Waisar

Reset acc

Postby Waisar » Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:59 pm

Hi. I don't remember how to play. So i want to reset my acc

Luminaar

Re: Reset acc

Postby Luminaar » Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:32 pm

Waisar wrote:Hi. I don't remember how to play. So i want to reset my acc
If you're looking for a refresher on how to play, the information here will get you up and hacking in no time!

If this isn't suitable for your needs, a network reset is certain possible. This can be initiated by sending an email to support @ tricksterarts.com. Please reference this forum post, and we'll bypass the refresher section :D
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that can read binary, and those that cant.

TheLurkingRage

Postby TheLurkingRage » Wed Apr 03, 2019 2:08 pm

Luminaar wrote:If this isn't suitable for your needs, a network reset is certain possible. This can be initiated by sending an email to support @ tricksterarts.com.

I'll ask it again cuz I don't remember the answer, why not just add an option to reset in-game? Like other games like CoD, Destiny, Minecraft and such have it.
First hacker to reach 4k rep.

TheLurkingRage A.K.A Azussa, RepRipper and more
Level: 95
Top Rep: 4.9k
Current Rep: 2.3k
Player since: January 2017
Inactive
Discord: https://discord.me/TheLurkingRage
YouTube:https://youtube.com/TheLurkingRage

Luminaar

Postby Luminaar » Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:39 pm

TheLurkingRage wrote:I'll ask it again cuz I don't remember the answer, why not just add an option to reset in-game?
Hackers is designed with giving players interactive and memorable experiences, many of which you only get to experience through playing the game. As you'll no doubt remember from the early stages, the game goes through quite a few different stages of gameplay at various network ranges (Early Beams, OP Stealth, OP Kraken, Code Gates and Cores on netConnections, etc etc) - players are rewarded for experiencing and learning through both the good and bad times. The game is also designed with losses being an acceptable part of gameplay, something which players aren't always willing to accept!

Being able to reset the game on a whim robs the player of many of the positive aspects of playing through the game. There are many play styles to evolve through and learn from, which would be missed if players could restart a fresh network after suffering a handful of losses, a tiny building error or chasing a perfect win/loss ratio. We do, however, realise that restarting a network is the only way forward for some players. This is why we still offer resets by request. :)
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that can read binary, and those that cant.

TheLurkingRage

Postby TheLurkingRage » Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:53 pm

Luminaar wrote:
TheLurkingRage wrote:I'll ask it again cuz I don't remember the answer, why not just add an option to reset in-game?
Hackers is designed with giving players interactive and memorable experiences, many of which you only get to experience through playing the game. As you'll no doubt remember from the early stages, the game goes through quite a few different stages of gameplay at various network ranges (Early Beams, OP Stealth, OP Kraken, Code Gates and Cores on netConnections, etc etc) - players are rewarded for experiencing and learning through both the good and bad times. The game is also designed with losses being an acceptable part of gameplay, something which players aren't always willing to accept!

Being able to reset the game on a whim robs the player of many of the positive aspects of playing through the game. There are many play styles to evolve through and learn from, which would be missed if players could restart a fresh network after suffering a handful of losses, a tiny building error or chasing a perfect win/loss ratio. We do, however, realise that restarting a network is the only way forward for some players. This is why we still offer resets by request. :)

I just find that logic flawed seeing as how you can't take a step back, but you can take a step forward with credits. Allowing the players to skip past those very important learning points through the use of credits defeats the entire purpose for not having a reset option. Make it cost credits if you must, but you can't have double standards on a matter that nets you money. That's more the style of EA.
First hacker to reach 4k rep.

TheLurkingRage A.K.A Azussa, RepRipper and more
Level: 95
Top Rep: 4.9k
Current Rep: 2.3k
Player since: January 2017
Inactive
Discord: https://discord.me/TheLurkingRage
YouTube:https://youtube.com/TheLurkingRage

Luminaar

Postby Luminaar » Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:05 pm

TheLurkingRage wrote:I just find that logic flawed seeing as how you can't take a step back, but you can take a step forward with credits. Allowing the players to skip past those very important learning points through the use of credits defeats the entire purpose for not having a reset option. Make it cost credits if you must, but you can't have double standards on a matter that nets you money. That's more the style of EA.
There's no net gain - at least, not by us! Purchases are also reinstated, allowing players to spend their credits again.

Return to “GENERAL DISCUSSION”