What do you like and dislike about Hackers?

Anything related to Hackers that doesn't fit in another forum
Jaystar

Re: What do you like and dislike about Hackers?

Post by Jaystar » Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:20 pm

legal wrote:
Jaystar wrote:
legal wrote:I do not like that they nerfed shocker with out any warning's I would of never leveled that piece of crap up if I would of know they would nerf this program to nothing more than support. It is total crap now and didn't level up another program to takes it place. I would of never leveled it up if I had know they were going to nerf so much. I lost 2 seconds on it and that is just to mid level, it isnt even worth leveling now. Complete bs all it is good for now is just allowing protector to regenerate which I would of leveled instead of this piece of crap of a program if I know you were going to do that. I want a refund for all the time and credits to it took to level it up. So for those that are leveling up shocker do not it is waste of time and resources you only need 1 level now because 10 levels is completely useless
Stop whining, I have a lvl 11 shocker and I did not lose 2 seconds (I only lost 1 second). Level 1 lost 1 second from 4 sec to 3 sec so every level after that is affected... I believe very high level (18-21) lost from 2-4 seconds. However, this is not a bad nerf to shocker. Shocker is still as effective as before. Just imagine you lose -2 levels of progress compared to before.

The big nerf that I want to emphasise is the beam + shocker combo....
It is the beam nerf that affects this combo the most. The added 0.5 seconds to change target and the lower damage means that even if you have very high shocker, your damage output wouldn't be high enough to steamroll through an entire network without defences. Before Wakaka and co. can easily shock through my network and used a bare minimum icewall to get through. Now they have to use decent icewall or protector to protect their beams and progress....

I believe this is a good nerf to balance out the current meta. No one deserves to be steamrolled by beams and shockers....
All they did with beams is take away the buff they gave it when the game first came out. Coming from you who who whinned ever time someone used shocker on your network I knew you would be happy about this, so not surprised at all as this update effect you in no way. You were asking them to nerf both of them because you were getting wrecked. Not surprised Now shh no one was talking to you at all. I do not talk to people that lie. If you want to talk to me come to my discord oh wait you can't.

As for the beam nerf does not effect me in the slightest, I think they should of nerfed it more.
At the end of the day, you are full of salt. Anyway, you will never get through my network with your current program level. Go spend more money on credits. I thought you are loaded with cash....
IGN: Emperor.Jaystar
[C12] [LV60]
Current Occupation: Terminated Account

Sibernetika

Post by Sibernetika » Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:24 pm

I'm starting to question legals age and wondering if he really is "legal" to do things.. Like have a drink... Maybe the should have one.. Might calm down and act less childish
tH15 T3x7 i5 ju57 h3re 70 4NИ0y y0u :mrgreen:
01000001 01101110 01100100 00100000 01110011 01101111 00100000 01110111 01100001 01110011 00100000 01110100 01101000 01101001 01110011 00100000 00111011 00101001
send nudes

legal

Post by legal » Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:27 pm

Sibernetika wrote:I'm starting to question legals age and wondering if he really is "legal" to do things.. Like have a drink... Maybe the should have one.. Might calm down and act less childish
oh how sweet i ignored jay so had he one of his lackeys make a comment predictable. Considering I have no clue who you are and you clearly have no clue who I am I do not think you can judge me in any way that will effect me bye.
Username: Legal
Level: 48 (12/25/16)
Core: 12
Highest reputation: meaningless
Highest world rank: meaningless
Find me on my discord for help @ https://discord.me/unofficialhacker along with many other, high level players.

Sibernetika

Post by Sibernetika » Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:40 pm

See what I mean, just because myself and jay have similar views I'm suddenly his lacky :roll: I'm willing to bet the whole world is out to get you isn't it.. Anyway making a thread to address your problem with the nerf would have been better of than posting in this thread
tH15 T3x7 i5 ju57 h3re 70 4NИ0y y0u :mrgreen:
01000001 01101110 01100100 00100000 01110011 01101111 00100000 01110111 01100001 01110011 00100000 01110100 01101000 01101001 01110011 00100000 00111011 00101001
send nudes

e1a00000

Post by e1a00000 » Sat Dec 24, 2016 10:28 am

Sibernetika wrote:I'm starting to question legals age and wondering if he really is "legal" to do things.. Like have a drink... Maybe the should have one.. Might calm down and act less childish
I had a problem with legal too, and he sounds more 14 than 40. Lol.

e1a00000

Post by e1a00000 » Sat Dec 24, 2016 10:33 am

Jaystar wrote:
legal wrote:
Jaystar wrote:
Stop whining, I have a lvl 11 shocker and I did not lose 2 seconds (I only lost 1 second). Level 1 lost 1 second from 4 sec to 3 sec so every level after that is affected... I believe very high level (18-21) lost from 2-4 seconds. However, this is not a bad nerf to shocker. Shocker is still as effective as before. Just imagine you lose -2 levels of progress compared to before.

The big nerf that I want to emphasise is the beam + shocker combo....
It is the beam nerf that affects this combo the most. The added 0.5 seconds to change target and the lower damage means that even if you have very high shocker, your damage output wouldn't be high enough to steamroll through an entire network without defences. Before Wakaka and co. can easily shock through my network and used a bare minimum icewall to get through. Now they have to use decent icewall or protector to protect their beams and progress....

