Can we get an actual defence against shocker

Anything related to Hackers that doesn't fit in another forum
Mchief

Re: Can we get an actual defence against shocker

Postby Mchief » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:19 pm

Pluto wrote:How about use of a shocker also disables the slot that it installed on for the same duration as it would disable the nodes . So if I installed a lvl 9 shocker on a sentry , I would only have 3 slots for my other programs for 7 secs and the 4th slot would open only after 7 secs (that's how long a lvl 9 shocker will disable nodes) think this would bring in a bit balance for the use of shocker.

Problem with that is it won't affect the problem, two high level beams with take down anything other than high core/gate very fast so you just leave the last slot open and hit shocker every 8 seconds

Pluto

Postby Pluto » Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:59 pm

Mchief wrote:Problem with that is it won't affect the problem, two high level beams with take down anything other than high core/gate very fast so you just leave the last slot open and hit shocker every 8 seconds

Well with 2 beams , atleast your defenses will have a chance to hold or waste time versus 3 or 4 beams firing . Again , a decent hacker can still be easily able to overcome this and completely hack any base . Just trying to think of a viable solution which can be implemented with minimal disruption to the game . I’m sure there’s is a far better solution out there and someone will eventually come up with it

TheLurkingRage

Postby TheLurkingRage » Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:25 am

Pluto wrote:I’m sure there’s is a far better solution out there and someone will eventually come up with it

So... my fix is not a better solution, you think? The problem is the spamming of the program makes it much more effective than it should be, which is why I think my suggestion would be the proper way to fix the program, but since TA hasn't made such a change they must either believe it's not necessary to change the Shocker again OR that no suggestions are good enough. Only wish there was some back and forth discussion to know why nothing has been done to the shocker.
DEATH TO SMURFS! >:)

TheLurkingRage
Top Rank: #1 for nearly 2 months
Top Rep: 4.9k
Smurfed/minmaxed/exploited shield to reach top: Nope
Player since: Mid January
YouTube:http://www.youtube.com/user/TheLurkingRage

Pluto

Postby Pluto » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:09 pm

TheLurkingRage wrote:
Pluto wrote:I’m sure there’s is a far better solution out there and someone will eventually come up with it

So... my fix is not a better solution, you think? The problem is the spamming of the program makes it much more effective than it should be, which is why I think my suggestion would be the proper way to fix the program, but since TA hasn't made such a change they must either believe it's not necessary to change the Shocker again OR that no suggestions are good enough. Only wish there was some back and forth discussion to know why nothing has been done to the shocker.

Well , if i remember correctly what you said was to make shocker lie dormant for the duration it shocks the nodes and then re shock the nodes again. If this is what you are referring to , then its also a good one . But i would rather have the hacker use the shocker again , this way it forces him to use more programs , assuming the use of shocker also disables the slot .

In the end if implementing what u said is easy , then yeah why not then ? Better than how it is now