Any tips for new players?

Anything related to Hackers that doesn't fit in another forum
goodking
Posts: 41
Joined: Fri Oct 07, 2016 1:34 pm

Re: Any tips for new players?

Postby goodking » Sat Oct 08, 2016 7:16 am

Tips,go for resoucres on core level 3,bulid the second b coin mine.
Then upgrade program library two times and try to get a level 5 server farm.
Upgrade beamer FIRST,since it will be useful for further against black ice.
Then go for defenses like black ice,turrets but not sentry.
Shurikens are also not effective as u advance

dfnuts
Posts: 23
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2016 11:08 pm

Re: Any tips for new players?

Postby dfnuts » Fri Oct 14, 2016 5:35 pm

What everyone is saying about not worrying about building rep is true. I am a level 20 player with a rep of about 150, and that is because I will target someone for resources only. Either they will have a large number of bitcoins or gold, and I will go for them. As such I generally get a failed message at the end of a hack because I have not got all of the resources, control of the entire network or downloaded the core. But I have got what I wanted out of the hack.

So, in short figure out what you need (bitcoins or gold). Search for your target and gab those resources you need for your next planned upgrade.
We are a collective entity.
We are all and all is us.
We move throughout society influencing and creating thoughts as to navigate the intellectual collective through existence.
We are life, we are thought.

User avatar
Barons
Posts: 99
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2016 3:41 am
Location: Florida

Re: Any tips for new players?

Postby Barons » Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:52 pm

When fending off a hack does the firewall (hit points?) of captured nodes still apply? For example when an attacker captures a node in front of a strong point (turrets, black ice, ect) is a weaker node like a compiler more difficult for him to hold than nodes with more firewall like a sentry or code gate?






Also does your reputation (fist icon in the top left) determine how difficult the players you find in search are? I just got lvl 4 core the other day and I'm a lvl 12 account. However the majority of my searches have lvl 14 accounts as the lest difficult. With my current programs I'm very unlikely to win.

I'm wondering if intentionally losing to lower my reputation would allow me to find more bases around my own lvl in the search?

Thanks for the tips.
Image

User avatar
Silken
Posts: 277
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2016 10:53 am

Re: Any tips for new players?

Postby Silken » Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:45 pm

Barons wrote:When fending off a hack does the firewall (hit points?) of captured nodes still apply? For example when an attacker captures a node in front of a strong point (turrets, black ice, ect) is a weaker node like a compiler more difficult for him to hold than nodes with more firewall like a sentry or code gate?

Also does your reputation (fist icon in the top left) determine how difficult the players you find in search are? I just got lvl 4 core the other day and I'm a lvl 12 account. However the majority of my searches have lvl 14 accounts as the lest difficult. With my current programs I'm very unlikely to win.

I'm wondering if intentionally losing to lower my reputation would allow me to find more bases around my own lvl in the search?

Thanks for the tips.


First question, yes it retains the firewall. Often I see attackers trying to defend nodes with low firewalls. Sometimes best, once you capture a higher node next to it, is to just lose it and base your attack from the node with a high firewall - i.e the turret you have probably just taken.

Second Question. Searches are based on both reputation and level. So just drop your reputation a bit if you find it tough. Either don't collect all resources and end an attack early or start a attack and don't send in any troops. Then end after a few seconds.
Silken
Level - 54
Reputation Status Update - Farming is Dead :o

User avatar
Jaystar
Posts: 61
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2016 9:18 am

Re: Any tips for new players?

Postby Jaystar » Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:00 pm

My beginner's tips are:
1. Try and get kraken as soon as you can. It will make almost all of your hacks 100% easier.
2. Get in the farming range of 100-200. Best place to farm. All the inactives and semi-actives are in this range.
3. Level up your blast cannons. They are cheap and powerful
4. Never level up Icewall above level 2. It becomes too inefficient
5. Leave your core outside of your code gates. Most people love defending cores. And I love using Kraken. It's easy money for kraken users. Don't let them have it!
IGN: Emperor.Jaystar
[C12] [LV60]
Current Occupation: Terminated Account

Aen
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2016 4:27 pm

Re: Any tips for new players?

