Wiki Translation Mission!

Anything related to Hackers that doesn't fit in another forum
Luminaar

Re: Wiki Translation Mission!

Postby Luminaar » Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:57 pm

Second Language down - Bang Bang!! Line 'em up boys, who's gonna be next? :D

Wiki pages that YOU can help get started: 58 Words or less required.
Brazilian, Indonesian, Japanese, Turkish.

Wiki pages that are ready for translation: Wiki Language Pages.
Bulgarian, Chinese(Traditional), Czech, French, German, Italian, Polish, Portguese, Russian, Spanish.
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that can read binary, and those that cant.

Luminaar

Postby Luminaar » Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:56 pm

Progress on German and Russian translations are coming along nicely, thanks to our contributors. :)

Want your language represented in the Wiki? Then get involved! This is a community based project that needs YOU to help by translating it into other languages. Help out your fellow countrymen by contributing new information or deciphering the information that is already there!
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that can read binary, and those that cant.

Luminaar

Postby Luminaar » Sat Mar 04, 2017 2:03 am

Thank you for the recent Romanian submissions. Romanian pages are now live on the Wiki are ready for translation!

Duffman123

Postby Duffman123 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:18 am

Luminaar wrote:==TOP SECRET ==

Your Mission, should you choose to accept it:
Help get the Wiki translated by completing the following and translating English Wiki Page names (and eventually other pages!) to other languages.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... 152Yg/edit

This message will self destruct in 5 ... 4 ....

Already translated a page to Spanish, very entertaining, lol
Ice Bear Was Here...
Hackers Nick - Duffman123
Reputation - 400/450
GG!

Luminaar

Postby Luminaar » Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:04 pm

Duffman123 wrote:Already translated a page to Spanish, very entertaining, lol
Aye, I did spot one of your edits on the Wiki. Thanks! The spreadsheet is a little out of date, as not everyone used it. The idea of it is to help yourself, and others, keep track of which pages are completed or in progress. The % completion totals just help fuel a little friendly competition similar to the Hackers Leaderboard ;)

And no, it won't self destruct. It was originally planned to, but i forgot the semi-colon in the "boomsize:wtf;" parameter.

happy days

Postby happy days » Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:33 pm

Nice work guys, administration should give u a reward for your great efforts and kindness. I like that people r still not all selfcentre a massive thanks on my behalf to all of u. Not much help to me personally but thanks thanks and THANKS again

Taiwei

Postby Taiwei » Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:25 am

Luminaar wrote:...And no, it won't self destruct. It was originally planned to, but i forgot the semi-colon in the "boomsize:wtf;" parameter.

Hmm. HTML? Or what coding language is that
Edit : CSS?
[Insert uncreative signature here]

Actually, you can join our discord, where questions will be answered with 24hours, here is the join link for you:

www.discord.me/hackersmobile

Taiwei

Postby Taiwei » Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:28 am

happy days wrote:Nice work guys, administration should give u a reward for your great efforts and kindness. I like that people r still not all selfcentre a massive thanks on my behalf to all of u. Not much help to me personally but thanks thanks and THANKS again

You know what? You have just created a wiki from scratch, in English then more languages, then more, then a wikipedia page! Just for this developer that in sure you haven't met in person.

Actually, you can join our discord, where questions will be answered with 24hours, here is the join link for you:

Luminaar

Postby Luminaar » Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:42 am

Taiwei wrote:
happy days wrote:Nice work guys, administration should give u a reward for your great efforts and kindness. I like that people r still not all selfcentre a massive thanks on my behalf to all of u. Not much help to me personally but thanks thanks and THANKS again
You know what? You have just created a wiki from scratch, in English then more languages, then more, then a wikipedia page! Just for this developer that in sure you haven't met in person.
Very kind of you to say :) The wiki is very, very much a community effort! Trickster created the Wiki, and a handful of people (including myself) filled out the original blanks and put in the foundations, but the nitty gritty details of most pages, and every single peice of translated material are contributions from forum members, and people on FB and Discord groups. My name it only on most of it because I made the edit :P

The wikipedia page was made from scratch though. :)
Taiwei wrote:
Luminaar wrote:...And no, it won't self destruct. It was originally planned to, but i forgot the semi-colon in the "boomsize:wtf;" parameter.

The coding language is PHP. The intended effect was to be something like this (including the maniacal laugh! :twisted: )

Taiwei

Postby Taiwei » Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:35 am

Luminaar wrote:
Taiwei wrote:
Very kind of you to say :) The wiki is very, very much a community effort! Trickster created the Wiki, and a handful of people (including myself) filled out the original blanks and put in the foundations, but the nitty gritty details of most pages, and every single peice of translated material are contributions from forum members, and people on FB and Discord groups. My name it only on most of it because I made the edit :P

The wikipedia page was made from scratch though. :)
Taiwei wrote:

The coding language is PHP. The intended effect was to be something like this (including the maniacal laugh! :twisted: )

You can do that in php? Wow I thought just JavaScript or HTML iframe tag.