I believe this is a good nerf to balance out the current meta. No one deserves to be steamrolled by beams and shockers....
All they did with beams is take away the buff they gave it when the game first came out. Coming from you who who whinned ever time someone used shocker on your network I knew you would be happy about this, so not surprised at all as this update effect you in no way. You were asking them to nerf both of them because you were getting wrecked. Not surprised Now shh no one was talking to you at all. I do not talk to people that lie. If you want to talk to me come to my discord oh wait you can't.

As for the beam nerf does not effect me in the slightest, I think they should of nerfed it more.
At the end of the day, you are full of salt. Anyway, you will never get through my network with your current program level. Go spend more money on credits. I thought you are loaded with cash....
Shields scale to match defend dps output, and in general does not last much longer as you level it up assuming you hit the appropriate target. Shocker is a hard set freeze that permanently gets stronger as you level it.
Tbh shocker can never be balanced as is. It is either too weak or op depends on the level. Just my 2cents. I agree that it needs a nerf, just wanna quote you since I don't wanna directly quote the man-child.

pop

Post by pop » Tue Dec 27, 2016 3:34 pm

Dunno the mechanism behind this, but been getting hit like 4x by same person who's way over my level and just using me as a bank now it seems. I did notice slight issues after most recent update where I could see retrace for stealth only hacks, and retrace the same person on my log 3x in a row without the button being disabled (that last piece seems to have been adjusted in last couple days, but this constant retrace from a user I specifically make sure to not even retrace back to ensure I'm not in their list is leaving me sore in all the wrong places).

Ranakastrasz

Post by Ranakastrasz » Fri Dec 30, 2016 9:14 pm

The worst thing is the 30 second countdown before you are forced to hack or lose the target. Plus they can counterattack. I have put the game down while it was open and wasted a target, or accidently closed it.
Just remove that part of the timer.

Second worst is that there is no easy way to stop a stealth hack at the last second to avoid backtracking. An option to instantly disconnect at 3599 visibility would help.

Last issue is that when backtracing, you can't see how much loot you will get without opening it up, and it kicks you back to the main menu when you cancel, forcing you to find the next one on the list after reopening the menu.

I really liked the 2^x values for bitcoins, at least until it was dropped after the first few levels.
I love the way you can setup the network yourself, which directly determines how your defence goes.

The variety of programs and nodes is a good balance. All are unique, and overlap is limited. Multiple ways to achieve an effect but often a specific program is best.

The reader files are amusing, but I wish you could send messages to the people who left you messages.

Hell_Diguner

Post by Hell_Diguner » Sat Dec 31, 2016 8:53 am

pop wrote:Dunno the mechanism behind this, but been getting hit like 4x by same person who's way over my level and just using me as a bank now it seems. I did notice slight issues after most recent update where I could see retrace for stealth only hacks, and retrace the same person on my log 3x in a row without the button being disabled (that last piece seems to have been adjusted in last couple days, but this constant retrace from a user I specifically make sure to not even retrace back to ensure I'm not in their list is leaving me sore in all the wrong places).
Hey pop, you recently stealth hacked me and you failed to disconnect before the detection bar hit 3600. Entering the brute force phase like that will let your victim retrace you. If you and this other person repeatedly retraced each other, then he got lucky once using the normal search, that explains your situation.
Hell_Diguner - C12L39, Had C12L29 (world record), Shuriken main
DiaboliExMachina - C12L38, Worms+Maniac main
CaptainDavyJones - C12L39, Beams main, will eventually be Kraken main

Kharon

Post by Kharon » Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:20 pm

Player Statistics:
Hacker Name: Kharon
Country of Origin: United States
Level: 40
Core Level: 9
Highest Reputation: 1250
Current Reputation: 257

- Strategically stimulating both offensively and defensively.
- Diversity of offensive programs allows for marvelous complexity.
- Availability of Credits for patient users who do not wish to buy in-game currency.
- Variety of objectives and rewards (i.e., Money vs. B-coins vs. Reputation).
- Relatively inexpensive skins and rewards for reaching modest level reputation.
- Versatility of building threads for upgrading multiple nodes at a time and/or a selected node at a faster rate.

Dislikes:
- Inability to scrimmage against your own network in a sandbox mode.
- Lack of transparency regarding attack priority during network building phase and brute force hacks.
- Guardian/Gate bug with projectile-style offensive hacks (see http://hackersthegame.wikia.com/wiki/Guardian in comments).
- Debilitating compilation costs of some upgraded programs (e.g., Wraith).
- Extreme fall-off of stealth hacking at higher levels.

Suggestions/Ideas:
- Include an option to scrimmage against your own network to test your defenses (i.e., White Hat Mode).
- Enhance UI to visually indicate attack priority when selecting a node.
- Reduce scaling on upgraded compilation price for some programs, especially Wraith/Portal.
- Consider somewhat reducing scaling/effectiveness of scanners at high levels.

Closing Thoughts:
Hackers is easily my all-time favorite phone-based gaming app, and I commend Trickster Arts for creating such an enjoyable game. It's a very easy game to pick up, mess around with, and enjoy on a casual level ... and yet it's also a great strategic outlet for more committed gamers on a smartphone platform. Gameplay varies tremendously at different levels, and players are rewarded for their ingenuity both offensively and defensively. That said, it's a work in progress that could use some quality of life improvements. I'm happy with the game in its current state, I look forward to seeing where Trickster takes the game in the future, and remember: "Everyone pays the Ferryman."