Postby Aen » Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:38 pm

Being only lvl 8 what I could add to the list is:

-Plan a good infrastructure, I could defend myself of 10+ attacks in a row from players 1 or 2 levels higher than myself.
-Rush resources, as in any micromanagement game

What I would like to ask is:

1) Should I rush the Core level as far as I can ?
2) When does the strong attack programs start to appear? (Im thinking on you, Kraken) since I'm not actually worried about getting raided with strong programs (i drop my rep when hitting 200).

syn
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2016 12:22 pm

Re: Any tips for new players?

Postby syn » Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:10 pm

do not spread out your nodes. make sure they're as bunched up as you can, while still having your core + farms at least 7-9 nodes away from the nearest netconnect. also, group up all your strongest defenses in one or two places, and leave a sentry or something by your core. that's how i do it, anyway. seems pretty effective. stall your opponent so they will time out, since purely making them surrender is not an option :3

User avatar
legal
Posts: 233
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2016 1:05 pm

Re: Any tips for new players?

Postby legal » Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:24 pm

syn wrote:do not spread out your nodes. make sure they're as bunched up as you can, while still having your core + farms at least 7-9 nodes away from the nearest netconnect. also, group up all your strongest defenses in one or two places, and leave a sentry or something by your core. that's how i do it, anyway. seems pretty effective. stall your opponent so they will time out, since purely making them surrender is not an option :3

I think spreading out your nodes works well, only thing I bunch up is security. I would also use code gates to separate security from farming nodes.
Username: Legal
Level: 48 (12/25/16)
Core: 12
Country: USA
Highest reputation: meaningless
Highest world rank: meaningless
Find me on my discord for help @ https://discord.me/unofficialhacker along with many other, high level players.

drickles
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:46 am
Location: United states
Contact:

drickles

Postby drickles » Tue Nov 08, 2016 1:46 am

Just adding little to what has been already said. .totally forget about repping up..there are two types of players...those who spend and those who don't.. and you'll be surprised to see just how many people really put money in this game...

Now if youre the spender type then good for you...you won't really have much trouble plowing though the game...but if you're as broke as I am and would like to really enjoy the game without having to feel like smashing your phone on the ground out of spite more than once, then forget repping up...

Now I'm sure every player in their early stages of gameplay came across *prolly more than once* that one super leveled up *prolly at level 18+* player with a system plugged and chocked with so many guardians and code walls *sure you prolly never even knew what they were at that time* that it could make a priest shout WTF popping up on their search globes with reps prolly less than 250...shid I'd even bet that your dumb ass even tried to hack them with your lvl 1 shurikens and blaster canons just cos you saw how low their rep is...bad move fam.

Now this is how the game works...the search algorithm is designed to pop up players in a similar rep range as yours...it does not give you players according to the level your in..and some smart asses like me like taking advantage of that

Now the more rep you get the tougher competitors you get...The type that can drain all that b coin and money you'd been saving for two days to get that core update or virus upgrade by just using one Kraken malware they prolly just bought with money...Yes...it's tougher than you think in the big leagues of this game...it's filled with monstrous players with over 5K credits in their coffers just upgrading at paces you can't even think of...and guess who they get to try their new toys on when they're bored..yup..us..that 20% player population that don't spend...they can farm an entire week's savings in just 3-4mins for fun...it's really bloody in the big leagues if you plan to go spending-free

So to escape this torture players intentionally lower their reps so as to come down to a much lower class of players they can bully with much ease...and sleep safely knowing these amateurs don't have what it takes to take their system down...thereby giving the player a safe environment to pile resources with ease, save without any fear of loosing your resources, and upgrade in peace...Voila!

Although to me going high enough to battle with the Titans and falling back down is a pretty dumb move...the thing is as long as you got a huge rep there's a probability that at least 500-1000 brutal players had hit the search button and you popped up...when that happens lowering your rep aint gonna save you nor clear you from their search globes...

