My opinion about this pass update

Anything related to Hackers that doesn't fit in another forum
Roshi

My opinion about this pass update

Post by Roshi » Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:25 am

In my opinion the real problem with this game is not that the programs and nodes were unbalanced befor this passed update. It’s that there are no level caps stopping people from just leveling up one or two items to their max level for their core, and then level their core and repeat the process. By not leveling other nodes the players are able to keep their level low but have nodes and programs that are why higher than the norm for other player at the same level. Which can make the game appear the be unbalanced but in fact is just player getting and using high level items way sooner than what they should. The why most games fix this is by putting level capps on items and nodes like the core here is an example of what i mean.

(THIS IS JUST AN EXAMPLE NOT WHAT SHOULD BE USED)

Core 1 = No Minimum Level
Core 2 = No Minimum Level
Core 3 = No Minimum Level
Core 4 = No Minimum Level
Core 5 = Minimum level 15
Core 6 = Minimum level 20
Core 7 = Minimum level 25
Core 8 = Minimum level 30
Core 9 = Minimum level 35
Core 10 = Minimum level 40
Core 11 = Minimum level 50
Core 12 = Minimum level 60

What this would do is make it so someone can’t just level up just one or two items (Sentry & Beams…) and then just move on the the next core level. Keeping their overall level low so they just dominate over all the over players who don’t adapt to this play style.

Ps. one other thing that should be changed is searching for targets should not involve rep. all it’s doing is, One making it easy for players to hint the same person over and over, and Two making it harder for higher levels for find targets their own level. But if you take the rep out of the equation then player will see a lot more players and not just the some ones the stay around the same rep as them. With being able to see more players the odds of seeing the same people over and over is lower. Making it harder for someone to attack the same players multiple times within minutes. As well as encourage players to achieve higher rep.

legal

Re: My opinion about this pass update

Post by legal » Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:27 am

Roshi wrote:In my opinion the real problem with this game is not that the programs and nodes were unbalanced befor this passed update. It’s that there are no level caps stopping people from just leveling up one or two items to their max level for their core, and then level their core and repeat the process. By not leveling other nodes the players are able to keep their level low but have nodes and programs that are why higher than the norm for other player at the same level. Which can make the game appear the be unbalanced but in fact is just player getting and using high level items way sooner than what they should. The why most games fix this is by putting level capps on items and nodes like the core here is an example of what i mean.

(THIS IS JUST AN EXAMPLE NOT WHAT SHOULD BE USED)

Core 1 = No Minimum Level
Core 2 = No Minimum Level
Core 3 = No Minimum Level
Core 4 = No Minimum Level
Core 5 = Minimum level 15
Core 6 = Minimum level 20
Core 7 = Minimum level 25
Core 8 = Minimum level 30
Core 9 = Minimum level 35
Core 10 = Minimum level 40
Core 11 = Minimum level 50
Core 12 = Minimum level 60

What this would do is make it so someone can’t just level up just one or two items (Sentry & Beams…) and then just move on the the next core level. Keeping their overall level low so they just dominate over all the over players who don’t adapt to this play style.

Ps. one other thing that should be changed is searching for targets should not involve rep. all it’s doing is, One making it easy for players to hint the same person over and over, and Two making it harder for higher levels for find targets their own level. But if you take the rep out of the equation then player will see a lot more players and not just the some ones the stay around the same rep as them. With being able to see more players the odds of seeing the same people over and over is lower. Making it harder for someone to attack the same players multiple times within minutes. As well as encourage players to achieve higher rep.
Honestly I think this would fix a lot of the complaints about this game being so unbalanced at mid game to late game.
Username: Legal
Level: 48 (12/25/16)
Core: 12
Highest reputation: meaningless
Highest world rank: meaningless
Find me on my discord for help @ https://discord.me/unofficialhacker along with many other, high level players.

Sibernetika

Post by Sibernetika » Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:19 am

That would be nice but then everyone's network would basically be the exact same, throwing out some creative thinking
tH15 T3x7 i5 ju57 h3re 70 4NИ0y y0u :mrgreen:
01000001 01101110 01100100 00100000 01110011 01101111 00100000 01110111 01100001 01110011 00100000 01110100 01101000 01101001 01110011 00100000 00111011 00101001
send nudes

legal

Post by legal » Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:35 pm

Sibernetika wrote:That would be nice but then everyone's network would basically be the exact same, throwing out some creative thinking
No you would still have freedom to choice what you level and even what types of nodes. It be no different than now as most people have the same layout any ways choke point defense nodes then resources. So yeah no difference other than would not allow over powered players with one thing to level up and would actually balance the game as most people complain that a level 32 has 20 beams. It would stop that type of game play which is what most people complain about.
Find me on my discord for help @ https://discord.me/unofficialhacker along with many other, high level players.

