Min/maxers level and rep abuse

Anything related to Hackers that doesn't fit in another forum
Sibernetika

Min/maxers level and rep abuse

Postby Sibernetika » Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:59 am

Seriously it has been discussed before but till today there has been no real feedback on any of this, some of us is even starting to wonder if there is anything being planned for updates at all.. But really now the rep system either needs a complete rework or be removed, we are starting to see people 20 levels above us due to the heavy rep influence in the search algorithm, and we are starting to appear on people's worldmap several ranks above us, mainly due to people staying in the lowest rep pool they could find, I'm climbing 3 rep per full hack but every single person that can hack me takes 20 to 32 rep on a successful hack on me.. These bases are min/maxer bases running with level 1 nodes core 12 and and sentry 21, something no bases on my level to take one, other than someone that also min/maxed

Im rep 1425
Level 36
Core busy upgrading to 10

Seriously something has to be done about low level riders and min/maxers purposely trying to stay low as possible to hunt in a brackets below their actual level

If you want to upgrade your network it needs to meet a certain minimum requirement of upgraded nodes, and a certain minimum required rep.. That way people will be forced to climb the rep ladder fixing the rep and min/maxer issues.

Rep should also be bracketed by level so there won't be any more people with level 2 accounts with 1700+ rep
tH15 T3x7 i5 ju57 h3re 70 4NИ0y y0u :mrgreen:
01000001 01101110 01100100 00100000 01110011 01101111 00100000 01110111 01100001 01110011 00100000 01110100 01101000 01101001 01110011 00100000 00111011 00101001
send nudes

TheLurkingRage

Re: Min/maxers level and rep abuse

Postby TheLurkingRage » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:18 am

Yup
DEATH TO SMURFS! >:)

TheLurkingRage
Top Rank: #1 for nearly 2 months
Top Rep: 4.9k
Smurfed/minmaxed/exploited shield to reach top: Nope
Player since: Mid January
YouTube:http://www.youtube.com/user/TheLurkingRage

Sibernetika

Postby Sibernetika » Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:25 am

Seriously this should become a main concern.. The game is loosing its charm.. Whole day of rep farming just to finally unlock all the skins, use my money buy one I like the most just for someone (really trying hard not to swear here and typing this seems to be helping) min/maxer to pop and obliterate all of that.. Like seriously I want to go to open my wallet and buy stuff but I can't because of your lack of fixing some of the glaring problems in the game of people keeping their rep and level as low as possible to target people below their actual bracket.
01000001 01101110 01100100 00100000 01110011 01101111 00100000 01110111 01100001 01110011 00100000 01110100 01101000 01101001 01110011 00100000 00111011 00101001
send nudes

Luminaar

Postby Luminaar » Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:43 pm

This sort of things happens whenever something is designed with flexibility. Dedicated players will always try and find a way to push things to breaking point :) I'm sure the game could easily constrict the options of a player!

Imagine something less flexible, where players could only find targets within 1 level or 50 rep of yourself. First, you'd get the complaints of "why can't I find anyone." :D If developers stood their ground though, eventually players would be "forced to climb" to where players are, same as mentioned below by enforcing specific node requirements. Developing the game with "network freedom in creativity" but severely constricting freedom in target selection seems silly. What good would a leaderboard be, for example, if everyone has to stay close in level/rep to be able to hack someone?

Same goes with the 3 hour shield, seeing players 20 levels above you, and things related to target availability. If shields didn't exist for example, targets around your player level would always be available! You'd never see players 20 levels above you as "Whippingboy37" would always pop up on your map. As players log on, become active, or receive attacks, the available player pool shrinks and the target selection adjusts. Which would cause more offence - having someone 20 levels above you pop up, or having no target show up at all?

There is a balance to be maintained of course, between giving players flexibility and room to create something different, while ensuring players still stay "in the same ballpark" so to speak. There's never going to be a utopian equilibrium however. :) Adjust targets by reputation, and players rep dump. Adjust targets by level, and players minmax. Adjust is by Core, Evolver, and any other suggested metric, players will adapt and abuse! :D

The team will keep adjusting weightings to find a balance for as many players as possible. There will always be someone at the extreme end of a spectrum though, be it the minmax, repgain/repdump or shield spectrum.
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that can read binary, and those that cant.

Sibernetika

Postby Sibernetika » Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:17 am

Fine then, but such networks is still too powerful having a network that reports as 25 but has that attack strength of a 35 and unless you brought 10 shockers with you there is nothing you can do to hack that network since the level 1 nodes is obliterated by the high level sentry.. Nerf it then.

Nothing stops you from building your network as tou please but the weak nodes can't push out such a powerful AV due to their program limitations effectively reducing the strength of the Antivirus also dead accounts should stop producing resources.. It will force the people out of the lower reps since there wont be resources
send nudes

Mchief

Postby Mchief » Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:45 pm

Sibernetika wrote:Fine then, but such networks is still too powerful having a network that reports as 25 but has that attack strength of a 35 and unless you brought 10 shockers with you there is nothing you can do to hack that network since the level 1 nodes is obliterated by the high level sentry.. Nerf it then.

