What do you like and dislike about Hackers?

Anything related to Hackers that doesn't fit in another forum
Trickster
Site Admin

Re: What do you like and dislike about Hackers?

Postby Trickster » Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:47 am

PotatoBucket wrote:Sorry for wasting your time if this didn't help you.

Not at all! Feedback is important. If I read over and over again that people are not able to find REBUILD button for instance, I will make it a priority and find a better solution.

Nijmegen

Postby Nijmegen » Tue Sep 27, 2016 8:55 pm

I dislike the fact that you can lose credits. I dislike that ALOT and gives me 0% motivation to keep compiling programs and attack other networks. I'm at level 10 now and all i've done is collecting and upgrading and i'm not planning to attack and stuff anytime soon because it's just not worth it at all if you lose them anyway and get back to 0. Just time and coin waste :/

if only it would only be able to gain credits

LadTy

Postby LadTy » Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:16 pm

Nijmegen wrote:I dislike the fact that you can lose credits. I dislike that ALOT and gives me 0% motivation to keep compiling programs and attack other networks. I'm at level 10 now and all i've done is collecting and upgrading and i'm not planning to attack and stuff anytime soon because it's just not worth it at all if you lose them anyway and get back to 0. Just time and coin waste :/

I'm not sure I follow. Many people confuse credits with regular money though, so that might be the source of you problem?
You cannot loose Credits, noone can take them away from you, they are only spent for speeding up things and for purchasing Skins when you reach high enough reputation. These do not 'magically disappear' or are not 'stolen' from you. Money and B-Coins are, not Credits.

BTW before any hack, you can see how many resources are on the target network, both from the world map when selecting targets, as well as before the actual hack itself. That way you can easily know whether the hack is worth attempting or not. Usually it is if you know you can win, buy hey, thats up to you to decide.
11100000111O10000000001O10000000001O00010001000O00000100000O00000010000O00001000000O00010000000O10000000001O10000000001O11100000111

Nijmegen

Postby Nijmegen » Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:55 am

LadTy wrote:
Nijmegen wrote:I dislike the fact that you can lose credits. I dislike that ALOT and gives me 0% motivation to keep compiling programs and attack other networks. I'm at level 10 now and all i've done is collecting and upgrading and i'm not planning to attack and stuff anytime soon because it's just not worth it at all if you lose them anyway and get back to 0. Just time and coin waste :/

I'm not sure I follow. Many people confuse credits with regular money though, so that might be the source of you problem?
You cannot loose Credits, noone can take them away from you, they are only spent for speeding up things and for purchasing Skins when you reach high enough reputation. These do not 'magically disappear' or are not 'stolen' from you. Money and B-Coins are, not Credits.

BTW before any hack, you can see how many resources are on the target network, both from the world map when selecting targets, as well as before the actual hack itself. That way you can easily know whether the hack is worth attempting or not. Usually it is if you know you can win, buy hey, thats up to you to decide.

I meant the hands or the things from the global leaderboards. Replace that word. I dislike the fact you can lose those. Because playing a game for a leaderboard is common but it doesn't make sense to me if you just end up at 0 again if you dont attack for like a day or something...

Trickster
Site Admin

Postby Trickster » Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:57 am

Nijmegen wrote:I meant the hands or the things from the global leaderboards. Replace that word. I dislike the fact you can lose those. Because playing a game for a leaderboard is common but it doesn't make sense to me if you just end up at 0 again if you dont attack for like a day or something...

That is a fair point, the other option we discussed during development was much worse though. If you would not lose any Reputation (this is how we call it) it would grow to infinity and it would be almost imposible for newer players to reach ranks of the more experienced ones.

Armageddon

Postby Armageddon » Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:52 pm

I like the concept. It does need a social aspect though as I posted about in my topic about "clans".
My in game name is Armageddon

Silken

Postby Silken » Sat Oct 01, 2016 1:36 pm

Well I've been playing for a couple of days, so it's too early for an in-depth likes and dislikes post. However, I wanted to say what a beautiful looking game you guys have produced. Your other game (Heros of Many) looks stunning as well and will probably be brought soon.

