Stealth Hacks: Access Program Installation Time

Anything related to Hackers that doesn't fit in another forum
SkyPort

Stealth Hacks: Access Program Installation Time

Postby SkyPort » Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:22 pm

Dear,..

I have noticed that when players attacks me using stealth attack, they are installing access program on my nodes so fast that the installation circle timing only fill to 1/4 or 1/3 max to take over the node :shock: , but when I do the attack it takes full installation time circle to take over the node even that my Access program level is higher than them :? !

Can someone explain why this happens :roll: ?

Appreciated.

M.

TheLurkingRage

Re: Stealth Hacks: Access Program Installation Time

Postby TheLurkingRage » Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:29 pm

You're going to have to take a closer look at those replays. Sounds like you're either confusing them clicking on the next node before the programs finish installing with the programs having an affect before they install, or you've encountered a previously unbeknownst glitch.
DEATH TO SMURFS! >:)

TheLurkingRage
Top Rank: #1 for nearly 2 months
Top Rep: 4.9k
Smurfed/minmaxed/exploited shield to reach top: Nope
Player since: Mid January
YouTube:http://www.youtube.com/user/TheLurkingRage

SkyPort

Postby SkyPort » Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:36 pm

TheLurkingRage wrote:You're going to have to take a closer look at those replays. Sounds like you're either confusing them clicking on the next node before the programs finish installing with the programs having an affect before they install, or you've encountered a previously unbeknownst glitch.

I did watched those replays again and again and thats why I came here to post this trying to find an explaination.

I am not clicking anywhere before finishing the installation whe I use access program.

Anyone ?

TheLurkingRage

Postby TheLurkingRage » Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:06 am

SkyPort wrote:
TheLurkingRage wrote:You're going to have to take a closer look at those replays. Sounds like you're either confusing them clicking on the next node before the programs finish installing with the programs having an affect before they install, or you've encountered a previously unbeknownst glitch.

I did watched those replays again and again and thats why I came here to post this trying to find an explaination.

I am not clicking anywhere before finishing the installation whe I use access program.

Anyone ?

Can you provide screenshots? A video would be preferable, if you can.

TheLurkingRage

Luminaar

Postby Luminaar » Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:07 pm

Copied from here. The original question was posed slightly differently.
SkyPort wrote:When I review the hacked video replay, I can see that some users install the access program into my nodes faster than I do when I use it even though I have a higher acess program level. Can you explain why this happens!
Each Access program takes a certain amount of visibility. This amount is multiplied by the sensitivity of any Scanner within range of the Accessed node.

Scanner strengths vary, and can increase the visibility cost of programs by more than 5 times the cost at max level. Scanners are limited to only being able to view nodes that are 3 steps away from itself. Be sure to check your replays for Scanner locations!

If you mean the literal time it takes, Access takes 1 second regardless of level. If Access is being installed faster than that, then the only thing I can think of is your replay speed is set at faster than 1x - this is shown in the top right corner. This does seem unlikely however - a video replay if you have one would enable us to take a closer look at what's happening.
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that can read binary, and those that cant.

Gravemind

Postby Gravemind » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:37 am

I think I know what has happened. It is exactly the same thing Rage was saying, only you didn't get him. Don't worry, you are not facing any problems at all.
When a player selects a node, installs an access program (or any program), he immediately selects the next node, without waiting for the program to install. He does this because he knows he has to act fast while using stealth.
The point is, when you replay the video, you are shown the video from the attacker's point of view. So when he is selecting another node, it looks like he is doing it before the program has installed, because that's how he originally did it. It is not a matter of you clicking the node, it is because he clicked the node earlier!
This, of course, doesn't mean the program installs faster. It would take the same amount of time to install.
I hope that helped!
Current reputation level : 0 - 500
Current experience level - 19
Favourite program - Data leech
Joined Hackers on - 28/10/2017

SkyPort

Postby SkyPort » Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:19 pm

Luminaar wrote:Copied from here. The original question was posed slightly differently.
SkyPort wrote:When I review the hacked video replay, I can see that some users install the access program into my nodes faster than I do when I use it even though I have a higher acess program level. Can you explain why this happens!
Each Access program takes a certain amount of visibility. This amount is multiplied by the sensitivity of any Scanner within range of the Accessed node.

Scanner strengths vary, and can increase the visibility cost of programs by more than 5 times the cost at max level. Scanners are limited to only being able to view nodes that are 3 steps away from itself. Be sure to check your replays for Scanner locations!

If you mean the literal time it takes, Access takes 1 second regardless of level. If Access is being installed faster than that, then the only thing I can think of is your replay speed is set at faster than 1x - this is shown in the top right corner. This does seem unlikely however - a video replay if you have one would enable us to take a closer look at what's happening.

plz check the 2 videos in below link, 1 for an attacker using the access program on my nodes and its taking over the nodes in almost no time while in the second video showing the replay for me using the access program in my attack and you will understand what I mean.

I hope to find the reason for this.

https://www.transfernow.net/994dj9k2soab

its not a matter of access program level, here is another vider showing another attacker with access program level 7 same like my access program level

https://www.transfernow.net/39fv97a9j899

here in below video showing my access program taking around 4 sec to take over code gate < 14 :(
https://www.transfernow.net/022ly2d99gdp

Regards.
Last edited by SkyPort on Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

SkyPort

Postby SkyPort » Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:20 pm

TheLurkingRage wrote:
SkyPort wrote:

Anyone ?

Can you provide screenshots? A video would be preferable, if you can.

Check above videos

TheLurkingRage

Postby TheLurkingRage » Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:37 pm

SkyPort wrote:Check above videos

Why do ya'll always use unconventional ways to share videos and images? For images use google images, imgur or upload them directly to your post and for videos we all prefer not having to download anything, so a link to a youtube video would be best. I don't know the site, so I won't download it specially cuz idk which button to press and what flavour or colour the virus will come in :lol:

TheLurkingRage

SkyPort

Postby SkyPort » Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:33 pm

TheLurkingRage wrote:
SkyPort wrote:Check above videos

Why do ya'll always use unconventional ways to share videos and images? For images use google images, imgur or upload them directly to your post and for videos we all prefer not having to download anything, so a link to a youtube video would be best. I don't know the site, so I won't download it specially cuz idk which button to press and what flavour or colour the virus will come in

This forum does not support video attachments I had to use a free file share website.

here you go, I uploaded the same files to youtube.

https://youtu.be/qXdhfnfVvcA

https://youtu.be/qnqf-v_-rMs

https://youtu.be/9IKBay6_bi4

https://youtu.be/l59RYQY0tCE
Attachments
PicsArt_11-09-02.23.20.jpg
PicsArt_11-09-02.23.20.jpg (69.58 KiB) Viewed 64 times
Last edited by SkyPort on Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.