What do you like and dislike about Hackers?

Anything related to Hackers that doesn't fit in another forum
ang5trpg

Re: What do you like and dislike about Hackers?

Postby ang5trpg » Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:37 am

Not sure if this has been brought up yet, but a test mode would be awesome. Test mode would be you hacking your own base so you can check for weaknesses kind of thing. This game great

ang5trpg

Postby ang5trpg » Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:48 am

Co-op!! Very much yes to this.

Darkness wrote:[size=120]
Future plan suggestions:
1. Co-hacking mission? (2 players to hack a very large NPC base together, it will be a lot of fun of team playing)
2. If we have a clan, can we have a clan base to develop / contribute ?? (Maybe we can contribute our cash or B-coins to the clan / we use our own B-coins or cash to upgrade the clan base. (I am so excited about this concept!!! WOW!)
3. Hackers Mod (Moderators) challenge Mission (I mean: your staff can design a base of their own, and let all the players around the world to finish the challenge per season/ per month/ per week/ or over a period of times) (to increase the interaction between Staffs (Mods) and the communities. (for different levels of players) (The mission can be finished once only!!)
4. (Other than clans system) a Friend list (In-game messaging) (or maybe we could also share our recordings to each other???? other than recording the game and post it on Youtube??)
5. Friends to each other can have a "Practice Hacking Mode" to tries to hack your friend without gaining / losing any loots (Players can choose to keep the recording or not after viewing)
6. Players can bookmark a recording so that it can be kept forever even you're now 95 lv hacker , but a recording when you was 20 lv?? (A remove recording / bookmark system??)

Cuendilar

Postby Cuendilar » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:45 am

I wrote this in another topic but i feel it is more related to the "what i dont like" - section of this sticky:

Cuendilar wrote:Hey, i'm relatively new and naive player at lvl 28 and even i am seeing effects of strange balancing decissions. I deleted a few nodes to re-design my network, invested in farms because i didnt knew better and my program update strategy is questionable... and now, from time to time there are this rollercoaster players who basically faceroll my network with beams and shields only. And if i try to hack back, their network have NO farms whatsoever and defense nodes with levels far beyond anything i can possible swallow.

I find it concerning when a game offers so many different options to attack, defense and progress, yet you basically HAVE to concentrate on very few elements, pushing them to the absolute limit without any backlash. This is bad design and it is not fitting to what i saw until now. It limits your experience. Stealth is a joke, dataleech is a waste and you will never ever get out of your beamcannon/shield combo until very very late ingame. Our networks will more and more lack ressource generating nodes the more we get into late levels because more and more people slowly adapt to this mindset. Please, please @trickster: fix this somehow.

happy days

Postby happy days » Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:09 am

I agree Cuendiler mind set change is happening to those who pay more attention to the buzz topics and the game is not thought through properly.

Duente Zaibatsu

Postby Duente Zaibatsu » Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:59 pm

+ Very nice graphics, in a responsive UI.
+ Cool concept, with good implementation.
+ Several options to play by.

Neutral:
= Simplistic override system, that the Player cannot override.

Dislikes:
- The several options to play by are completely underwhelmed by the simplest META.
- The enemy range that may ttack you is significantly wide, with increasing levels of difference in power (attack and defensive)
- Necessary key Program(s), that you may not opt out of (Ice Wall / Beam Cannon)
- Uneven/unbalanced progression, with each upgrade hampering the player.
- Unplayability, when you choose non-META tatics.
- Long delays in gameplay sessions, either in a single match, or for long periods of time.

Mr_CPlusPlus_2.0

Postby Mr_CPlusPlus_2.0 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:16 pm

Mostly everything in this game is completely cool and amazing, its like the combination of chess, chemestry, tower defence, and the hacking, by the way im one of those they say "repclimbingsmurf" well i just let go of my reputation whereever it goes. I recently seen some networks that are abandoned, most of them are hacked repeatedly and also same with the other reviews. I only mentioned of this one cause i think its the best one that you can update to the game, a player's priority, every player wants to level up right? Some ranked hackers kept on seeing the same person on the map and then ahoy resources for him, since that the hacked network had no chance for upgrading anything especially the time when he almost got the chance to upgrade something and oh no. So he or she tends to leave the game. Retrace can be okay but how about reducing the chance of being found in the map by the hacker if he has hacked you for like ten times well it kinda hurts actually. 9sec is also good but how bout if you dont have enough credits. So maybe there are more priorities that you can add so that everyone can play without much pain. Oh and another, when the "unauthorized readme edit", shows up well im shocked about it somethimes maybe the others too. You may add an option if its gonna show or not or or and you may change how it shows up. So i wish the game update is better.