I just wanted to also comment on these types of games in general and the reason I normally leave. There are two main reasons - training times and pay to win.

Training times - basically if i pick up my ipad, I want to be able to play for a while without massive training times. I see your top training time is 30mins, I hope this is the cap. Games are no fun when you have to wait hours for 'troops' 'programs' unless you pay.

Pay to Win - Reputation does (at the moment) seem balanced between levels. I.e you get to the top based on time spent in the game and not just on having the highest level base. I hope this continues.

I really like the fact that you can buy skin and cosmetics. I really hope you guys get the revenue you need, without spoiling the game.

Finally, would like to see some form of chat and alliances. My idea on alliances would be to band together and take on big companies and government bodies (similar to your training AI). So as an alliance we can raid against the NSA for example and as a reward get a 'new' piece of software not on the security market. Only alliances who have completed the raid can get the software.

I would also like to see a story-line, like a threat level introduced. So if you hack the NSA, as an alliance, they issue a threat level and all your funds are frozen (cash and b-coin). You then have to hack a bank to unfreeze your accounts. i.e a storyline to the raids.

Anyway, awesome game so far.
Silken
Level - 54
Reputation Status Update - Farming is Dead :o

Jesaul

Postby Jesaul » Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:28 pm

The biggest problem that will cost you a lot of active players is the absence of coins storage facilities.
When I need to spend several hours to collect for example 2k bk at level 12 this means I need to be constantly online without closing the application. Because in 3 high level players hacks it will be literally gone.

You insert to much pay2win and this will bite you in the end.

Armageddon

Postby Armageddon » Sun Oct 02, 2016 1:06 am

Jesaul wrote:The biggest problem that will cost you a lot of active players is the absence of coins storage facilities.
When I need to spend several hours to collect for example 2k bk at level 12 this means I need to be constantly online without closing the application. Because in 3 high level players hacks it will be literally gone.

You insert to much pay2win and this will bite you in the end.

Jesaul, I do not mean to sound rude in anyway, but I beleive the problem you are having is simply your defense is not that good. I am level 9 ( level isn't a huge factor), and I have 426 reputation right now. My storage is at 2k B-Coins, 66k cash, and I have no problem saving either currency without spending money. If you know how to hack properly and how to build a good Anti-Program defense, there should be no problem saving up currency while not having to play constantly. Just upgrade your B-Coin Mine to level 5 and you will be set with a good amount everytime you log in. I wouldn't label this game as pay2win at all, I would simply just learn how to better my strategic gameplay (btw, this game is a strategy game) and so I can climb the leaderboards without having to play 24/7. I love playing strategy games and this one is very VERY unique and I see how it can be difficult. But without hardships you never learn.
My in game name is Armageddon

krill

Postby krill » Sun Oct 02, 2016 7:47 am

i've been playing this game for about a week now i think, and i absolutely love it. i'm not even that good at it, and am doing my best to learn as much as i can, but i can't speak highly enough of it. i've played games like CoC or Empire in the past, and i can definitely see why people have posted similarities to this game. in my opinion, there's nothing wrong with using a successful model, especially when you are able to add something as fantastic as the specifics of this game.

i'm not sure i have much that i dislike about the game at all. unless you count having to wait for things to finish upgrading or compiling. to me, of course, that's simply part of the game, but i do wish there was a way we could do something in game to help speed up those wait times, without having to part with credits. (I don't have a suggestion for this, just putting it out there in case anyone else feels the same)

i enjoy the different single player storylines a lot, even if it feels like they take me forever to get right. if there's any suggestion i'd have (and i really don't... i love this game, and am so grateful to everyone involved in it); it would only be this: please create some more single player storylines for us to get involved with. especially when we reach that inevitable plateau when code gates appear and we don't yet have the battering ram.

but mainly.. thank you so much to Trickster, the beta testers, and everyone here who has taken the time to help people like me learn more about the game. i apologise to anyone who has come across me in-game, and been subjected to my novice attacks, but i do really look forward to the game becoming more social with in game chat/alliances or factions, and maybe even the group attack targets like NSA as someone said earlier. this game has started so well, and as long as p2p doesn't outrank f2p; this is going to be around for a long time. and that's great news!