Up a Creek Without a Paddle (Account Reset?)

Anything related to Hackers that doesn't fit in another forum
Natsumi

Up a Creek Without a Paddle (Account Reset?)

Post by Natsumi » Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:31 am

I've gotten myself into a bad predicament with the game where my virus is not strong enough to take on enemy networks. I either spend too much on walls and shockers to break through chokepoints and end up losing because worms can't beat sentry's anti-virus, or too much on offensive programs and can't get through the chokepoint to begin with.

In addition, it seems impossible to defend my own base. My antivirus isn't strong enough and it's become a pain to watch replays and realize there's nothing I can do, layout wise, to defend my base. This leads to the desire to upgrade and build my base up, but my resources get stolen so often that it's impossible to save up and upgrade.

My only solace lies in developing stealth hacks, but even then it's a game of losing reputation, and I've worked hard to get that. I don't want to be sent back to the low 100s or double digits because I developed my base the wrong way, and it's impossible to shift more of a focus towards effective virus and antivirus because of the intensity withwhich I'm hacked and cannot hack.

I'm asking if I can either have my profile reset or the ability to make a new one because the game has lost all joy because of this dead end. I can't defend and I can't attack, and because of that I can't progress.

Hackercritic

Re: Up a Creek Without a Paddle (Account Reset?)

Post by Hackercritic » Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:33 am

Don't really see a point in restarting your network. You will spend more time going back up from level 1 to wherever you are now meanwhile your other opponents would have levelled up even more.

Vnasty

Post by Vnasty » Sat Dec 10, 2016 5:50 am

just re adjust your attack programs and go from there, end game you need to max everything anyways we all make mistakes

rep has no purpose so your protecting something that has lil to no value

I dropped down 600 rep yesterday to see if anyone had any good resources to hack and it took me 3 hours to gain 750 rep after I looted some decent networks

your doing it right but you think its wrong keep playing

you don't need a reset, this game has peaks and vallys

Vnasty

Post by Vnasty » Sat Dec 10, 2016 5:56 am

there is no point in defense early game spend your money leave an empty wallet and upgrade your resources programs you said you can hack but at the cost of rep so hack and gain resources

your entire "lifes work" in this game I can achieve and throw away in a few hours and gain it all back, you need to lvl up son and keep playing a reset is gonna leave you right back to where you are now