Wiki Translation Mission!

Anything related to Hackers that doesn't fit in another forum
Luminaar

Re: Wiki Translation Mission!

Postby Luminaar » Mon Dec 26, 2016 3:24 pm

Luminaar wrote:
janopsik wrote:Now i can focus to help with the translatono of the wiki :)
What can i do can you bring me in ;)
Absolutely ;) Grats on getting the game files finished, and hope you've been having a good time over the holidays :)

There's about 56 articles on the Wiki ready for Polish so far. http://hackersthegame.wikia.com/wiki/Ca ... d_-_Polish
Turns out there's only 54 pages - a couple have been done already :D Anyways, the spreadsheet link is back active again, for folks to update with completed articles, translation queries and any other questions.
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that can read binary, and those that cant.

Luminaar

Postby Luminaar » Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:43 pm

Am still looking for assistance with the Indonesian and Malaysian in-game and game-related names! Assist your fellow countrymen, help them find the knowledge to crush their enemies.

I need 56 words/phrases, half of which can be copied from what you already see in-game. Don't make me use Google Translate! :P

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that can read binary, and those that cant.

50ul50c13ty

Postby 50ul50c13ty » Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:54 am

Luminaar wrote:Am still looking for assistance with the Indonesian and Malaysian in-game and game-related names! Assist your fellow countrymen, help them find the knowledge to crush their enemies.

I need 56 words/phrases, half of which can be copied from what you already see in-game. Don't make me use Google Translate! :P

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0

Requesting permission to be the Commander Of Malaysian Language

Luminaar

Postby Luminaar » Thu Dec 29, 2016 1:34 pm

50ul50c13ty wrote:Requesting permission to be the Commander Of Malaysian Language
Sure thing! If you could put the Malay in-game names of programs and nodes into the sheet, then make a translation of anything that's left, that would be great! Let me know if you need any assistance :)

50ul50c13ty

Postby 50ul50c13ty » Thu Dec 29, 2016 2:59 pm

Luminaar wrote:
50ul50c13ty wrote:Requesting permission to be the Commander Of Malaysian Language
Sure thing! If you could put the Malay in-game names of programs and nodes into the sheet, then make a translation of anything that's left, that would be great! Let me know if you need any assistance :)

I'll translate from Head-To-Toe. BTW I gonna need some communication medium so that I can send those translations to you with ease because I have no idea on how to edit the Wikia Page

Luminaar

Postby Luminaar » Thu Dec 29, 2016 3:07 pm

50ul50c13ty wrote:I'll translate from Head-To-Toe. BTW I gonna need some communication medium so that I can send those translations to you with ease because I have no idea on how to edit the Wikia Page
You won't need to head over for Wikia edits just yet. :) If you're around now, I'll head over to the spreadsheet with you right now and have a chat :D If not, I'll send you some other links.

EDIT: Done, thanks! Will get those pages on the way later today!

50ul50c13ty

Postby 50ul50c13ty » Thu Dec 29, 2016 3:43 pm

Luminaar wrote:
50ul50c13ty wrote:I'll translate from Head-To-Toe. BTW I gonna need some communication medium so that I can send those translations to you with ease because I have no idea on how to edit the Wikia Page
You won't need to head over for Wikia edits just yet. :) If you're around now, I'll head over to the spreadsheet with you right now and have a chat :D If not, I'll send you some other links.

EDIT: Done, thanks! Will get those pages on the way later today!

My Pleasure. Always glad to help

Luminaar

Postby Luminaar » Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:40 am

Just a quick note for anyone helping with the translations:

You may have noticed that some of the spreadsheet cells that were oringinally translated have been changed. These changes have been made to mirror the in-game terms that are used, to help players find information on the Wiki. It is in no way an indication that the original translation was incorrect. :)

I've left a few messages on the spreadsheet regarding pending changes, to page names and a few other things. Likewise, if you spot a cell name that differs from the in-game version, please let me know in the messages *before* changing the cell (otherwise I'll not notice and the article will remain unchanged ;) )

Once all the pages are created, I'll be able to assist other languages by translating table data, (once one of the tables are completed for me to copy from :D ), to speed translations along. Any translated headers would be a bonus :)

Great stuff so far - keep it up!!

Chris98

Postby Chris98 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:25 pm

Too bad I do not know any foreign language good enough to make a translation. I myself always use https://www.translateshark.com/french.html for my French classes. Perhaps, you should use professional’s translation too. It is much better than machine one.

Luminaar

Postby Luminaar » Fri Dec 30, 2016 3:50 pm

Chris98 wrote:Perhaps, you should use professional’s translation too. It is much better than machine one.
While I have no doubt of the difference in quality of translations between a professional and a machine, the Wiki is a community run project, with absolutely zero funding for external services. :D While TricksterArts have been very generous to translators and quality contributors, information on there is added in the spirit of being helpful and informative for like-minded folks. Created by players - for players, if you will :)