Totally unbalanced, & grumpy,,

Anything related to Hackers that doesn't fit in another forum
FurryEskimo

Totally unbalanced, & grumpy,,

Postby FurryEskimo » Mon May 28, 2018 9:28 pm

Months ago I picked up this game. It was a fun game about building and upgrading a base, and attacking other bases.

It drove me nuts how I’d wait weeks to gain enough money to upgrade my base, then get hacked four times as I walked home and loose all my money...

But I saved up for months, and have upgraded my base so much I almost never loose, and just upgraded some programs to rank 21!
But today I tried taking out a weak level 60 and discovered my level 21 virus couldn’t deal Any damage to the opponent’s firewall because of that repairing program!!
His base was literally impossible to beat!
How is this fair, balanced, or fun????
Should I have spent months upgrading a Different attack program????
And why is it seriously so strong???
A level 21 attack program should be able to beat this weak defense!!
One of these viruses and a few shields can beat an entire NPC base, but these viruses and everything else I had couldn’t even dent this defense.
I feel cheated, and I wanted to say that.

Luminaar

Re: Totally unbalanced, & grumpy,,

Postby Luminaar » Tue May 29, 2018 12:14 am

Grats on the solid base upgrades and the level 21 programs.

The new AIs have added powerful attacking and defending options for all players, but haven't been added to any NPC networks. This has had the result of widening the difficulty gap between NPC and player networks.

The AIs themselves have been balanced appropriately, with the offensive AI (and offensive programs in general) always being stronger than their defensive counterparts, but the team are keeping on eye on how the new AIs are performing, and will make adjustments where required. :)

New network additions will take players a little bit of time to learn how to counteract them. However, I'm sure it won't take players too long to adjust to the first wave of defensive AI tactics!
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that can read binary, and those that cant.

TheLurkingRage

Postby TheLurkingRage » Tue May 29, 2018 3:22 pm

FurryEskimo wrote:But I saved up for months, and have upgraded my base so much I almost never loose, and just upgraded some programs to rank 21!
But today I tried taking out a weak level 60 and discovered my level 21 virus couldn’t deal Any damage to the opponent’s firewall because of that repairing program!!
His base was literally impossible to beat!
How is this fair, balanced, or fun????
Should I have spent months upgrading a Different attack program????
And why is it seriously so strong???
A level 21 attack program should be able to beat this weak defense!!
One of these viruses and a few shields can beat an entire NPC base, but these viruses and everything else I had couldn’t even dent this defense.
I feel cheated, and I wanted to say that.

Mind posting a screenshot of your program levels and the network you failed to hack?
Last legitimate #1 ranked hacker.

TheLurkingRage A.K.A Azussa, RepRipper and more
Level: 95
Top Rep: 4.9k
Current Rep: 4.5k
Player since: January 2017
YouTube:http://www.youtube.com/user/TheLurkingRage

Mchief

Postby Mchief » Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:50 pm

Ok if the target had a really strong beetle AI you may not have had the right attack counter for it, the beetle is in essence an antibiotic beam cannon in function if you have active defence in place and only one attack program then that could in theory hold off a similarly leveled attack, this is however given with no knowlage of your actual hack attempt.

Few things of note, beam cannon while the easiest to use and upgrade is also the easiest to counter .

Shocker blocks natural node Regen.

Kraken if around the same level as gates/nodes can apply serious damage to a node and in some cases can drill through gates with out a ram.

Other than that we will need some more info to help further.