crack

Postby crack » Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:44 pm

Mr_CPlusPlus_2.0 wrote:Mostly everything in this game is completely cool and amazing, its like the combination of chess, chemestry, tower defence, and the hacking, by the way im one of those they say "repclimbingsmurf" well i just let go of my reputation whereever it goes. I recently seen some networks that are abandoned, most of them are hacked repeatedly and also same with the other reviews. I only mentioned of this one cause i think its the best one that you can update to the game, a player's priority, every player wants to level up right? Some ranked hackers kept on seeing the same person on the map and then ahoy resources for him, since that the hacked network had no chance for upgrading anything especially the time when he almost got the chance to upgrade something and oh no. So he or she tends to leave the game. Retrace can be okay but how about reducing the chance of being found in the map by the hacker if he has hacked you for like ten times well it kinda hurts actually. 9sec is also good but how bout if you dont have enough credits. So maybe there are more priorities that you can add so that everyone can play without much pain. Oh and another, when the "unauthorized readme edit", shows up well im shocked about it somethimes maybe the others too. You may add an option if its gonna show or not or or and you may change how it shows up. So i wish the game update is better.

Not all players wish to upgrade they r called MinMax crews they do this as it gets much tougher the higher u r in lvl costs, compile times, opponents, everything goes up at a ridious pace. That's y there r so many dead accounts this does not bother the devs as new players join daily unaware of the unfair game formats, the joke is on us.!! Then u have the search system which repeatedly shows u the same group of players creating anger on both sides hacked and hackers well some hackers not all.
Neither of these!!! Pay 2 Win /Smurf /Minmaxer :shock: Definitely these!!! 0$ dude/ TP/ RHG/Play by the ROE/Friendly/& an ass *donkey) lol

nocturnalbamf

Postby nocturnalbamf » Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:39 pm

I had no issues with the game until recently.

MY issues now are the pressure to utilize either smurfing or ghosting to climb the leaderboard. These 2 strategies are breaking the game as more and more people use them. I am an advocate to use these more to demostrate how they break the game. Searches aren't working properly since people remain online while AFK and leveling is pointless now since people can remain at low level, compile faster and beat higher levels on the leaderboard. The motivation to level is none existent.

Ghosting:As I was typing this post, my network was hijacked and I was able to log right back in and reset the 3 hour protection because the person only viewed my network. They didn't even attempt a hack. So the one person just ruined anyone's chance to actually try to hack me because he only viewed it. Anyone looking for a revenge hack now has to spam the retrace button for a total of 6 hours which is absurdly ridiculous for a game. And adjusting my sleep schedule to gain a better chance to actually hack someone is far from reasonable and anyone that implements this is.....well I think it goes without saying what it is.

Smurfing: How is it fair that a lower level person can appear to be better than me when he can't hack me and I can't hack him? How is far for the level 100+ to be beat by someone whose untouchable because they don't desire to level? Where is the motivation to get to the end game?

Alfatrion

Postby Alfatrion » Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:17 pm

Trickster wrote:What do YOU like and dislike about hackers :?:

What is there not to like about the game? It simple yet challenging. There is some room for improvement though. My top tip would be to make the netConnection the last requirement for a core upgrade, so that players first collect the money and only than have to collect another $100. Second, I would also change how the experience works. I would reduce the experience gained from farms and mines to 0 and return experience when nodes are deleted. I think this would result in a more level playing field. I would also like to be able to reset the account, because this would one allow to get a feeling for the game before they really start playing.

Nicodemus

Postby Nicodemus » Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:28 am

This game is marvellous. I'm disabled and mostly housebound so keeping my mind active is crucial. This game has proved to be an elegant and challenging experience. One of those rare occasions where I wish I could unlearn everything and start afresh repeatedly.

I agree with others that a "guild" like element would be interesting. Members would be able to test each other's networks and perhaps hack together in coordinated attacks. Guilds could pool resources to make central hubs of unprecedented size where communal funds and specialized programs could be compiled.

Thank you Trickster for a wonderful product.