What do you like and dislike about Hackers?

Anything related to Hackers that doesn't fit in another forum
PerseVerAnce

Re: What do you like and dislike about Hackers?

Postby PerseVerAnce » Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:53 am

Cthulhu wrote:My only dislike about this game, and I think it could possibly be fixed in an update.

Scenario: Search in world to find potential target. Review the 5 given, select target based on total currency. I use 20 out of the 30 seconds to develop a strategy, manually disconnect before 30 runs out, does not count as a loss, compile programs and engage.
--OR--
What sometimes happens:
When I select target to develop strategy, before their network is brought up I get the red flashing "Wi-Fi" symbol and brought back to my home screen. I go back to world to see their name isn't there and look under "Hacks" to see that their name is there counted as a loss on my part. Why is this??

The time that the disconnect took place was still less than 30 seconds so I think that ANY type of disconnect, whether wireless or manual, should not be counted as a loss. This really irritates me and I hope there is a fix in the future.

I didn't notice this at first, but now that I'm trying to climb reputation and it's -16 reputation per loss, it can definitely be annoying. 1 DC and 5 hack worth of reputation is gone when it's not even my fault.

It happens once every other day or so, which is not too bad, but still very annoying when it does happen.
Level 61
Highest Rank Achieved: Elite
Youtube https://www.youtube.com/c/PerseVerAncee

Vnasty

Postby Vnasty » Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:10 am

Love the game

Dislike all the kids crying and a asking for handouts or un realistic expectations or changes

Euro_man

Postby Euro_man » Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:17 pm

I absolutely HATE that I am constantly attacked by people 10-18 levels higher than me.

It takes ages to get enough resources together to upgrade stuff in the level 30 range yet I am being chain raped by people so much higher than me meaning I literally never manage to get resources together for an upgrade unless I spend real currency. Now I do not mind spending real currency but literally on every upgrade is stupid and not what I was expecting.

I mean seriously WTF is the use of your rating system when you can just stealth lose a lot and then abuse the lower level players? And when I search for people in my level range I see maximum 200k/7k resources available.

You gotta fix this or find a working solution because this system is catered for a very small minority and this will not sustain itself forever...

PerseVerAnce

Postby PerseVerAnce » Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:46 pm

Euro_man wrote:I absolutely HATE that I am constantly attacked by people 10-18 levels higher than me.

It takes ages to get enough resources together to upgrade stuff in the level 30 range yet I am being chain raped by people so much higher than me meaning I literally never manage to get resources together for an upgrade unless I spend real currency. Now I do not mind spending real currency but literally on every upgrade is stupid and not what I was expecting.

I mean seriously WTF is the use of your rating system when you can just stealth lose a lot and then abuse the lower level players? And when I search for people in my level range I see maximum 200k/7k resources available.

You gotta fix this or find a working solution because this system is catered for a very small minority and this will not sustain itself forever...

What level and reputation are you at? Personally, I have never seen a player more than 12 levels above me.

Regardless, if you are having trouble with defenses, the NETWORK ARCHITECTURE board might be a good place to start viewforum.php?f=10 .
Level 61
Highest Rank Achieved: Elite
Youtube https://www.youtube.com/c/PerseVerAncee

Euro_man

Postby Euro_man » Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:08 am

PerseVerAnce wrote:
What level and reputation are you at? Personally, I have never seen a player more than 12 levels above me.

Regardless, if you are having trouble with defenses, the NETWORK ARCHITECTURE board might be a good place to start viewforum.php?f=10 .

Currently at 39 and was around the 1000 rep mark a day or 2 ago. Now sitting at 600, probably because I have 3 defensive nodes upgrading so I am really vulnerable.

I get attacked by really high levels on a very regular basis.

happy days

Postby happy days » Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:58 am

Games great,
love the strategy play,
finding massive loot,
hacking dumpers and high lvl players who like to bully u by repeat hits.
Dislike that the games going to stall out I mean become stagnant soon enough, people have spent a lot of time on it,
really doesn't have a balanced playing field, which tests if u really have good D/O skills, it will come but only near the end of the game when lots of people r maxed out.
Should have more surprises in it monthly or something, keeping it happy and fresh for players, eg like your new year one
Noticed loads odds people r struggling at the top end, I'm ok but not nice for them bit of a downer I would say, u should try and address it for them, u know customer is king

e1a00000

Postby e1a00000 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 2:16 pm

The devs

Aldie

Postby Aldie » Sun Apr 02, 2017 5:49 pm

Search is WAY TOO expensive. When you burn over a million and can't find either one you can do and or one that doesn't lose resources just attacking. Searches show me people way to big for me or not worth hitting. Love the game (much) but this might well ending not playing anymore. Much to my disappointment!

happy days

Postby happy days » Sun Apr 02, 2017 6:53 pm

Hi Aldie, sorry to hear your disappointment in the game it is a hard game and when u get stuck it feels frustrating, but hang on in there it will change I'm sure, u just need to wait it out till u get the programs to take the big guys on, if I can help then private message me and I'll do my best, what lvl r u?

graceinc

Postby graceinc » Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:03 am

Like the game, new to it but i feel dejected when i cannot hit players who are too huge for me.