Core not fully downloaded but still hacked?

Anything related to Hackers that doesn't fit in another forum
jingjang

Core not fully downloaded but still hacked?

Postby jingjang » Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:48 am

Hi... Why is it that sometimes when an attacker hacked your core but not downloaded it fully the status of the attack is secured and sometimes hacked?? Cant get my head around it....as iam watching every single replay i saw this happening a lot of times...i presumed that status of the hack is hacked only when you get access to the readme file and thats possible only when core is fully downloaded...

Luminaar

Re: Core not fully downloaded but still hacked?

Postby Luminaar » Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:52 pm

jingjang wrote:Hi... Why is it that sometimes when an attacker hacked your core but not downloaded it fully the status of the attack is secured and sometimes hacked?? Cant get my head around it....as iam watching every single replay i saw this happening a lot of times...i presumed that status of the hack is hacked only when you get access to the readme file and thats possible only when core is fully downloaded...
You are correct in that access to the readme file is only possible when the Core has been fully downloaded. There are multiple ways to succeed at a hack however. Controlling all the nodes or taking all the available resources will also result in a successful hack. If any of the Win Condition "triangles" are displayed on the Security Log, then the network is considered "Hacked".

If the results of the hack on the Security Log differ to what was shown in the replay/network screen however, then that's an issue with the replayer. ;)
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that can read binary, and those that cant.