Nothing stops you from building your network as tou please but the weak nodes can't push out such a powerful AV due to their program limitations effectively reducing the strength of the Antivirus also dead accounts should stop producing resources.. It will force the people out of the lower reps since there wont be resources

That and people are starting to find for lack of a better team glitched setups, I won't use the fullname here but for the last month "ib" has been our number one hacker, currently has over 10k rep and a network level of 29 , I have not seen this network so I'm guessing some sort of min/max setup .

TheLurkingRage

Postby TheLurkingRage » Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:25 am

Mchief wrote:
Sibernetika wrote:Fine then, but such networks is still too powerful having a network that reports as 25 but has that attack strength of a 35 and unless you brought 10 shockers with you there is nothing you can do to hack that network since the level 1 nodes is obliterated by the high level sentry.. Nerf it then.

That and people are starting to find for lack of a better team glitched setups, I won't use the fullname here but for the last month "ib" has been our number one hacker, currently has over 10k rep and a network level of 29 , I have not seen this network so I'm guessing some sort of min/max setup .

Lol there's nothing wrong with mentioning a player you're talking about. iblitx is indeed a smurf minmaxer (obviously) and his network mainly consists of a level 18 sentry, level 13 Code Gate and a level 10 scanner. Everything else is low leveled. The set up is by no means "glitched" as you put it, it's just strong for his level. No first time player would be able to take him on, in fact even other smurf minmaxers struggle to take him on and now with the ridiculous rep gap he's got, only those that climb just as high will be able to find him and hit him (supposedly according to his own tests). As for Siber, he did make a point we've all made before and that's how unbalanced the game is. You've got experienced players feeding on noobs exploiting the unbalance of the game to gain an unfair advantage over the rest of players and staying low leveled to avoid more powerful opponents. It really does sadden me how TA hasn't taken any action on this and to this day it's their biggest mistake - thinking that the game is indeed "balanced" and not doing anything to solve the issue. If it wasn't so fun to play, I woulda quit back when I got the last google play trophy, which is the sole reason I downloaded the game in the first place.

There's so many essays I would have to write on many different posts addressing such issues to better explain what's wrong with the game and how it could be improved, but instead I've been working on a couple of videos that better illustrate what's wrong with the game and how my suggestions would improve the game (such as adding a recharge function to the Shocker before it can fire again). Only problem with this is that work and maintaining my accounts eat up most of my time so it'll be some time before I can finish the videos and upload them to my YT channel for a comprehensive view from where I stand being an experienced player and dealing with all the bs surrounding the game including the lack of action taken by TA on the matters and all the hate in the community.

I love the game to the fullest, but I gotta be honest with you, I'd hoped they'd release a proper update within the first year of the game being out but since it didn't happen it truly doesn't seem like TA cares much at all about the future of the game. This could've been expanded upon so much to keep players playing for years but most don't even last mainly because of the ridiculous waiting times on everything in the game, lack of content, objectives and incentive to reach endgame and climb rep.
DEATH TO SMURFS! >:)

TheLurkingRage
Top Rank: #1 for nearly 2 months
Top Rep: 4.9k
Smurfed/minmaxed/exploited shield to reach top: Nope
Player since: Mid January
YouTube:http://www.youtube.com/user/TheLurkingRage

Zavok

Postby Zavok » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:05 am

I personally think rep should not be lost on a hack, only gained or nothing. Whilst on defence rep loss but not gain should happen. My reasoning behind this is if you hack someone you boast about it hence the rep gain but if you're hacked you're the butt end of a joke so rep lost. This stops all the rep manipulation in a fair way in my eyes.
(Disclaimer: I'm biased for that type of system since I now main my defense only account)
Last edited by Zavok on Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

crack

Postby crack » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:43 am

Siber nice idea about Av low nodes can push out

TLR also nice idea about recharge on shocker

But I've been since the start dev r not concerned about fairness it is self evident lol, and being met with adamant resistance, well at least u r starting to see it with your own eyes.

I too love the concept.
Neither of these!!! Pay 2 Win /Smurf /Minmaxer :shock: Definitely these!!! 0$ dude/ TP/ RHG/Play by the ROE/Friendly/& an ass *donkey) lol

Luminaar

Postby Luminaar » Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:36 am

crack wrote:But I've been since the start dev r not concerned about fairness it is self evident
This couldn't be further from the truth :roll:
crack wrote:and being met with adamant resistance
The reason for that is because whatever rep/search scenario/combination "fix" is proposed, its always somehow broken/unfair to a group of players.

Groups and communities come together to propose ideas, and in bouncing those ideas about, they come to the concensus that these ideas work for "the majority" of players. The fact of the matter is, the players that are vocal on the forums contribute to a very tiny percentage of overall players, and while the ideas and thoughts are most certainly valid, they mainly take a limited (endgame/experienced/smurf) point of view into account.

The team have no intention of watching Hackers go down the pan. :)
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that can read binary, and those that cant.