Stealth Hacks: Access Program Installation Time

Anything related to Hackers that doesn't fit in another forum
Luminaar

Re: Stealth Hacks: Access Program Installation Time

Postby Luminaar » Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:11 pm

SkyPort wrote:here you go, I uploaded the same files to youtube.
Thanks for the youtube links - these are by far the best option. Given various Hacker-related paranoias, it's always better to have a video on display rather than having to download them. :geek:

Anyways, on to the videos! 8-)

Everything looks to be as expected, as the Access program is taking 1 second to fully install in all situations apart from in https://youtu.be/qXdhfnfVvcA, where it was installed directly onto the Code Gate.

In some situations the attacker is selecting the next node in anticipation of the previous Access installing, but the node doesn't become Accessed until 1 second has fully transpired.

Installing Access directly onto a Code Gate will increase the installation time of Access based on the Filter % of the gate. This only applies to Access however. A Wraith will take 2 seconds to install on a Code Gate regardless of the level.

If something still seems amiss, give me a timeframe of a specific video to look at and we'll analyse it further.
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that can read binary, and those that cant.

Gravemind

Postby Gravemind » Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:16 am

I watched your videos and found that it was exactly the same thing I was talking about. The hacker simply clicked on the next node before the access had installed, and it was recorded that way. If you don't believe me, in your next hack, install an access program on a node and click on the next node without waiting for it to install. If you then replay your video, you will find that your access is seemingly taking less time to install as well.
Current reputation level : 0 - 500
Current experience level - 19
Favourite program - Data leech
Joined Hackers on - 28/10/2017

Hell_Diguner

Postby Hell_Diguner » Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:21 pm

SkyPort wrote:as this forum does not support video attachments I had to use a free file share website, There is no viruses and the files are in mp4 video format.

I just wonder how you are trying to help others and reply with something like this if you cant tell the difference between a virus and clean file.
Malicious code in fact can be embedded in mp4 files, and seeing how the "download now" button runs javascript instead of a direct link to said file, one has to dig through that script to to even know if it is indeed an mp4 file at all.

We (and the rest of the internet) trust youtube and imgur links. We don't trust links to some obscure file hosting website plastered with advertisements that try to get clicks by disguising themselves as download links :roll:

---

As for your question, I have only this to add to what the others have said: You don't have to wait for Access, or any other program, to finish installing before you select a different node. But of course, that doesn't mean the program installs any faster.
Hell_Diguner - C12L34, Had C12L29 (world record), soon to be a Shuriken main
DiaboliExMachina - C10L28, Maniac+Worms main
CaptainDavyJones - C9L21, Kraken main

SkyPort

Postby SkyPort » Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:06 pm

Thank you all for your answers, I do understand now why the counter clock does not finish the full circle as the player is clicking on the next node quickly it disapears, but I still feels that they take over the node faster :roll: maybe I am wrong with this feeling.

Cheers

Hell_Diguner

Postby Hell_Diguner » Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:26 pm

By selecting the next node preemptively, they reduce the delay from human reaction time for installing the next program. Perhaps they are installing stealth programs faster than you, but if so, that's only because you're not installing programs as fast as you could.
Hell_Diguner - C12L34, Had C12L29 (world record), soon to be a Shuriken main
DiaboliExMachina - C10L28, Maniac+Worms main
CaptainDavyJones - C9L21, Kraken main