Your first impression of Hackers

Anything related to Hackers that doesn't fit in another forum
theintelligentboy

Re: Your first impression of Hackers

Postby theintelligentboy » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:30 pm

PerseVerAnce wrote:Came because the name sounded cool.
Stayed because of the strategic elements.

Didn't really have any expectation at first to be honest. Thought it would just be like Ogame or something where you just press the Attack button and it does some math and give you the results.

It turned out to be much better than I thought. But I only realized that after I got hacked a few times and watched the replays.

It is very unfortunate that the tutorial doesn't really do the strategic elements of the game any justice. The importance of network architecture and the strategy needed to hack a well structured network isn't really well demonstrated. It also hypes up the Worm, which turns out to be pretty lame later on, which is kinda funny. Most of the information about the game also requires Googling.

My fear is that if someone doesn't play long enough at first, they could get entirely the wrong impressions and miss the point of the game altogether.

Agree with you, the tutorial needs to be re-planned.

Marhex

Postby Marhex » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:57 pm

theintelligentboy wrote:
PerseVerAnce wrote:Came because the name sounded cool.
Stayed because of the strategic elements.

Didn't really have any expectation at first to be honest. Thought it would just be like Ogame or something where you just press the Attack button and it does some math and give you the results.

It turned out to be much better than I thought. But I only realized that after I got hacked a few times and watched the replays.

It is very unfortunate that the tutorial doesn't really do the strategic elements of the game any justice. The importance of network architecture and the strategy needed to hack a well structured network isn't really well demonstrated. It also hypes up the Worm, which turns out to be pretty lame later on, which is kinda funny. Most of the information about the game also requires Googling.

My fear is that if someone doesn't play long enough at first, they could get entirely the wrong impressions and miss the point of the game altogether.

Agree with you, the tutorial needs to be re-planned.

Yes, the tutorial must be replaced. the other day I shared the game with a friend and because He didn't understand how to play it he quit the game after playing for a hour until I show him how to play it. That How trickster lose new players.
Sorry for my bad English.
IGN :marhex
Lvl :37
Core Lvl :10

graceinc

Postby graceinc » Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:05 pm

I still need to figure out how to play it, tried it twice and shut it off.

Neur0c1d3

Postby Neur0c1d3 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:48 am

Well i saw it recommended so i downloaded it cause bored. I immediately noticed the network topology aspect and was happy with that. In quick order I saw it was a (clash of....) remake. However I did like those kinds of games.

I quickly wished there was a free instant build when the time is less then 5 minutes like in some other games. (low impact on the high levels, but makes the first few nodes and things quick)

I liked the lack of multiple base areas. I stopped playing other similar games because it got to be a chore to stay at a constant level.

I like the tutorials. They give you just enough info, for you to think for yourself. I appreciate not having every tactic spoon fed to me.

Also I'm very happy there are no clans or guilds.

And I'm already thinking of ideas to improve the tactical aspects of the game.

Edit: I didn't google a single thing until about level 22.

vinyl5001

Postby vinyl5001 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:27 pm

Reminds me of some games, but this one got me. Quality graphics, mechanics and stuff.
And you don't really have to check in every single day, that's might be useful someday
CORE 7 LVL
25 LVL
REP 500+
In-game: Frol

Allond

Postby Allond » Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:18 pm

since i decided to join the forum and find out more info about it then i guess the answer is obvious - my first impression was very positive. mostly i loved the mechanics!