Best way is to never go up there in the first place...pause in-between 250-350 rep...drop when your exceeding and climb when youre decreasing too much...farm your ass off...build your systems...upgrade your ass off...bully the new newbies lol...build a monster system...then if you think your stomach has grown above the amount of resources that class of players are feeding you with you can then turn it up a notch...maybe set the limits 450-350 rep instead...the idea is to prevent being given players who your current system aint equipped to handle..(P.S) Before planning on going any higher please make sure your core is at least lvl6...ull understand what im saying in the game later

And when you think you had enough you can just blaze through the amateurs with ease and go join your major league players for some real challenge and action...

Do this and you might just enjoy the game as much as a paying customer..btw my method requires a lot of patience and waiting..not recommended for the easily angered folks...lol...or just buy the credits and enjoy the game...besides it's a form of showing the developers that you like what they're doing

Vnasty
Posts: 361
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:50 pm

Re: drickles

Postby Vnasty » Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:41 pm

drickles wrote:Just adding little to what has been already said. .totally forget about repping up..there are two types of players...those who spend and those who don't.. and you'll be surprised to see just how many people really put money in this game...

Now if youre the spender type then good for you...you won't really have much trouble plowing though the game...but if you're as broke as I am and would like to really enjoy the game without having to feel like smashing your phone on the ground out of spite more than once, then forget repping up...

Now I'm sure every player in their early stages of gameplay came across *prolly more than once* that one super leveled up *prolly at level 18+* player with a system plugged and chocked with so many guardians and code walls *sure you prolly never even knew what they were at that time* that it could make a priest shout WTF popping up on their search globes with reps prolly less than 250...shid I'd even bet that your dumb ass even tried to hack them with your lvl 1 shurikens and blaster canons just cos you saw how low their rep is...bad move fam.

Now this is how the game works...the search algorithm is designed to pop up players in a similar rep range as yours...it does not give you players according to the level your in..and some smart asses like me like taking advantage of that

Now the more rep you get the tougher competitors you get...The type that can drain all that b coin and money you'd been saving for two days to get that core update or virus upgrade by just using one Kraken malware they prolly just bought with money...Yes...it's tougher than you think in the big leagues of this game...it's filled with monstrous players with over 5K credits in their coffers just upgrading at paces you can't even think of...and guess who they get to try their new toys on when they're bored..yup..us..that 20% player population that don't spend...they can farm an entire week's savings in just 3-4mins for fun...it's really bloody in the big leagues if you plan to go spending-free

So to escape this torture players intentionally lower their reps so as to come down to a much lower class of players they can bully with much ease...and sleep safely knowing these amateurs don't have what it takes to take their system down...thereby giving the player a safe environment to pile resources with ease, save without any fear of loosing your resources, and upgrade in peace...Voila!

Although to me going high enough to battle with the Titans and falling back down is a pretty dumb move...the thing is as long as you got a huge rep there's a probability that at least 500-1000 brutal players had hit the search button and you popped up...when that happens lowering your rep aint gonna save you nor clear you from their search globes...

Best way is to never go up there in the first place...pause in-between 250-350 rep...drop when your exceeding and climb when youre decreasing too much...farm your ass off...build your systems...upgrade your ass off...bully the new newbies lol...build a monster system...then if you think your stomach has grown above the amount of resources that class of players are feeding you with you can then turn it up a notch...maybe set the limits 450-350 rep instead...the idea is to prevent being given players who your current system aint equipped to handle..(P.S) Before planning on going any higher please make sure your core is at least lvl6...ull understand what im saying in the game later

And when you think you had enough you can just blaze through the amateurs with ease and go join your major league players for some real challenge and action...

Do this and you might just enjoy the game as much as a paying customer..btw my method requires a lot of patience and waiting..not recommended for the easily angered folks...lol...or just buy the credits and enjoy the game...besides it's a form of showing the developers that you like what they're doing


Spot on in some context. You can become a winning player here without spending a dime. You have to be reliant, patient and form an addiction.

Im hooked


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot] and 2 guests