Reduced resource loss on sucessive attacks?

Anything related to Hackers that doesn't fit in another forum
crack

Re: Reduced resource loss on sucessive attacks?

Postby crack » Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:44 am

Ps go for mid range loot and more hacks vs high loot and less attacks u will be surprise at the results ok best of luck
Neither of these!!! Pay 2 Win /Smurf /Minmaxer :shock: Definitely these!!! 0$ dude/ TP/ RHG/Play by the ROE/Friendly/& an ass *donkey) lol

crack

Postby crack » Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:46 am

Post up your network image and programs image that might help solve your issues
Neither of these!!! Pay 2 Win /Smurf /Minmaxer :shock: Definitely these!!! 0$ dude/ TP/ RHG/Play by the ROE/Friendly/& an ass *donkey) lol

Anraton

Postby Anraton » Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:01 pm

crack wrote:Post up your network image and programs image that might help solve your issues

when I started the thread i used this layout

Switched to this layout not long ago

Yes I know bit-mine and server-farm are pushing level ... don't even mention it.

scrougy

Postby scrougy » Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:26 pm

Only problem i see, you use (and used) sentry next to the choke point.
it has high firewall and 4 programslot, leave at least 1 node beetwen sentries and the choke points or it will be broken from the sentry easier than scanner/ guardian. my two cent.

Edit: it got a little confusing as i wrote, in nutshell: dont use sentry as choke or have it right after the choke node, imo.

otherwise, both are nice

Anraton

Postby Anraton » Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:45 pm

scrougy wrote:Only problem i see, you use (and used) sentry next to the choke point.
it has high firewall and 4 programslot, leave at least 1 node beetwen sentries and the choke points or it will be broken from the sentry easier than scanner/ guardian. my two cent.

Edit: it got a little confusing as i wrote, in nutshell: dont use sentry as choke or have it right after the choke node, imo.

otherwise, both are nice

Well the first one was the idea of "Cascaded choke" like having "scanner/sentry choke" and then the "sentry/turret choke"
As it didn't work that well ... i switched to a "guardian/3 turret+sentry choke", "scanner/2 ice+sentry choke", "evolver/guardian+scanner choke"

While the evolver choke is really weak .. i think it will be not too easy because you have to manage 2 chokes at the same time.

About the "Turret+Sentry choke" .. you are right the sentry HAD the highes firewall as long as the turrets where lvl 5 .. with a lvl 6 turret, that should be the first target so the direct connected sentry should be an additional attacking node (unless there is a shuriken attack - and on that there should not be much difference if i connect the sentry to the guardian or not)

Anraton

Postby Anraton » Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:01 pm

Fun fact i didn't know it is possible:

Luminaar

Postby Luminaar » Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:48 pm

Anraton wrote:Doing an effective resource stealing stealth attack actually drops my reputation because i am not hitting a victory condition ... what is exacly against what reputation should be telling - as far as i undersood
"Win triangles" being a combination of percentiles while in stealth (so, 40% of the network Accessed and 60% resources stolen = 1 Triangle etc) is on the suggestions list - although by that latest screenshot, you have no issue getting full Access control!
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that can read binary, and those that cant.

crack

Postby crack » Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:58 pm

This is bad dude well knit that bad but bad in relation to your problem

1 can u upgrade the sentry first thing to do priority.
2 drop the stealth hacks altogether unless it is access & data only or the scanner is down.
3 image of hack with no loot looks like a 15 min compile serious lost and set back for u.
4 stop upgrading 3 SY just push 1 from now on, use others to spread AV.
5 nothing has any dps without that sentry so most important.
6 use only 3 slot so swap the core point to a library as other nodes r too high in firewall
7 can't see your program lvls
8 it's not surprising u r struggling to many errors in play at one time net design, program choice, sitting at high rep and would guess low programs lvls, or more mid range ones instead of focusing on a core set besides the stealth

U need to search the forum for other images of network designs and get a better understanding first thing, your strategy is weak in my opinion, all said and done nothing u can't change and of course u have to accept that u r leveling up your mines to early so u r a weak network. Hope it helps do worry change the game plan but think it over first hold your play if need be.

I had the same problem I had 3 bit mines to start with but was getting hammered and this was when the game was worst regarding the search eg players 12/15 levels higher hitting me, but instead of just holding on to my first idea I adapted fast deleted 2 bit mines even thou I felt the lost and marched on & here I am. The game is seriously unfair but that's another issue. So rethink and come back fighting hot.

Hell_Diguner

Postby Hell_Diguner » Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:15 am

Anraton wrote:
crack wrote:Post up your network image and programs image that might help solve your issues

when I started the thread i used this layout

[img]

Switched to this layout not long ago

[img]

Yes I know bit-mine and server-farm are pushing level ... don't even mention it.

Oh yeah, I'd hit you for what I would consider easy money. Phew... where to start? I haven't read the whole thread, so have you already told us you've read the guides stickied on this section of the forums?

Next: stop upgrading your farms. They are more than high enough to support you through level 50. Farms should not be your main source of income. The meta is "stealing as much money as possible within the time that you play, then spending it before you log off." Unless you know exactly what you are doing, farms can't generate resources fast enough to keep you afloat and interested in the game. The best use for your farms is to bolster your defenses. Yes, I am saying you should NOT protect your farms. Stick them in among your defense nodes to delay, distract, and annoy attackers. You can open the game every so often to collect the money your farms have generated - transferring it to the (now better protected) b-coin mixers and databases. Example:

Upgrade your Sentry. Just one of them - not all. One high level sentry is more powerful than three mid-level sentries. The lower level sentries are just to help spread antivirus faster. Once their AV connects with the high level sentry's AV, the high level sentry will then rapidly overwrite the low level Sentry's AV.

Stop trying to protect your Core. You can use its massive firewall and higher attack priority to your advantage, to help protect your database and mixer. Reputation is meaningless, you're not a minmaxer so it's unlikely you'll get anywhere near high reputation any time soon. If you play very smart and very frequently, then you have a shot at the higher reputation ranges starting... oh I'd guess around level 40 for you. If leaderboards are your thing, that is.

That should be enough advice for you to chew on and pretty much redesign your entire base. Then post the result and ask for more advice.
Hell_Diguner - C12L39, Had C12L29 (world record), Shuriken main
DiaboliExMachina - C12L38, Worms+Maniac main
CaptainDavyJones - C12L39, Beams main, will eventually be Kraken main

Return to “GENERAL DISCUSSION”