What a Balanced Strategy Game

Anything related to Hackers that doesn't fit in another forum
Mchief

Re: What a Balanced Strategy Game

Postby Mchief » Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:26 am

Have to agree with lurk on this one, this game while fun is missing 2/3rds of itself in content and updates , as it stands there are basically two network types , those that min/maxed and those who followed the basic guide , built everything and now exist as some one else's money farm.

I will fully admit to being in the second group, I have 7 maxed generator nodes yet my defences are all now over 4m+ to upgrade yet I never get there , why because I have 30 extra levels on my card from the equipment that no real hacker would care about, seriously when was the last hacker themed show/game where everyone was shocked at how powerful and shiny the hackers web hosting service was........ No it's he's got this massive nuke program or lines upon lines of cyber defences.

The ironic kicker is removing the farms won't help, I allready have the xp and it won't go away , and upgrading is a bad idea, it just boosts my level that much higher.

So yeah fun game but saying it needs work is an understatement, I however understand that these things take time so have stuck around, dispute bleeding 2m+ a day I'm hoping some updates will come out sooner or later to fix these issues, till then I won't be buying any more credits, no point in buying them as every they can't get me out of this hole.

Hell_Diguner

Postby Hell_Diguner » Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:22 am

The reward for hacking a base is not closely correlated with its difficulty to hack. That is the fundamental problem. :ugeek:
Hell_Diguner - C12L34, Had C12L29 (world record), soon to be a Shuriken main
DiaboliExMachina - C10L28, Maniac+Worms main
CaptainDavyJones - C10L27, Beams main, will eventually be Kraken main

TheLurkingRage

Postby TheLurkingRage » Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:59 am

Hell_Diguner wrote:The reward for hacking a base is not closely correlated with its difficulty to hack. That is the fundamental problem. :ugeek:

The core problem to what? The overall balance of the game? How would the game determine how difficult a network is to hack? Node levels alone wouldn't be enough since the layout matters too. Generally speaking, it would indeed be better if the reward for hacking a network was tied to the difficulty for hacking it, but please explain what you mean with it being the fundamental problem to the balance of the game.
DEATH TO SMURFS! >:)

TheLurkingRage
Top Rank: #1 for nearly 2 months
Top Rep: 4.9k
Smurfed/minmaxed/exploited shield to reach top: Nope
Player since: Mid January
YouTube:http://www.youtube.com/user/TheLurkingRage

iblitxkreig

Postby iblitxkreig » Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:17 pm

Well said, but i don't play the game like you do. And I DO NOT want to reach end game. This is not how i play game. i like to play games for fun.. and min-maxing as you call it that you hate is fun to do. Taking away the versatile of the game makes player having to copy each other no matter what and having to be on the same page as everyone else. I dont find doing this one bit attractive nor fun. I like to play my own way, and no one going to tell me different.
iblitxkreig The MinMax King

Mchief

Postby Mchief » Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:07 pm

iblitxkreig wrote:Well said, but i don't play the game like you do. And I DO NOT want to reach end game. This is not how i play game. i like to play games for fun.. and min-maxing as you call it that you hate is fun to do. Taking away the versatile of the game makes player having to copy each other no matter what and having to be on the same page as everyone else. I dont find doing this one bit attractive nor fun. I like to play my own way, and no one going to tell me different.

I get the feeling that we all want the same thing, but are coming at it from vastly different angles, I believe the core problem is that's there simply is not enough options for network builds, the current setup gives little options from the two networks we mostly see, the has little miners but big def and programs or the has everything but can't defend with min/maxers being the high end of the first group. I still believe the best way to fix this would be core specializations , if a player is more passive and wants to progress by farming give him the capacity to make huge $ and be able to save some of it , this would make more targets for the aggressive hackers while not causeing the farmers to leave , if a player wants to stealth hack remove the option to use normal programs and boast vis time, if a player wants to focus of making an impenetrable fortress give him that option but require vault nodes that if captures have goodies in it .

In short the game is to focussed on one type of Network it needs to expand.

Darkness

Postby Darkness » Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:28 am

In CoC, there's no limit on level you can search for people.So, if you have 10k rep at 29 lv in CoC, you probably would search people at 100 lv.

This will stops the minmaxing lol....but this will also makes many people quit because of this~
In game name : Darkness
Level : 36

Join us at Discord@Hackersmobile
https://discord.me/hackersmobile

theintelligentboy

Postby theintelligentboy » Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:50 pm

You're the only one in the hall of fame who actually earned the title, without abusing the game. Thumb's up for that. :)

TheLurkingRage wrote:You've got rep dumpers and smurf minmaxers completely obliterating first time players, farming them for res and rep making it harder for them to progress.

That's the reason why Hackers isn't growing anymore. You can see, the install count on Play Store is indicating the same. Hackers is still bounded within 5M while plenty of other CoC copies released afterwords are having >5M installs.

This game is kinda stuck, and the developers don't seem to be interested to fix anything.

theintelligentboy

Postby theintelligentboy » Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:01 pm

crack wrote:Good idea about sentry thou

Maybe its a good idea, but TA has never (probably won't ever) listen to the user suggestions seriously.
That's their uniqueness. 8-)