What do you like and dislike about Hackers?

Anything related to Hackers that doesn't fit in another forum
Trickster
Site Admin

What do you like and dislike about Hackers?

Postby Trickster » Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:45 am

We would like to make Hackers as enjoyable as we can. Let us know what are your feelings about the game so far, so that we can make decisions on our priorities to improve it. Many of you sent us notes through the ingame report, we read every single one of them. There is usually feedback on details and bugs, it would be great to hear some overall feedback.

What do YOU like and dislike about hackers :?:

Fantöm

Re: What do you like and dislike about Hackers?

Postby Fantöm » Sat Jun 11, 2016 12:38 pm

I will complete this message often probably, but I start now:

¤What I like :
- I really like the game in overall, and at least this game is an original CoC-like (thank god not a Copy Paste!).
- I love the Stealth attacks, that is a really cool and useful feature you've added to the game, that makes in itself the game original.
- I don't really know what to say, the game just needs a few tweeks to be given a 5 stars.

¤What I don't like :
- The fact you can get hacked many times in a row? It doesn't really bother me actually, but sometimes you can lose a lot of money because of this. But since I hack like that too .. :P
- When you check your log and you've been hacked many times by the same person, if you use the retrace option, you can't do it as many times as he hacked you. (was that clear?)
- The Kraken.. Oh well, not that annoying since I can defend against it half of the times, but it needs a nerf imo (check that subject)
- Talking about programs, I would add a bit more delay to the Ice Wall (maybe 0.75s) ; even if it costs quite a bit, it's quite easy to use for the space slots it takes (2).
- As well, do something about the Shuriken. It needs a buff, it really is/seems unused and this program has some good potential!
- Something we can't really do anything about, but the lack of players. I hoped this good game could have a bit more Beta testers ! (that's not an IG problem)
- That can count as improvement, but I can't wait till the next update that features the replay! And we may add as well some clans/tournaments for the best hackers? (in a while, that's not necessary yet)
Away until (at least end June but maybe) mid July, so hack me :D and leave a message :)
EDIT : I am actually leaving this Beta, good luck for the devs and have fun hacking!

Trickster
Site Admin

Postby Trickster » Mon Jun 13, 2016 6:47 am

Thanks Fantöm.

Fantöm wrote:- The fact you can get hacked many times in a row? It doesn't really bother me actually, but sometimes you can lose a lot of money because of this. But since I hack like that too .. :P

I can tell you this will be fixed hopefully soon. We are working on better search algorithm that will less likely return players who have been hacked too many times recently.

Aladeen

Postby Aladeen » Mon Jun 13, 2016 12:23 pm

first of all, i LOVE this game.

I agree with Fantöm:
-add some clans/tournaments for the best hackers? (not for the best, but for all)
-The fact that you can get hacked many times in a row (my problem is that you get hack by a level much greater than yours, i'm 27 and get hacked by 37 (Barrosaurus) there is no point in that). It should be -+(4-5) of your level

i would suggest:
-change ice-wall : i'm in level 4 and if i upgrade this, from 60B it will be 90B (50%) and the Buffer size goes from 600 to 660 (10% very low)
-Give us more info IN THE GAME about complile programms, what do, what not to do, etc....(i don't know what portal does....)
Aladeen,
beta hacker lvl 30+

Vyshnav Ramesh

Postby Vyshnav Ramesh » Tue Jun 14, 2016 5:48 pm

Hello Developers,
DISLIKES:
1. I strongly feel bad because I have been getting hacked by the same person for more than 10 times in a row for a month now. This cost me around 50k cash and 2000k beta coins loss for each of his hack. My network was secured most of the time still I could retrace him only once.
2. The game crashed on 3/4 occasions when I clicked on the CONNECT button for hacking others and restarted automatically. This cost me all the programs complied for hacking and the opponent too since the game shows FAILED in hacking that particular opponent. This is also something to be taken care of.

2. Loved the stealth attack
3. Planning of uploading tutorials

Fantöm

Postby Fantöm » Tue Jun 14, 2016 6:11 pm

Vyshnav Ramesh wrote:2. The game crashed on 3/4 occasions when I clicked on the CONNECT button for hacking others and restarted automatically. This cost me all the programs complied for hacking and the opponent too since the game shows FAILED in hacking that particular opponent. This is also something to be taken care of.

Um, weird. I mean that this is unlikely (not saying you're not telling the truth!) because when you connect and don't display any programs down, the only thing you lose is your reputation, and when you check your log, nothing will be displayed in the program used section.
You can use this if your hack is going bad and that you don't care if you lose some hacking reputation, well just close completely the app, and your programs are still up and unused.
Away until (at least end June but maybe) mid July, so hack me :D and leave a message :)
EDIT : I am actually leaving this Beta, good luck for the devs and have fun hacking!

Trickster
Site Admin

Postby Trickster » Tue Jun 14, 2016 6:58 pm

Vyshnav Ramesh wrote:DISLIKES:
1. I strongly feel bad because I have been getting hacked by the same person for more than 10 times in a row for a month now. This cost me around 50k cash and 2000k beta coins loss for each of his hack. My network was secured most of the time still I could retrace him only once.
2. The game crashed on 3/4 occasions when I clicked on the CONNECT button for hacking others and restarted automatically. This cost me all the programs complied for hacking and the opponent too since the game shows FAILED in hacking that particular opponent. This is also something to be taken care of.

Fair enough, both of these are high on our todo list. We will definitely look into these.

Vyshnav Ramesh

Postby Vyshnav Ramesh » Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:10 pm

Thankyou

Vyshnav Ramesh

Postby Vyshnav Ramesh » Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:23 pm

@Fantom
"This cost me all the programs compiled for hacking" -> by this, I meant "This cost me all the programs compiled for hacking A SPECIFIC GUY". Sry I missed those last words. I usually take screenshots of my opponent's network and plan the number of hacking programs accordingly and finally reconnects into his network and start hacking, which indirectly means the programs compiled for 1 particular opponent is pretty much useless for me for hacking another guy (though they are there and not lost).

Fantöm

Postby Fantöm » Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:43 pm

Vyshnav Ramesh wrote:@Fantom
"This cost me all the programs compiled for hacking" -> by this, I meant "This cost me all the programs compiled for hacking A SPECIFIC GUY". Sry I missed those last words. I usually take screenshots of my opponent's network and plan the number of hacking programs accordingly and finally reconnects into his network and start hacking, which indirectly means the programs compiled for 1 particular opponent is pretty much useless for me for hacking another guy (though they are there and not lost).

Gotcha! Stalker ;)