Is Hackers dead?

Anything related to Hackers that doesn't fit in another forum
theintelligentboy

Is Hackers dead?

Postby theintelligentboy » Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:14 am

I stopped playing Hackers almost a year ago, when I kinda foresaw that this game was gonna die soon. My speculation was that the game lost its balance because of MinMaxers, its search algorithm was imperfect, its ranklist was totally messed up, it was receiving less and less updates, and the developers weren't paying the slightest heed to the community's advice & proposals. There were tons of other issues that were kept unresolved.

I just came here to check if the forum is alive somehow. And looks like the players I used to discuss with are no longer active here these days. And most probably they also retired from the game at some point.

The fact that bothers me is that this game could be one of the best multiplayer strategy games. The idea of Hackers was unique, the gameplay was unique and it was really one of its kind. But in such massive multiplayer games, the developers have to constantly listen to players community and have to adjust the game to fit the players' needs. And that's where Trickster Arts failed. This game reached 1M installations on Google Play Store within just six months, but could never reach 2M after almost two years.

I brought up several issues regarding the game back then. I warned the negative impacts that might come if those issues got unresolved. And seems like that's what happened, forcing most of the players to just stop playing.

Hackers had so much potential... :(

Luminaar

Re: Is Hackers dead?

Postby Luminaar » Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:33 pm

theintelligentboy wrote:I stopped playing Hackers almost a year ago, when I kinda foresaw that this game was gonna die soon...
Your foresight might have been a little bit off. :) While content came at a slower pace than we all expected, Hackers has still been growing and updating since your departure.

Most active players migrated to other chat rooms such as Discord or Facebook, as forums aren't really the fastest method of communication. While it's expected and understood that some of our more veteran players have had their fill of Hackers and moved on to different pursuits, a new generation of hackers are finding the game and making a name for themselves.

We read every single suggestion that has been made, and will continue to do so! :D Different players want different things from the game, and while we'd love to, it's impossible to give every single player what they want out of the game. That's not to say some of the ideas weren't great - there are a wide variety of reasons for something to not be included - but just because it hasn't been implemented doesn't mean it wasn't heard!

While we can't deny that Hackers has imperfections, we do listen to the thoughts of every player out there - not just those with the loudest voices or that make the biggest scene - and are still continuing to work on Hackers content while making it a fun and fair experience for all of our players. :)
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that can read binary, and those that cant.

theintelligentboy

Postby theintelligentboy » Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:31 pm

Luminaar wrote:we do listen to the thoughts of every player out there

Like you listened to this poor dude who wrote a whole proposal article just because he felt like Hackers could use some improvements.

http://forum.tricksterarts.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2319

You could at least acknowledge that you read his post :|

molchu

Postby molchu » Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:30 pm

Yeah lumi. Why don't you listen to my suggestions after this definitely very implicit statement at the start of the topic.
molchu wrote:THIS IS NOT A SUGGESTION IN ANY WAY!!!

and then people wonder why this game is dead....

disclaimer: this is satire

Luminaar

Postby Luminaar » Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:54 am

molchu wrote:disclaimer: this is satire
8-) 8-) 8-)
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that can read binary, and those that cant.

theintelligentboy

Postby theintelligentboy » Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:02 pm

molchu wrote:disclaimer: this is satire

LOL Its fine, you can be satirical. The irony is that not too many of hackers are left in this forum to join you :lol: