What do you like and dislike about Hackers?

Anything related to Hackers that doesn't fit in another forum
happy days

Re: What do you like and dislike about Hackers?

Postby happy days » Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:58 pm

Aldie wrote:Happy days. I am level 37 and searches are 16000.. my searches consistently turn up lvl 39 and above, I have even seen lvl 50 pop up more often than not. That's a huge gap and basically unplayable.

It happens to me too a lot but it's better then before when it was the other way around, players much higher could hack u eg lvl 60 on a lvl 39 etc. The ones that call themselves the founding fathers or OG, u see them complaining on here a lot. Yeah I find the music in here real dead beat, most of the time I have it turned off.

PerseVerAnce

Postby PerseVerAnce » Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:36 am

PerseVerAnce wrote:I'm still relatively new to the game, only level 26, but I been liking it a lot so far.

I really like the strategic element of the game in particular. Gets me consistently analyzing replays, comparing other people's network, and constantly thinking about how to improve my own network.

I don't actually mind the wait time all that much, for now at least. I used to play MMOs, so I can easily relate the wait time to something like grinding. Except it is essentially doing it for me instead of needing me to be there wasting time killing the same mobs over and over, so it's a huge plus. Also, the wait time basically lets me take quick breaks in between doing work.

I see a lot of people complaining about imbalance of getting hacked by higher levels, and I'm assuming this is because I'm only level 26? So far, I heard everyone say that reputation isn't well balanced, and it's better to just keep it low. So that's what I been doing so far, and I haven't ran into any problems at all. I'll report back if it gets worse at higher levels though!

Although I guess to be fair, if it really is a problem (which I can't confirm personally), keeping reputation low shouldn't be the go to strategy. Maybe add some incentive to get higher reputation? At the moment, all you get is unlocked skins. Except you don't exactly unlock them, you just unlock the privilege of paying for them... Which brings me to another point, wouldn't it be a better monetization strategy to just let anyone buy skins regardless of reputation? And then you can make the reputation unlock skins for free as long as they keep that reputation or something, which adds a bit of incentive to reputation too.

The only thing that I don't really like right now, is how disconnections are treated. It seems to be that basically once you disconnect, you just don't get anything from the hack. And this has happened to me a few times, and it's really annoying when I do a huge hack, then disconnect and get nothing. A lot of games give you a time window to reconnect. Could something like that be implemented for Hackers?

Another thing is sometimes I do something like queue up a bunch of programs, I'll lag, and then my queue just suddenly doesn't count. I can accept that this may happen, but the problem is that it fails silently. So I'll come back 20 minutes later, and discover that nothing was queued. Since this is a mobile game, there's no wired connection. Is it possible to be a bit more lenient with the internet connectivity?

Aside from that, great game so far! Will update again when I get to a higher level.

I'm level 40 now, here's an update as promised.

Most of the things that I've said at level 26 still remains the same.

The disconnection problem seems to be a bit better now though. Not sure if placebo effect, or if the devs made some improvements. But it's a welcomed improvement either way.

With regards to the imbalance, I think the main issue is that it's really easy to make a mistake in this game, but once you make a mistake, there's no way to undo it. I think it would be nice to have a way to undo an upgrade you did and get the exp/level removed.

The reputation rewards are welcomed. Although I feel they are pretty worthless unless you are at a super high reputation, which is a bit problematic. I dislike how difficult it is to climb reputation. One person hacks you and you need to hack 10 people back to make up for it. I suggest making the reputation ranges dynamic to allow a percentage of the population at all times, as opposed to being a static value. Because right now, not a single person is at 3k reputation, which is the reputation needed for Elite.

I dislike the UI/UX. More than once I clicked the wrong node by accident, or removed my Protector when I meant to remove my ICE Wall, or overwrote my Blaster/Shocker by accident, or misinterpreted which nodes are connected to which, and so on. This is a mobile game where things are already hard to see and stuff is already hard to click. So the UI/UX is especially important.

Aside from that, it's still a great game!
Level 61
Highest Rank Achieved: Elite
Youtube https://www.youtube.com/c/PerseVerAncee

happy days

Postby happy days » Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:17 am

Good going lvl 40 what rep u on now? How's it over at Antarctica?

PerseVerAnce

Postby PerseVerAnce » Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:24 am

happy days wrote:Good going lvl 40 what rep u on now? How's it over at Antarctica?

I'm #11 on the leaderboard now apparently, 2167 Reputation as of this post, lol.

Antarctica is #19 in the world, while Canada seems to have stayed mostly the same since I left at #26. So it's been going pretty well. Interestingly, Russia is #1 currently, but no one from Russia is in the top 5, and there's only 4 people from Russia in the top 50. Whereas there are 8 people from Taiwan in the top 50, and 3 of them are top 5. But Taiwan is only #4.
Level 61
Highest Rank Achieved: Elite
Youtube https://www.youtube.com/c/PerseVerAncee

happy days

Postby happy days » Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:40 am

World Rank is including number of players and frequency of play that's why is Russia is No1 and Taiwan has 8 in top 50 and 4th

11th hey moving on up, nice who's the top five now?

dooshbag

Postby dooshbag » Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:53 pm

1 if you have a certain amount of rep you can repetitively attack people without retracing
2 in a few hours you can be attacked any number of times meaning you can lose millions of dollars overnight
3 higher level protectors are invincible, with their high protection and the 7% regen rate no defenses can keep up
4 high level beams way to powerful to same leveled defenses
5 players can face people over 20 levels above them, for example im lv 35 but i face a level 57

PMiner

Postby PMiner » Mon May 01, 2017 5:31 pm

Dislikes: why don't you get notified when someone attacks you?
And: why can people who didn't update their game attack me? I can't see the replay, and I need to know how they got past my defenses.

Great game overall! Love what you guys have done so far, just a few complaints. ;)

graceinc

Postby graceinc » Wed May 10, 2017 11:45 am

PMiner wrote:Dislikes: why don't you get notified when someone attacks you?
And: why can people who didn't update their game attack me? I can't see the replay, and I need to know how they got past my defenses.

I would say the same.

leapdr

Postby leapdr » Fri May 12, 2017 5:30 am

Trickster wrote:We would like to make Hackers as enjoyable as we can. Let us know what are your feelings about the game so far, so that we can make decisions on our priorities to improve it. Many of you sent us notes through the ingame report, we read every single one of them. There is usually feedback on details and bugs, it would be great to hear some overall feedback.

What do YOU like and dislike about hackers :?:

Really Liked the game!! No Dislikes for the meantime...
Runs almost 7 hours from my bluestack, hehe..

Here's my suggestion:
Maybe you could add another mode for the game? Some kind of group mode or whatever you call it where players/hackers can establish a wide connection with their combined nodes? At the same time can be attacked by another group of hackers with their hacking programs??? Or maybe this isn't a good idea at all. Haha.

Happy Coding guys.. :)

PMiner

Postby PMiner » Fri May 12, 2017 5:33 am

leapdr wrote:Maybe you could add another mode for the game? Some kind of group mode or whatever you call it where players/hackers can establish a wide connection with their combined nodes? At the same time can be attacked by another group of hackers with their hacking programs??? Or maybe this isn't a good idea at all. Haha.

i think some mode of cooperative play would be nice, but i think this method would be too chaotic.