Which daily missions do you dislike the most?

Anything related to Hackers that doesn't fit in another forum
Hell_Diguner

Postby Hell_Diguner » Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:44 am

For me, it has to be 'Revenge'. It's the only mission where I have to rely on other people: to populate my retrace list. My list is never longer than 15 people (is there a time limit or do game updates remove waiting retraces?), and rarely do I want to attack them anyway. This is the only missions that I have discarded to free a slot for the next day's mission.
Hell_Diguner - C12L39, Had C12L29 (world record), Shuriken main
DiaboliExMachina - C12L38, Worms+Maniac main
CaptainDavyJones - C12L39, Beams main, will eventually be Kraken main

theintelligentboy

Re: Which daily missions do you dislike the most?

Postby theintelligentboy » Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:51 pm

Hell_Diguner wrote:Which daily missions do you dislike the most?

For me, it has to be 'Revenge'. It's the only mission where I have to rely on other people: to populate my retrace list. My list is never longer than 15 people (is there a time limit or do game updates remove waiting retraces?), and rarely do I want to attack them anyway. This is the only missions that I have discarded to free a slot for the next day's mission.

You should retrace occasionally, that way you don't have to waste around $8k per search. There is a strong probability that one if those 15 are sitting with huge currency. :)

BTW, for me its "Untraceable". Yeah, I had fun downloading the Core when I first unlocked Access, because people had level 1 Sentry usually. When you're around ±30, sentries are so leveled up (mostly 200%) that you would merely find a network vulnerable to Stealth. Now, Data Leech is one of the "rarely used" program for me. ;)

orezzu

Postby orezzu » Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:55 pm

Hell_Diguner wrote:Which daily missions do you dislike the most?

'Revenge'.. i hate them.. because most of my attacker are out of my reach :)
theintelligentboy wrote:You should retrace occasionally, that way you don't have to waste around $8k per search. There is a strong probability that one if those 15 are sitting with huge currency. :)

BTW, for me its "Untraceable". Yeah, I had fun downloading the Core when I first unlocked Access, because people had level 1 Sentry usually. When you're around ±30, sentries are so leveled up (mostly 200%) that you would merely find a network vulnerable to Stealth. Now, Data Leech is one of the "rarely used" program for me. ;)

you mean.. scanner.. right? :?:

Ranakastrasz

Postby Ranakastrasz » Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:11 am

Ugh, sentry and scanner. Both indicate detection. Sentry implies action however while scanner implies more focused detection
-----

Currently stealth hacks are easy due to the krakken madness. I gather this will change later as I level up.

I haven't really had trouble with any missions yet.

theintelligentboy

Postby theintelligentboy » Fri Dec 30, 2016 3:59 am

orezzu wrote:you mean.. scanner.. right? :?:

I dunno why (and how) I wrote Sentry instead of Scanner! :D

theintelligentboy

Postby theintelligentboy » Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:00 am

Ranakastrasz wrote:Ugh, sentry and scanner. Both indicate detection. Sentry implies action however while scanner implies more focused detection
-----

Currently stealth hacks are easy due to the krakken madness. I gather this will change later as I level up.

I haven't really had trouble with any missions yet.

Go up and eventually you would even give up Wraith for its 15 min compilation time. :)

Hell_Diguner

Postby Hell_Diguner » Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:16 am

You should retrace occasionally, that way you don't have to waste around $8k per search. There is a strong probability that one if those 15 are sitting with huge currency.

Oh, I'm no fool. Note I said usually I don't want to attack them. The either don't have anything worth my time, or occasionally I don't want to risk them learning from their mistakes the first time they failed to reach my resources. I jump on the ones with good loot when I can, so that leaves slim pickings when 'revenge' comes up.

theintelligentboy

Postby theintelligentboy » Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:19 am

Hell_Diguner wrote:
You should retrace occasionally, that way you don't have to waste around $8k per search. There is a strong probability that one if those 15 are sitting with huge currency.

Oh, I'm no fool. Note I said usually I don't want to attack them. The either don't have anything worth my time, or occasionally I don't want to risk them learning from their mistakes the first time they failed to reach my resources. I jump on the ones with good loot when I can, so that leaves slim pickings when 'revenge' comes up.

That may be an important reason to avoid Retrace. But it costs you more as you level up.

Hell_Diguner

Postby Hell_Diguner » Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:01 am

I would rather jump on a good opportunity than wait on the chance that mission will come up - and risk loosing out on easy $, B, or whatever else I'm looking for. There are downsides to each strategy. I don't like the fact I have to choose between lesser evils just because of this one, randomly selected mission.

nighangel

Postby nighangel » Sat Dec 31, 2016 8:16 pm

i also dislike the revenge mission as well :(

Return to “GENERAL DISCUSSION”