 kraken is good early game but sucks late game.
4 I agree with 5 they should pick one or the other.

This is just a general direction. Im letting them figure how how many blaster or battering ram they want to use. Maybe saying prioritise defenses would be more appropriate. I personally upgrade turrets and sentries as and when I have builders and resources available. Though at this point in time I use only 2 sentries, I agree that as we get higher we will need three, just letting them figure out when it is right for them to get the third sentry. And yes, kraken sucks late game, that why I said at higher levels portal is better. And yes, of course code gate is more important, that's self explanatory.

e1a00000
Posts: 245
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:22 am

Re: Any tips for new players?

Postby e1a00000 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:40 am

Hackercritic wrote:1) if you are the kind of person that raids constantly, you won't need too many server farms and bcoin mines, I personally only have 2 bcoin mines and 1 server farm
2) when upgrading core, prioritise turrets followed by scanner/guardian. You'd at most need only 2 sentries for spreading anti-virus until the higher levels.
3) get the kraken asap. It makes raiding alot more fun and easy, at higher levels portal program is amazing.
4) level up beam cannons and ice walls, keeping track of which point its worth upgrading till.
5) you'll need blasters and battering rams for getting through code gates.
6) the rest should be self explanatory.
Have fun.


Kraken is generally a hit or miss if you keep it as standard arsenal. Also I'm rekting players up to 9 levels ahead of me with just blasters, shields and shurikens, so kraken is questionable.

nighangel
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:42 pm

Re: Any tips for new players?

Postby nighangel » Sat Dec 17, 2016 8:47 pm

dont spend credit on speed builds despite what the tutorial suggests you do , Save up for building threads

use both of your building threads on the just one upgrade/buliding important node

e.g. when upgrading Server Farm or Scanner use both threads, reduces build time by 50%
meaning more money being generated sooner and less vulnerablity with scanner being offline


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests