Change squid function on def

Anything related to Hackers that doesn't fit in another forum
Mchief

Change squid function on def

Postby Mchief » Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:15 pm

Short and simple the AI squid when on def appears to be all but useless . It randomly scans nodes and can by avoided with careful timings it never catches me when I'm attacking and my own has yet to have any meaningful effect on the outcome of an attack, unlike the hack and beetle it currently does not server any reliable purpose.

Suggestions

1. Squid moves much more slowly and has a radar like effect the node it's on has max scan boast while the next one over has 75% and the one past that 50%, will not stick with in 2 nodes of it's core

2 squid will install a "kraken" like program ( let's call it tendral) on any uninstalled nodes that are connected to it or a node with tendral on it that route back to the squids core vs the main core, it does this randomly every 3 seconds , any activity on an node with tendral causes x more vis cost, if you disable the squid core any vis it cost is refunded.

3 squid will attempt to eat any program in it's range , a successful consumption of a program costs the attacker the full vis cost while remove the program and any effects it may provide, squid can't consume programs that have allready removed themselfs or remove effects caused by said programs