Still takes to long to compile hanks after all this time....

Anything related to Hackers that doesn't fit in another forum
Barons

Still takes to long to compile hanks after all this time....

Postby Barons » Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:31 am

Hey folks,

I played this game for a bit when it first came out and got to around level 30 or something. Just enough to get my feet wet. Back then the game was new and it had a lot of potential and I was really excited about playing it. The community was making a big push to get the developers to stop making you wait 30 minutes in between attacks. However I couldn't keep playing it if it was only something I could do on occasion and I quit.

So today I downloaded the game again to see if they ever got around addressing the whole wait time thing. Nope it's still taking as long as it did way back then. It's really a shame too but I love the idea of this game and I wish it would have turned into something I'd enjoy playing and spending moment on. I'm just not a fan of the whole waiting is fun style of games. The community provided countless alternative ways of making money so I don't think it's greed but I don't know. I really liked this game and I hate that it turned out to be a wait or pay setup.

Anyways I hope it works out

TheLurkingRage

Re: Still takes to long to compile hanks after all this time....

Postby TheLurkingRage » Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:49 am

I too don't like the ridiculous waiting times in mobile games alike, but it's a mobile game - it's meant to be something you play on occasion. There is a way around this, however - credits. Yup, and you don't even have to buy them since you can just save up, hack efficiently and you'll be able to reduce the waiting time down to 5 minutes or even less between hacks. Not many people are aware of what it's like to hack properly or how to properly insta-compile programs, so many people literally stay waiting for 30+ minutes or waste like 10+ credits per hack and you could save yourself the trouble if you only hacked using the optimum strategy available for your programs and compile your set up accordingly as to not waste credits.

Here's a tip from what I'm talking about:
Insta compile your programs when the timer reaches 3:10 for 1 credit to maximize compile credits cost efficiency.
Alternatively, you can also use the following, less efficient times to insta compile should the programs you're compiling take longer and/or you're impatient:
5:17 for 2 credits
7:37 for 3 credits
10:06 for 4 credits
12:43 for 5 credits
15:28 for 6 credits
18:19 for 7 credits
21:16 for 8 credits
24:18 for 9 credits
27:26 for 10 credits
30:18 for 11 credits

If your compile times far exceed more than 30 minutes, then you're using way too many programs - no matter the net.
First hacker to reach 4k rep.

TheLurkingRage A.K.A Azussa, RepRipper and more
Level: 95
Top Rep: 4.9k
Current Rep: 2.3k
Player since: January 2017
YouTube:https://youtube.com/user/TheLurkingRage

Hell_Diguner

Re: Still takes to long to compile hanks after all this time....

Postby Hell_Diguner » Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:30 am

If your compile times far exceed more than 30 minutes, then you're using way too many programs - no matter the net.
This is a sign you need to rethink your program set, or upgrade your compiler, or upgrade your programs. And this is why programs like Portal and Maniac... and even stealth in general is ill-advised.
Hell_Diguner - C12L39, Had C12L29 (world record), Shuriken main
DiaboliExMachina - C12L38, Worms+Maniac main
CaptainDavyJones - C12L39, Beams main, will eventually be Kraken main