Roshi

Post by Roshi » Wed Dec 21, 2016 8:05 pm

Sibernetika wrote:That would be nice but then everyone's network would basically be the exact same, throwing out some creative thinking
With the why the game is now all you have to do is max out Sentry and full up your network with low level nodes. So if you think everyone leveling up the same node is creative thinking then this game must be the most creative thing on earth.

Sibernetika

Post by Sibernetika » Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:53 pm

I have attacked many networks some with several sentries some with one some with many mines and some with none, heck some with 3 scanners, and some with not a single one.. Networks at the moment vary a lot, some are min maxers and some play it right, some people farm the low lands of rep and some want to climb... If they are going to lock the level system then they better through rep value out the window as well, because really having a min maxer at low and mid level rep brackets mean they are abusing the rep system to affect their target algorithm as well
01000001 01101110 01100100 00100000 01110011 01101111 00100000 01110111 01100001 01110011 00100000 01110100 01101000 01101001 01110011 00100000 00111011 00101001
send nudes

legal

Post by legal » Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:59 pm

Sibernetika wrote:I have attacked many networks some with several sentries some with one some with many mines and some with none, heck some with 3 scanners, and some with not a single one.. Networks at the moment vary a lot, some are min maxers and some play it right, some people farm the low lands of rep and some want to climb... If they are going to lock the level system then they better through rep value out the window as well, because really having a min maxer at low and mid level rep brackets mean they are abusing the rep system to affect their target algorithm as well
For starters You have to have at least one mine, and second most accounts are dead, the active players bases are almost always the same. Doing this model actually would have the same variety as you are saying. The only difference is they would not have end game nodes at level 32 like some people i know. It would also stop level 30s complaining they get hit by people with high level beams that walk thru thier bases. Now I am sure I have most likely hit more people than you and seen many many types of bases. Puting a level cap on it is no different than them linking something like data bases to core level and program levels to evolver. So I call bs on your statement, all this would do is stop the abuse of leveling one item to end game status and make people actually have to play fairly.
Last edited by legal on Thu Dec 22, 2016 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Roshi

Post by Roshi » Thu Dec 22, 2016 12:01 am

Sibernetika wrote:I have attacked many networks some with several sentries some with one some with many mines and some with none, heck some with 3 scanners, and some with not a single one.. Networks at the moment vary a lot, some are min maxers and some play it right, some people farm the low lands of rep and some want to climb... If they are going to lock the level system then they better through rep value out the window as well, because really having a min maxer at low and mid level rep brackets mean they are abusing the rep system to affect their target algorithm as well
well with what i proposed it will not affected what node someone has or the why they they are used. It will only affected the max level of those nodes can be with in a level range... and the way the game is now rep is pointless and it should be removed.

Jaystar

Post by Jaystar » Thu Dec 22, 2016 12:12 am

legal wrote:
For starters You have to have at least one mine, and second most accounts are dead, the active players bases are almost always the same. Doing this model actually would have the same variety as you are saying. The only difference is they would not have end game nodes at level 32 like some people i know. It would also stop level 30s complaining they get hit by people with high level beams that walk thru thier bases. Now I am sure I have most likely hit more people than you and seen many many types of bases. Puting a level cap on it is no different than them linking something like data bases to core level and program levels to evolver. So I call bs on your statement, all this would do is stop the abuse of leveling one item to end game status and make people actually have to play fairly.
Seriously legal, all the posts I see are you and Roshi bi*ching about the game. If you don't like the game then why are you still here and playing? You only seem to make this game balance for YOU and no one else.

There are stoppages to min/maxer, it requires databases and mixers to level up, core and evolvers are needed too. Additionally, the farming takes ages. I only managed to get my lvl 21 sentry when I was early 40s. My beam just got to 21 when I was 47. It's a tough grind you know. I even had to take 9sec for a day to avoid 1/2 titans that I know can take down my network.

You make it sound like it's easy to min/max. It requires dedication, few hours of hardcore farming and strategic planning. If you didn't min/max certain things while you know it's the most advantageous way to stay ahead, then I can only say you are IGNORANT. Life is never fair, there are always way to get ahead of others. And if you "balance" the game to restrict as much as possible, then you might as well not play this game.
IGN: Emperor.Jaystar
[C12] [LV60]
Current Occupation: Terminated Account

Sibernetika

Post by Sibernetika » Thu Dec 22, 2016 5:11 am

Actually in or to further level up later one I would have to level my lvl one choke point just to further up in the levels, forcing choke points in a network to become weaker
send nudes