About The New AI System

Anything related to Hackers that doesn't fit in another forum
Excellion

About The New AI System

Postby Excellion » Tue May 15, 2018 7:50 pm

Hello

It seems that Hackers got a 'New Toy' called 'Artifical Intelligence'

Well, what I'm going to ask here is the fact that I have 'The Squid' means that I no longer need Scanners right? I mean, 'The Squid' is indeed superior in terms of effectiveness. The Sensitivity will still work even throughout the reviving duration right?

Luminaar

Re: About The New AI System

Postby Luminaar » Tue May 15, 2018 9:38 pm

Excellion wrote:Hello

Well, what I'm going to ask here is the fact that I have 'The Squid' means that I no longer need Scanners right? I mean, 'The Squid' is indeed superior in terms of effectiveness. The Sensitivity will still work even throughout the reviving duration right?
[Moved to General Discussion :)]

The Squid AI won't replace a Scanner outright. Not only can a network have just the one Squid AI (networks later may require multiple Scanners), but the focussed targeting of a Squid probably won't be enough to meet your stealth detection needs!

The sensitivity will work during reviving though - as long as the node isn't upgrading, AIs will function with their full stats during netowrk defence.
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that can read binary, and those that cant.

Excellion

Postby Excellion » Thu May 17, 2018 1:31 pm

And one more thing that I realized is that the revival cost is just keep increasing indefinitely

Luminaar

Postby Luminaar » Thu May 17, 2018 1:38 pm

If the Squid was able to use multiple level 21 "Wraiths" while only costing 250 B-coins, that would be rather overpowered!
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that can read binary, and those that cant.

Mchief

Postby Mchief » Thu May 17, 2018 7:58 pm

Excellion wrote:Hello

From my usage The squid will randomly move to nodes during stealth, if a program is installed on a node the squid is at it takes an additional vis hit equal to the squids reveal, it does not act like the scanner in that it does not hit ever node in range automatically. That said I believe it does stack with the scanner , however with out a guide I can't be certain.